PDA

View Full Version : AGD Isn't Dead

Kyle.Kimber
04-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I am thinking of a thread which will completely and utterly destory the annoyance of the "What is up with Air Gun Designs?" threads which happens to pop up every other month. Does anyone have statistics or can explain why AGD is doing fine and tech developed? Maybe we could get this stickied.

skife
04-08-2007, 12:09 AM
meh, i like when someone asks every couple of months, tom gets in there somtimes and tells them whats up with him. he needs to keep a blog.

Jimmykaboots
04-08-2007, 12:15 AM
maybe the person asking the questions is a shareholder of the company and is worried the shares are dropping :D

CaliMagFan
04-08-2007, 12:42 AM
not publicly traded.

Jaan
04-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Maybe it'll resurrect for Easter...

Lohman446
04-08-2007, 06:36 AM
I am thinking of a thread which will completely and utterly destory the annoyance of the "What is up with Air Gun Designs?" threads which happens to pop up every other month. Does anyone have statistics or can explain why AGD is doing fine and tech developed? Maybe we could get this stickied.

Niche marketing does not require entire overhauls of the existing product, in fact it may actually hurt niche marketting.

As others have noted because AGD is not publically traded the numbers are not available, and probably only known to Tom, Zupe, and a select handful of others.

SCpoloRicker
04-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Niche marketing does not require entire overhauls of the existing product, in fact it may actually hurt niche marketting.

Kick... replies... ;)

ahellers
04-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I have to wonder how much new product AGD is really selling, I mean you can say mags are making a come back but how much of it is just being traded around. I have 2 classic mags and an X valved mag, but the only thing Ive bought from an AGD dealer is an intilliframe.
Just a thought.
t

jade_monkey07
04-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Im relatively new to paintball compared to some of the "oldtimers" around here :p iv only been playing about a year, tagball for 4 before that. id never really heard of mags untill about 9 months ago, did some research and bought a new tac-one from AGD. now im on the forums everyday learning as much as i can about thier history how they work and what came before. all i talk about at our weekly games is how much better my mag is then other guns :cool: , and what kind of cool custom made stuff is out there for them, so far iv turned 2 more people to tac ones both brand new aswell.
so to sum it up, theres still lots of stuff being sold, im sure alot more then you hear about on here

krack420
04-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm in North Carolina and i will say that the last 2 or three scenario games Ive been to i have noticed a lot more mags than usual :headbang: I say there making a comeback here

Ole Unka Phil
04-14-2007, 09:46 PM
You will see them for years. A couple orings and a splash of oil and they work. Tom was his own worst enemy building something that is going to last for more than his or my lifetime. Essentialy an old one is as good as a new one. When you make something that lasts and is durable you run out of market eventualy.

WalkingTarget
04-14-2007, 09:59 PM
if anything, the only thing AGD can do to grab more profit is expand internationally, offer their products overseas.. niche marketing is like that.

but mags will be around as long as paintball is, because, in the words of a machinist friend of mine..

"heck, it's a simple but elegant design, i could probably make a one-off in a day if i really wanted to"

meaning that, if the unlikely were to happen and AGD were to go down, mags would live for the hardcore enthusiasts.

that being said, if AGD is doing what i believe they are doing.... then we will see new products a couple years in the future.

cyrus-the-virus
04-15-2007, 01:21 PM
that being said, if AGD is doing what i believe they are doing.... then we will see new products a couple years in the future.

Don't count on it.

vikking_1
04-15-2007, 02:34 PM
i went and played last night and started the few first games with my cocker, all i got was nice color sceam. i got tired of using it so i broke out the mag and heads turned. i missed the next 2 games becouse i was explaining to the kiddies with dm's and ion's what i had. non of them have ever seen a micromag or hurd of one...lol. and when i finaly got a chance to play they were impressed with how well it kept up with there markers. then i broke out the old 68 clasic body and triger frame, i sat and gave a history lesson to a couple of them that were interested. when the topic changed to what do they have for modern upgrades and such, i looked at them and said......."nothing, unless you get a tac1, and with them i dont think theres not that much". one of them asked why i wanted a gun that didnt have upgrades for them, and i told him that any, other than the ones that are out there now, arent needed. its one of the vary few markers out there that comes close to perfect out of the box. so he asked where to get one and i told him this forum or ebay and getting them new is pritty much imposible, at least i have no idea were to find new in box ones.

i think AGD should put a few new ones together and send them out in the market, put out about 1-200 every other year or so.

Head knight of Ni
04-16-2007, 10:09 AM
i went and played last night and started the few first games with my cocker, all i got was nice color sceam. i got tired of using it so i broke out the mag and heads turned. i missed the next 2 games becouse i was explaining to the kiddies with dm's and ion's what i had. non of them have ever seen a micromag or hurd of one...lol. and when i finaly got a chance to play they were impressed with how well it kept up with there markers. then i broke out the old 68 clasic body and triger frame, i sat and gave a history lesson to a couple of them that were interested. when the topic changed to what do they have for modern upgrades and such, i looked at them and said......."nothing, unless you get a tac1, and with them i dont think theres not that much". one of them asked why i wanted a gun that didnt have upgrades for them, and i told him that any, other than the ones that are out there now, arent needed. its one of the vary few markers out there that comes close to perfect out of the box. so he asked where to get one and i told him this forum or ebay and getting them new is pritty much imposible, at least i have no idea were to find new in box ones.

i think AGD should put a few new ones together and send them out in the market, put out about 1-200 every other year or so.

Mag's still have a decent aftermarket. You did mention the E and X-Mag, right?

Paintchucker
04-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I have been hearing that "AGD is dead" since I began posting here in 2001...

ahellers
04-16-2007, 11:28 AM

www.airgun.com

new from the factory... unless im majorly misinformed.
t

robnix
04-16-2007, 12:32 PM
i told him this forum or ebay and getting them new is pritty much imposible, at least i have no idea were to find new in box ones.

http://www.airgun.com
http://www.tunamart.com
http://www.themagsmith.com

tech-chan
04-16-2007, 12:45 PM
The mag design is really one of the best out there. It's durable, quality, sleek, and for the least number of years, has become increasingly lightweight. Although AGD has probably released most of thing products it ever will, the real light at the end of the tunnel is that the Automag has a very tight band of followers who are always modding and tinkering and developing new ways to up the game of the marker. From the Pneumag, to electric frames, what is becoming more and more common is that in the right hands, an upgraded frame can be modded to a mag body and create a super-competitive marker. With the Xvalve and RT valve capability of over 25bps with little to no shootdown, trust me, they aren't going anywhere. If anything, the AO'ers are working hard to find parts that can keep up with the AGD valve potential. Whether this type of production will become common anytime soon, I'm not so sure, but I do know that the opportunity is out there.-Posted by momentumrising on pbreview.com

:headbang: