PDA

View Full Version : Why do pm6 eyes SUCK?

behemoth
04-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I hate proto eye ribbons.

Who's idea was this? I'd like to know, so i can kick them in the face repeatedly. Then take the 40 dollars i spent on eyes from them.

40 *Freaking* dollars for an eye harness, and they're not even wires with connectors, its a RIBBON.

Weak POS.

neppo1345
04-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Quit your whining.

MOLLY doesn't even have trouble with her eye ribbon.

You're just a pathetic excuse for a paintball player.

/thread

aqua_scummm
04-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Because nothing compares to a level 10

Chronobreak
04-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Because nothing compares to a level 10

why are you chopping simply because "your eyes are not working"

LegumeOfTerror
04-07-2007, 08:48 PM
thanks for whining to us. great thread really.

Russ
04-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Darn, the BAN must be over :tard:

LegumeOfTerror
04-07-2007, 09:00 PM
yup. we have a resident douche back.

Pneumagger
04-07-2007, 09:09 PM
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew you had to have posted it.

behemoth
04-07-2007, 10:28 PM
yup. we have a resident douche back.

And dont you forget it.

Now, while you're down there....

CKY_Alliance
04-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I've had my proto for over a year now and no problems with the ribbon eyes yet...I need to just get a pair of wire eyes thought since I have UL frame I can plug em right up...

Great now my eyes are gonna break...

behemoth
04-08-2007, 09:01 AM
When i bought the marker, the eyes were dead.

I bought a new pair, attempted to put them in, and the way they have it setup, its goofy.

any other marker, if something happens, the eyes will go free from the body.

pm6 makes the eyes go between the solenoid and the body, then get caught in the eye groves, and if, for instance, you lose control of the body/frame (not the easiest to put together with the curved top like that...) the eye ribbon is caught between the two, and poof.

Its poor design.

Mango
04-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Quit your whining.

MOLLY doesn't even have trouble with her eye ribbon.

You're just a pathetic excuse for a paintball player.

/thread

Can we ban this douchenozzle? Please.

behemoth
04-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Can we ban this douchenozzle? Please.

He's a friend of mine. He's just asking for a punch to kidneys, thats all.

I'll take care of it next time i see him, dont worry.

SCpoloRicker
04-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Porch!1

CKY_Alliance
04-08-2007, 04:33 PM
When i bought the marker, the eyes were dead.

I bought a new pair, attempted to put them in, and the way they have it setup, its goofy.

any other marker, if something happens, the eyes will go free from the body.

pm6 makes the eyes go between the solenoid and the body, then get caught in the eye groves, and if, for instance, you lose control of the body/frame (not the easiest to put together with the curved top like that...) the eye ribbon is caught between the two, and poof.

Its poor design.

Are you talking about after the eyes are already in? The excesses wire? If so I just tuck that down by the board and it's good to go...

Do you have a UL frame by chance?

Oh if they aren't working might wanna make sure the right side of the ribbon is up and if it is look at the end of the ribbon and see if it looks damaged or burnt maybe..if so, or even if it doesn't then trim a little bit off of the ribbon (if there is damage trim that off) and plug them back in, I think I had to do that to mine when they gave me some issues and they work fine now.

Ye I don't like the ribbons, or how you plug them in..I believe vision shockers are the same way...

neppo1345
04-08-2007, 05:43 PM
He's a friend of mine. He's just asking for a punch to kidneys, thats all.

I'll take care of it next time i see him, dont worry.

You won't do anything, you love me too much.

Go break some more eye ribbons.

behemoth
04-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Are you talking about after the eyes are already in? The excesses wire? If so I just tuck that down by the board and it's good to go...

Do you have a UL frame by chance?

Oh if they aren't working might wanna make sure the right side of the ribbon is up and if it is look at the end of the ribbon and see if it looks damaged or burnt maybe..if so, or even if it doesn't then trim a little bit off of the ribbon (if there is damage trim that off) and plug them back in, I think I had to do that to mine when they gave me some issues and they work fine now.

Ye I don't like the ribbons, or how you plug them in..I believe vision shockers are the same way...

No, you gotta take out the noid, fish the led's into the holes, put the noid back, then try to put the gun back together.

Well, i couldnt plug the ribbon into the board while the frame was on the gun, so i plugged the ribbon into the board, then while i was attemting to attach the frame to the body (goofy curved frame/body connection, cant be flat like everyone else..) the body slipped out of my hands, and the ribbon snapped.

CKY_Alliance
04-08-2007, 09:20 PM
No, you gotta take out the noid, fish the led's into the holes, put the noid back, then try to put the gun back together.

Well, i couldnt plug the ribbon into the board while the frame was on the gun, so i plugged the ribbon into the board, then while i was attemting to attach the frame to the body (goofy curved frame/body connection, cant be flat like everyone else..) the body slipped out of my hands, and the ribbon snapped.

Next time set it on a table and handle the wire....not the gun..

Will the wire reach to plug..might be able to make it work.

behemoth
04-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Next time set it on a table and handle the wire....not the gun..

Will the wire reach to plug..might be able to make it work.

I know, i know it was my fault, but if they were wires, it wouldnt have happend.

hmudd13
04-08-2007, 11:02 PM
I believe if the manufacturers use actual wire instead of ribbon, the price of the marker will go up $200. :dance:

gruntbull
04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Ribbon eyes are worthless they get them I bet for less than 3 dollars.

Tao
04-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Bottom Line: Leave poor quality markers to the Agg Noobs of the world to buy... :tard:

That is anyone who bases any marker aquisition decision on whether any markers found in said decision are "agg" or "non-agg" are a specific breed of Noobs :rofl:

Jimmykaboots
04-09-2007, 01:28 AM
haha how right you are!

Glickman
04-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Bottom Line: Leave poor quality markers to the Agg Noobs of the world to buy... :tard:

That is anyone who bases any marker aquisition decision on whether any markers found in said decision are "agg" or "non-agg" are a specific breed of Noobs :rofl:

i REALLY hope i missed something, and misread you saying that Dye/Proto's are poor quality markers....

yea, iIve broke the eye ribbons on my pm6, but i don't know where you got them for $40, the place by me charged me $15, and they threw in some new o-rings as well. they are not the strongest in the world, but i can tell you that once you've broke them, you are gonna take EXTRA careful not to do it again.

money hungry; no one can deny that about Dye. but on the whole: poor quality markers, definitely not.

Personally, I'm looking into the Lucky Eyes, as they are actual wires, and are visible down the chamber

Ydna
04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
The problem is you wouldn't be able to attach the eyes anywhere else except the mainboard, since the gun doesn't use a daughterboard. Personally I tend to remove the board before reinstalling the frame with body, then plug the eys in and reinstall the board. It's adding a few extra steps but hey it works.

The eye ribbons themselves are cheap to make once you've got the design down, but initially they cost a few thousand to get correct...like most everything else these days...

rkjunior303
04-09-2007, 10:34 AM
why didn't you try to contact DYE? They've been stellar when it comes to customer service.

Pneumagger
04-09-2007, 11:19 AM
wait, josh...

you broke your replacement eye covers too? or you talking about the original eyes?

CKY_Alliance
04-09-2007, 11:48 AM

So what is your basis for declaring dye made markers (since that is just what a proto is) poor quality?

I would really like to see some basis for this assumption.Oh and don't use the example given in this thread Behemoth already said it was user error.

Glickman
04-09-2007, 12:13 PM
So what is your basis for declaring dye made markers (since that is just what a proto is) poor quality?

I would really like to see some basis for this assumption.Oh and don't use the example given in this thread Behemoth already said it was user error.

i REALLY hope i missed something, and misread you saying that Dye/Proto's are poor quality markers....

;) ;)

the '03 matrices were BEAUTIFUL. since then, i think since then they have only sacrificed efficiency for speed and weight

CKY_Alliance
04-09-2007, 12:17 PM
;) ;)

the '03 matrices were BEAUTIFUL. since then, i think since then they have only sacrificed efficiency for speed and weight

Still today go pick up an 03 and it will shoot ropes all day long..like you said it might just be a little heavier,and have different efficiency...still just as fast though and will work like a charm.

behemoth
04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Lucky eyes only work with lucky boards.

And the average price i saw for Pm6 eyes was 40 bucks (online, no local shops have them.)

I only took this gun cos it made sense in a trade.

And i'm currently trying to trade it off, but without eyes, not gonna happen.

Pneumagger
04-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Lucky eyes only work with lucky boards.

And the average price i saw for Pm6 eyes was 40 bucks (online, no local shops have them.)

I only took this gun cos it made sense in a trade.

And i'm currently trying to trade it off, but without eyes, not gonna happen.

I don't know if you already bought them, but Dan at lenny's and my shop is in love with Dye/proto. I know he'll have them, and lenny might be able to get 'em for a song.

Underground sports 330-923-8917
probably a 25min drive south (or have lenny meet up at a field).

rkjunior303
04-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Josh -

Call DYE.

Tell them you need an eye ribbon.. They'll probably send you one for FREE.

CKY_Alliance
04-09-2007, 12:51 PM
As someone else said call dye..see what they will do..just tell em what happened..or change the story a bit..they may send you some free or at a discounted price...

Lucky lazer eyes shouldn't just work with lucky boards...should work with any board that takes wire eyes. Didn't Lucky move to the UK though?

Pneumagger
04-09-2007, 02:11 PM
As someone else said call dye..see what they will do..just tell em what happened..or change the story a bit..they may send you some free or at a discounted price...

Lucky lazer eyes shouldn't just work with lucky boards...should work with any board that takes wire eyes. Didn't Lucky move to the UK though?

"Lazer" eyes generally have different power requirements. Some boards can or can't interpret the return signal of a diode returning a different signal power. For example, stock vikings cant use laser eyes.

Tao
04-09-2007, 05:02 PM

yea, iIve broke the eye ribbons on my pm6, but i don't know where you got them for $40, the place by me charged me $15, and they threw in some new o-rings as well. they are not the strongest in the world, but i can tell you that once you've broke them, you are gonna take EXTRA careful not to do it again.

money hungry; no one can deny that about Dye. but on the whole: poor quality markers, definitely not.

Personally, I'm looking into the Lucky Eyes, as they are actual wires, and are visible down the chamber

Well this thread said that not me..but while we are at it, if a specific piece (or several pieces) of a manufactured product are flawed and cause customers grief that is a reflection of poor quality and poor quality control on the company's part. I have no simpathy for companies who can't either test their products correctly, or use shody parts just to save a buck (and let the end user deal with it). You know many companies specifically make products which fall apart after a given amount of time. It is called planned obsolescence. Sure the part costs much less that a proper quality part, but over time the consumer will spend much more because they have to keep replacing this part. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case, and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes an epidemic in today's paintball companies...

Tao
04-09-2007, 05:26 PM

No I wasn't declaring dye markers as bad. In fact I didn't even look at what kind of marker he was complaining about. All I hear was a bunch of whining about some new marker...
Anyway from this thread it seems the problem with the eyes isn't isolated so I don't think I would be buying a matrix (if I were in the market for a new gun that is).

behemoth
04-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I emailed proto.

We'll see.

CKY_Alliance
04-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Well this thread said that not me..but while we are at it, if a specific piece (or several pieces) of a manufactured product are flawed and cause customers grief that is a reflection of poor quality and poor quality control on the company's part. I have no simpathy for companies who can't either test their products correctly, or use shody parts just to save a buck (and let the end user deal with it). You know many companies specifically make products which fall apart after a given amount of time. It is called planned obsolescence. Sure the part costs much less that a proper quality part, but over time the consumer will spend much more because they have to keep replacing this part. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case, and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes an epidemic in today's paintball companies...

As he said it was user error, the wire eyes by no means are great...but they do what they are supposed to.

The statement above sure makes it seem like you are refering to the marker being discussed in this thread...

But then you say you didn't even look at what type of marker it was, so you just make a blanket statement about any marker that is hyped up (Agg as you say) not even knowing a thing about them...

Tao
04-09-2007, 10:50 PM
But then you say you didn't even look at what type of marker it was, so you just make a blanket statement about any marker that is hyped up (Agg as you say) not even knowing a thing about them...

Actually it was aimed at the trend of kids who buy guns simply because they are great looking, and usually end up dissapointed...

CKY_Alliance
04-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Actually it was aimed at the trend of kids who buy guns simply because they are great looking, and usually end up dissapointed...

Then why call them poor quality? What are your grounds for judging the markers that you have probably never used?

LegumeOfTerror
04-11-2007, 11:31 AM
i wouldnt say they are low quality, but the quality dosnt warrant the price.