PDA

View Full Version : How can I tell which barrel will fit?

2002superhawk
04-04-2007, 01:46 PM
I have a minimag body where the hopper would be over the right side of the gun the paint drops in on the left (I'm not sure which powerfeed this is called.) The only barrel I have is a twist lock from a standard right feed body. Unfortunately, the barrel I have won't work with the new body, it actually locks into place for the right feed and seals off the feed tube on the minimag.
I have no problem replacing the barrel, but I do want to be sure Im going to get one that works. Is there anything in particular that I need to look for or will all the aftermarket barrels work?

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
So you have a Hopper right, but its power feeding from the left essentially. Try to trade for a new barrel that has R/L twistlock automag threads

Raven001
04-04-2007, 02:09 PM
I could be wrong but I thought all mag barrels fit either left or right feed mags. I don't know if the barrels made for a center feed mag were limited to that style. Too bad he lives in the US, i got a few barrels that are just not used anymore....

automikey
04-04-2007, 05:05 PM
You have a "hopper right powerfeed body".

Some barrels are both left and right, some are just one but have the other slot milled out to near the end, so you could actually file the end part yourself and use it the other way. If you look closely it won't take long to figure out where the feed will end up after you insert the barrel and twist.

The center feed barrels I have are for center feed only.