PDA

View Full Version : Houston AO'ers: PBMaxx still in business?

vf-xx
04-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Have a real quick question: Is PB Maxx still in buisness?

I just moved back to Houston and I needed some work done. I've checked their site and it says that they moved the store, however their phone number doesn't work.

kenndogg
04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
closed down for good

vf-xx
04-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Phoey. Know if Brad moved to a different store or still takes work?

punkncat
04-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Phoey. Know if Brad moved to a different store or still takes work?

That you may find a sensitive subject round these parts.

vf-xx
04-05-2007, 07:08 AM
That you may find a sensitive subject round these parts.

Oh really? Sounds like I missed much. Any threads I should read to catch up? Maybe it'd be better if I learned about this via PM (if you don't mind sharing)

So anyway, if that's out, then where's a good place in Houston to get some minor work done? I"m having problems getting one of my barrels to mate up with a DocNickle adapter. I noticed Tank's now has a proshop, but that's a bit of a drive. Suggestions?

nicad
04-07-2007, 01:43 PM
No machining pro shops in the area that I know of. Brad still lives here, but works a "normal" job. :)

what exactly is it you are needing done?

vf-xx
04-07-2007, 04:20 PM
No machining pro shops in the area that I know of. Brad still lives here, but works a "normal" job. :)

what exactly is it you are needing done?

I was having problems getting one of my equation barrels to fit properly with a Doc's cocker to mag adapter. One of mine fits just fine, but the other one wouldn't screw down all the way.

After looking at it a bit yesterday I realized that it was probably just poor threading on the barrel and that since the doc's adapter was SS and the barrel was Al, that I could just use Doc's adapter as a dye and with a little oil and about 5 min worth of elbow grease I cleaned up the threads and it works just fine now.

Sad to know that there's no more machining pro shop's in houston now, but I appreciate your help!