PDA

View Full Version : 15º ASAs?

aqua_scummm
04-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Anyone know where I can obtain some 15º vertical ASAs? I find them to be delicious on cockers, and now that I am done with cockers, want them on my mags.

Doc's site lists them, but I am waiting on books/shirts from november, so would prefer to stay away from there.

Thanks

Lenny
04-03-2007, 11:57 PM
I think Rogue has a few. Check out www.themagsmith.com or www.tunamart.com (<-- Rogue dealer). They both have EVERYTHING you need to build/buy a 'mag and spruce it up a bit.

Doc Nickel
04-04-2007, 04:13 AM
I don't have any left, anyway. (The store's slowly being taken down.)

Every time I had a bunch of people ask for them, I'd either spend the time making them or having the shop make them, then just a few would sell, and I'd sit on the rest for a year or more.

Last batch I had I eBayed off at about cost, and even then they didn't all sell.

I still make them for individual projects from time to time, but eventualy it had gotten to the point where four or five places carried their versions, so it wasn't worth my time to try and keep 'em in stock.

I think I still have four or five unanodized ones sitting around that were special-ordered with a "straight" front 1/8" tap (presumably for an LPR for a pneumag type mod) but of course never paid for, but that's it.

Doc.

luke
04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Or >>

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0007.htm

olinar
04-04-2007, 11:02 AM
hey luke, do you have any pics of the foreward extender on an rt rail?i dont like how it sticks out from the bottom of the am/mm rail but i think it might look different on an rt style.

viper-mayhem
04-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Are they comfortable? I was thinking of drilling out my RT PRO rail in front and going with one of these connected directly to the rail.

luke
04-04-2007, 03:00 PM
hey luke, do you have any pics of the foreward extender on an rt rail?i dont like how it sticks out from the bottom of the am/mm rail but i think it might look different on an rt style.

Well they are made for the AM/MM rails. My extenders use a single screw to mount the extender, the dove tail keeps it from spinning.

You could use it on other rails but it would move because of the single screw mount.

luke
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Are they comfortable? I was thinking of drilling out my RT PRO rail in front and going with one of these connected directly to the rail.

I never looked into modifying these for use on a RT rail. I will take a look this evening and get back to you guys.

Chronobreak
04-04-2007, 04:13 PM
if you want 15* foregrips i got lots

Smoothice
04-04-2007, 04:39 PM

Every time I had a bunch of people ask for them, I'd either spend the time making them or having the shop make them, then just a few would sell, and I'd sit on the rest for a year or more.

Last batch I had I eBayed off at about cost, and even then they didn't all sell.

I still make them for individual projects from time to time, but eventualy it had gotten to the point where four or five places carried their versions, so it wasn't worth my time to try and keep 'em in stock.

I think I still have four or five unanodized ones sitting around that were special-ordered with a "straight" front 1/8" tap (presumably for an LPR for a pneumag type mod) but of course never paid for, but that's it.

Doc.

How much for the ones you have left with 1/8" tap? I only need 1 for my pneumag. What do they look like? (I can't picture a 15 degree with a straight front)

Smoothice
04-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Well they are made for the AM/MM rails. My extenders use a single screw to mount the extender, the dove tail keeps it from spinning.

You could use it on other rails but it would move because of the single screw mount.

Stupid question

BUT

Does AM/MM rail mean Automag/Minimag rail?

I always see AM/MM and have never known what it means. I just figured it was a rail that I didn't have.

Chronobreak
04-04-2007, 04:56 PM

Doc.

doc, just post em up here in the bst, i might even be interested in another from ya

with all the people doing the mods im sure somone would have a use(maybe even a dealer ;) )

luke
04-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Does AM/MM rail mean Automag/Minimag rail?

Yes.

luke
04-04-2007, 05:06 PM

It looks like there is enough room to drill and tap another hole so you can have a 2 screw mount to use on the RT rail.

I don't have any pictures...

Skywalker
04-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Doc.

I'll take the one I purchased 2 years ago that I never received. :(

Or have I not waited long enough?