PDA

View Full Version : The beginning

Maghog
04-04-2007, 12:28 PM
/Users/danieldesmedt/Desktop/IMG_1177.JPG
Sorry, I wanted to show you guys something, but my inability to post pictures on this board persist despite my best efforts. I guess it'll have to wait for a day when I've got it figured out or find an alternative.
Dan@Triggernomics

warbeak2099
04-04-2007, 12:35 PM
You have to host the pics lol. www.putfile.com

ProblemKinder
04-04-2007, 12:41 PM
:rofl:

craltal
04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
email them to me and I'll put them up for you. I could use something to do at work today...
PM me for my email address.

geekwarrior
04-04-2007, 12:46 PM
in the beginning, there was text, and the text was maghog.

maghog said, let their be pics.

but there were no pics.

so on the second day, maghog hosted his pics on photobucket.com, and they were good.

on the third day, maghog copied the image tag (or location of pics), posted them in his thread. and there were pics. and maghog saw that their were pics, and it was good.

on the fourth day, maghog rested, and opened a beer. and it was good.

warbeak2099
04-04-2007, 01:06 PM
in the beginning, there was text, and the text was maghog.

maghog said, let their be pics.

but there were no pics.

so on the second day, maghog hosted his pics on photobucket.com, and they were good.

on the third day, maghog copied the image tag (or location of pics), posted them in his thread. and there were pics. and maghog saw that their were pics, and it was good.

on the fourth day, maghog rested, and opened a beer. and it was good.

If we still had sigs, that would be sigged.

Maghog
04-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks a lot guys, and I'm sure it's giving you a good laugh, but believe it or not, when I've tried to find a host for the pictures, I've wound up with more garbage and frustration than ever. I even requested direct instructions for posting a long time ago, receiving more than ample support from you guys, but I always wound up resorting to my faithful, helpful cousin who unfortunately no longer can do so.
Truth is, if I had a clue as to how to do it, I'd probably have shown a lot more than I should over the past few years, so maybe this is the way that it was intended to be.
A Website is in the works,(has been for over a year)and I guess we'll just have to wait till it's done. I apologize for my shortcomings as far as computers go, and promise to make up for it by doing my best in the workshop.
Dan

skife
04-04-2007, 01:11 PM
dan you can't do that to us.

Http://www.imageshack.us

hit browse find the images on your computer.
hit upload
post the links here

WIN!

geekwarrior
04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks a lot guys, and I'm sure it's giving you a good laugh, but believe it or not, when I've tried to find a host for the pictures, I've wound up with more garbage and frustration than ever. I even requested direct instructions for posting a long time ago, receiving more than ample support from you guys, but I always wound up resorting to my faithful, helpful cousin who unfortunately no longer can do so.
Truth is, if I had a clue as to how to do it, I'd probably have shown a lot more than I should over the past few years, so maybe this is the way that it was intended to be.
A Website is in the works,(has been for over a year)and I guess we'll just have to wait till it's done. I apologize for my shortcomings as far as computers go, and promise to make up for it by doing my best in the workshop.
Dan

i hope you didnt take it personally, i just thought it went well with your title. :p

pm me if you want help walking you through it :cheers:

mostpeople
04-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Ok.. mostpeople to the rescue.

Step 1: Locate your pictures on your computer
Step 2: Open your pictures using mspaint
Step 3: Resize your pictures to something reasonable
Step 4: File -> Save As -> Type in name, and below that select .jpg,
Step 5: Save it where you will remember it
Step 6: Go to http://www.imageshack.us
Step 7: Click browse, and browse to your new picture you just made, *****.jpg
Step 8: Click ok, and then on the imageshack browser click host
Step 9: Many links will come up, the bottom URL is the base URL, copy that
Step 10: Type MYURLGOESHERE , wrap the url in these two tags
Step 11: Click submit and you are done!!

craltal
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
my offer still stands, I'm not using anywhere near my quota of space in my .mac folder and can easily host a bunch of pics for you and send you the appropriate tags for them.

And I wasn't kidding about the free time, the wife is off in Maryland getting the grandparents ready for their move down here to Florida and work consists of 10 minutes threading up "300" in the IMAX and then waiting 2 hrs while it runs to repeat the process...

:cheers:

StygShore
04-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I use myspace to host my pics :)

Styg

personman
04-04-2007, 01:23 PM
dan you can't do that to us.
qft.
now i have to wait to see your awesome work
ugughhgkh :(

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
04-04-2007, 01:48 PM
and the end?

Maghog
04-04-2007, 01:57 PM
It pains me as well guys, I had this cool idea of showing a few "evolution" shots of my latest TLC, but I'm really fed up with this computer crap. The gun should be completed next week sometime, and I promise not to leave you guys hanging until the website is up. I'll throw you a little shot or two somehow to bide the time until I've got things the way I want them.

geekwarrior-I took nothing personally, actually found it amusing even though I'm pretty upset. It's punishment enough for me not to be able to share what I would like to, and if anyone wants to pour salt on my wounds, feel free to do so. I deserve it for being so incapable with computers. You'd think I'd have it figured out by now.
Oh well, I'm going to bed now.
Dan

SummaryJudgement
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
TRIGGERNOMICS!!!!!

Must see pics!

Can't wait!

Lenny
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
If we still had sigs, that would be sigged.
Agreed!

personman
04-04-2007, 03:04 PM
NoooooOOOOO WE <3 YOU DAN!

punkncat
04-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Easiest thing to do is check with your ISP. Most of them offer their customers some web space. You can download the pic to that page and then hotlink them here.

As has been offered before, if you would like to email me a pic I would be glad to host it for you.

trevorjk
04-05-2007, 02:06 AM
1. www.photobucket.com

2. register

3. check email - check for email from photobucket... do what it says

4. go back to www.photobucket.com

5. log in to www.photobucket.com

6.... ONCE you copy the image location (last big red box in my pictures) come back to automags.org or anywhere else. now you have 2 options. first click on the box you want to type in. from there you can either hit these 2 keys at the same time "ctrl" and "p" OR right click with the mouse and then scroll over to paste.

***side note*** you can only copy and paste 1 item at a time.

NOW! for pictures that show everything :D ... i hope this helps you out. by the way you can put HUNDREDS of pictures on this site and never have to pay a dime as it is all free. :cool:

photobucket main page
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/trevorjk/maghoghelp3.gif

how to upload a picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/trevorjk/maghoghelp1.gif

how to get code for the picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/trevorjk/maghoghelp2.gif

SummaryJudgement
04-05-2007, 02:31 AM
I take it you really want to see some pics, huh trevorjk?

trevorjk
04-05-2007, 02:58 AM
I take it you really want to see some pics, huh trevorjk?

well maghog definetly has some wonderful creations... that and i just got off work and its 3am on a weekday. so yeah not a damn thing to do :(

SummaryJudgement
04-05-2007, 03:11 AM

I just noticed your tag WooLooLoo......

You been hunting Cranes for Weemahtonwe?

And yeah, I can't wait to see the pics either. If Triggernomics was made public, I'd buy stock.....

trevorjk
04-05-2007, 03:16 AM

I just noticed your tag WooLooLoo......

You been hunting Cranes for Weemahtonwe?

And yeah, I can't wait to see the pics either. If Triggernomics was made public, I'd buy stock.....

actually i got it from age of empires. god i havent played that game in ages haha. i think it was command 30 and it had a voiceover for all players. man i giggled everytime i heard that haha :p

Maghog
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM
I honestly believe that I am cursed, and damned to never be allowed to post pictures on a forum as you all so easily do. I followed trevorjk's excellent and elaborate instructions, and believe it or not, I could not get it to work.
For me, this is a sign from beyond, telling me to do this the way it should be, or it can't be done at all.Please don't offer anymore to post my pictures for me, because things are a bit more complicated than that.
I truly apologize for this, but when the website is up, maybe you'll be able to forgive me.
Dan

Army
04-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Dan, can you at least get your pictures into a file on your computer (My Pictures is most logical)?

If so, then PhotoBucket.com will take them out for you when you hit "Browse"

Create your membership at PB first, then....

Top of the member page will have a browse button, hit it:

Your personal files will now be shown...choose My Pictures (or My Documents, then My Pictures):

Your pics will now be shown, left click on the one you want:

PB will put that pic address on hold until you hit the "Download" button...wait:

Your pic will now be hosted on PB. Beneath every pic is 3 choices of posting avenues, click on the "IMG" address. A small flag should tell you that you have copied the pic (if not, simply right click to highlight, then left click).

Come back here to AO. Right click in the dialogue box where you want the pic to go, then click on "paste". The copied address will be displayed in the correct HTML format to show the pic...no further effort needed.

Yes Dan, if I can do it, so can you :rofl:

***yes, I know this repeats much of Trevors post, but he went too far into copying the address. Photobucket does it for you.***

skife
04-05-2007, 11:51 AM
i feel like i'm getting played here.

like dan really just wants to tease us.

Maghog
04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
i feel like i'm getting played here.

like dan really just wants to tease us.

Good one skife, but if you look into my history, I really am a loser as far as comprehending computers goes. Everytime I try anew, I run into brick walls and discover new ways to make even the simplest operating systems (like my brand new MAC OSX)function improperly.

Truth is, I actually DID intend to tease you guys with a few shots of the early phases of my newest gun, and then release the final version sometime next week when the final touches are finished.

It's all going backwards now, turning into a mess I never really wanted and having to to turn away all of you generous and helpful people so that I can still keep some of my original plan of events intact.

You can make it out to be whatever you'd like, but ask yourselves, what do I have to gain from this at all? I have done my best to keep my stuff secret over the years, and now i get to feel like a fool before reaching the climax. I've basically robbed myself of the thing that I enjoy most about it, the moment where a gun like none before is presented to the public after years of hard work.

I have finally learned my lesson, and as a result, I realize I can't use forums anymore as a means to communicate my work. There WILL be a website, and it will be a good one, and that is going to be it. I will always continue to hang around AO, because it's great fun to talk to you guys. In the end, when everything is the way its planned I hope you'll see as I do that it is the best way to go.
Once more, I am sorry for getting you all riled up for nothing....for now.
Keep your eyes peeled!
Dan

trevorjk
04-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Good one skife, but if you look into my history, I really am a loser as far as comprehending computers goes. Everytime I try anew, I run into brick walls and discover new ways to make even the simplest operating systems (like my brand new MAC OSX)function improperly.

Truth is, I actually DID intend to tease you guys with a few shots of the early phases of my newest gun, and then release the final version sometime next week when the final touches are finished.

It's all going backwards now, turning into a mess I never really wanted and having to to turn away all of you generous and helpful people so that I can still keep some of my original plan of events intact.

You can make it out to be whatever you'd like, but ask yourselves, what do I have to gain from this at all? I have done my best to keep my stuff secret over the years, and now i get to feel like a fool before reaching the climax. I've basically robbed myself of the thing that I enjoy most about it, the moment where a gun like none before is presented to the public after years of hard work.

I have finally learned my lesson, and as a result, I realize I can't use forums anymore as a means to communicate my work. There WILL be a website, and it will be a good one, and that is going to be it. I will always continue to hang around AO, because it's great fun to talk to you guys. In the end, when everything is the way its planned I hope you'll see as I do that it is the best way to go.
Once more, I am sorry for getting you all riled up for nothing....for now.
Keep your eyes peeled!
Dan

glad to hear we get to see eventually :)

if you dont mind me prying at the current issue... but what about the steps army and i gave you that you are having troubles with? if you could give us a few details im sure some one here would be more then helpful in helping you figure out what you could be doing wrong.

Trevor

Army
04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
That's what I get for using a Govt computer....I don't get to see too many pics, so I didn't realize that Trevor had such detail.

Dan, stick with sculpting if you can't figure that out :D:D:D:D

Tunaman
04-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey Dan! Did you ever get that RT I fixed for you?

Maghog
04-06-2007, 02:22 AM
Tuna, the RT is safe and sound at my parents in the States. It arrived a day after I returned to Germany so I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I don't think we ever really settled on a price for your services. PM me a price, or a wish...if you'd like another trigger, or some special grip plates let me know, I'll take care of it.

trevorjk, I followed your instructions carefully, managed to register, browsed, selected a picture and clicked upload. At that point my computer froze in a way it never has before. So like I said, I really believe(and I'm not a religious person)that there are other worldly forces at work here, telling me that I have a certain path to follow, so that is what I will do.
Dan

SummaryJudgement
04-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Tuna, the RT is safe and sound at my parents in the States. It arrived a day after I returned to Germany so I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I don't think we ever really settled on a price for your services. PM me a price, or a wish...if you'd like another trigger, or some special grip plates let me know, I'll take care of it.

trevorjk, I followed your instructions carefully, managed to register, browsed, selected a picture and clicked upload. At that point my computer froze in a way it never has before. So like I said, I really believe(and I'm not a religious person)that there are other worldly forces at work here, telling me that I have a certain path to follow, so that is what I will do.
Dan

I'm not laughing at you Maghog, but I'd have kicked my moniter by now :D