PDA

View Full Version : X valve question

fatkidfrank
04-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I just recently purchased a 68 with an xvalve. I already have one 68 that runs great on my 3000psi tank. when i screwed in the tank to the asa it sounded like it threw the blot and then nothing. I could pull the trigger and noticed some resistence but the gun would not fire. Could this be an input pressure problem?? or something worse?? I dont know the input pressure from this tank as it was a hand me down. I want to get a bigger 4500 tank but if the gun is bunk i dont want to waste my money. any help would be awesome

nevtangle
04-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I just recently purchased a 68 with an xvalve. I already have one 68 that runs great on my 3000psi tank. when i screwed in the tank to the asa it sounded like it threw the blot and then nothing. I could pull the trigger and noticed some resistence but the gun would not fire. Could this be an input pressure problem?? or something worse?? I dont know the input pressure from this tank as it was a hand me down. I want to get a bigger 4500 tank but if the gun is bunk i dont want to waste my money. any help would be awesome
Maybe try to turn the velocity up?

commrad
04-05-2007, 09:50 PM
if it's not your velocity needing turned up, what on/off do you have in it?

if it's a ULT you may have to tune it, if it's not did you adjust the length of the sear rod? if you did it may be a little bit shorter than it needs to be.

fatkidfrank
04-08-2007, 03:11 PM
The seller said it had a ULT on it and when i got it i put a y grip on it. Would that cause a sear problem??

So you guys dont think it is an input pressure probem?

fatkidfrank
04-08-2007, 03:12 PM
if it's not your velocity needing turned up, what on/off do you have in it?

if it's a ULT you may have to tune it, if it's not did you adjust the length of the sear rod? if you did it may be a little bit shorter than it needs to be.

how do i tune a ULT? i'm pretty new to air smithing so i don't know a ton.

fatkidfrank
04-08-2007, 03:18 PM
one more thing. does the xvalve need 1000 psi inputs? or will 800 or 850 work?

Tao
04-08-2007, 04:50 PM
one more thing. does the xvalve need 1000 psi inputs? or will 800 or 850 work?

No the x valve would run at 650 (but won't sustain a very high rate of fire) 800 is just fine.

Try tightening your field strip screw (or loosening it). I find that if I hand tighten it, it needs just a touch more with a wrench. If you cranked it tight with a wrench loosen it.

Also (from another thread) take the valve out and check to see how well the sear comes through the hole on the bottom of the mainbody when you pull the trigger. The body shouldn't get in the way.

commrad
04-16-2007, 06:17 PM
it sounds like it's either the sear rod (needs to be a little longer), if I suspect that is the problem on mags I work on I all ways use a jewelers flat head screw driver and put it between the trigger and the rod and use it to press the sear rod further than the trigger can into the frame, if it shoots the rod is too short.

since you changed the frame (if it worked before) you prob just need to lengthen the rod (unscrew it about a turn and a half to start with)