PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag ACE

Empyreal Rogue
04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
I remember, freaking ages ago, when I badly wanted an X-Mag one of the reasons I eventually lost interest was because of the stock ACE (And okay, maybe the price too). I remember reading threads (Which I can't find anymore) about how they are subpar and most people turn the eyes off and just use a LX. Something to do with the sensor tab I think.

So from X-Mag owners, is the ACE really as bad as I've read about? If so, is it worth it to have the ACE replaced with something a little more reliable, if so is that easy to do?

And hell while I'm on the subject, are eyes really that helpful? I've been trolling the B/S/T threads for E, D, and X-Mags for sale because I'd love to start a new 'Mag project. Does Luke still do milling for eyes?

MANN
04-04-2007, 02:14 PM
I have an xmag, but no ace eye. It it came unsoldered at the board. :cry: I dont have any choppnig problems tho. I use either a warp or an egg III. Both keep up just fine with my rof.

BigEvil
04-04-2007, 02:17 PM
The ACE's arent THAT bad. It is difficult for people to set up. On the Xmod software it is easier to adjust and see that it is working. But they are fragile, and there are many that dont work anymore for whatever reason.

A-Tach-One
04-04-2007, 02:19 PM
To be honest, I use ace for its on/off switch. Level X hasn't done me wrong. :)

psychowarden
04-04-2007, 02:40 PM
When I had my X-mag, it had functioning ACE for the first couple times out, and then stopped working. But, it never chopped even after that, because it had a LVL X.