PDA

View Full Version : Pump Mags

ttink
04-04-2007, 08:04 PM
So this has been on my mind for some time. The only truley precisely milled parts on the pump mag are the rail and the body. So if one can fabricate their own pump handle, pump guide and pump rods, then you are set, right? Then just buy a wave spring and the black bumper. Am I correct in my thinking?

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
04-04-2007, 08:21 PM
It'll be hard to make a black bumper but yes that about it. Or you could wait a week or more because Jay is making some.

ttink
04-04-2007, 08:30 PM
It'll be hard to make a black bumper but yes that about it. Or you could wait a week or more because Jay is making some.
Yes, I've seen that Jay is gonna start making them and I'm sure they will be great, but I'm a highschooler with no maony and shop class, so why the heck not. As for the black bumer, I heard an original RT bumper works? And on another note, can one do the body milling himself?

wjr
04-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah, you could probably do the body milling yourself. Or you could buy mine without the feedneck for $8. ;)

The rail is the tricky part I hear.

As for the bumper, I've heard of people sanding theirs to the right size. That wouldn't be hard I don't think.

splat15k
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, you could probably do the body milling yourself. Or you could buy mine without the feedneck for $8. ;)

The rail is the tricky part I hear.

As for the bumper, I've heard of people sanding theirs to the right size. That wouldn't be hard I don't think.

You say you have a pump-slot milled body for $8!? If so, I'll take it.

Lee
04-05-2007, 04:28 PM
RT bumpers work just fine.

splat15k
04-08-2007, 12:36 PM
PM sent to wjr