PDA

View Full Version : Need Answer on Angel LPR Adjustments

AGD
01-05-2002, 05:36 AM
Guys,

I need a quick answer to this. If you turn down the LPR pressure in your Angel, do you have to turn the vertical reg pressure up or down to maintain velocity?

Thanks!

AGD

clockworkmiller
01-05-2002, 05:48 AM
dont get you're hopes up, this isnt an answer =(.

But I am asking the Warpig Angel Tech Forum, which might help you get an answer.

http://www.warpig.com/forums/tech/wdp/index.shtml

I just copy/pasted your question.

zads27
01-05-2002, 06:00 AM
At 4 am, I'm here for you, Tom! You need to turn the vert reg pressure up to maintain the same velocity, though if you change the LPR pressure, the snap ring usually needs to be adjusted as well. And if you adjust the LPR much out of spec, the velocity gets kinda screwy/inconsistant.

Hm.. perhaps if you want to have an easier time with your gun dyno tests (and the angel) if you can hunt down and find one of the old LPR regs.
You know, the ones where you could adjust the LPR pressure externally, instead of messing with those cursed shims, and having to go into the marker each time to change it.
I would think it's nearly impossible to find, but maybe you high ups can pull some strings and such.

clockworkmiller
01-05-2002, 06:02 AM
Damn, beat me too it. Good answer Zads

John Sosta, AGD Europe
01-05-2002, 06:46 AM
Tom I'm not sure if it will help but you can get a mod which will allow you to put a Rock reg on the front of the Angel in place of the LPR, this would allow you to also run a gauge and easily adjust it from the outside.

You can get them from www.proffessionalpaintball.com It's called the ERA.

manike (Simon)

lonsch
01-05-2002, 11:47 PM
just think about it this way

if you increase the lpr pressure the hammer will hit the valve harder. this will cause more air to go through the valve. causeing an increase in velocity.

the opposite is true. if you decrease the lpr you lose velocity

Failure
01-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by lonsch
just think about it this way

if you increase the lpr pressure the hammer will hit the valve harder. this will cause more air to go through the valve. causeing an increase in velocity.

the opposite is true. if you decrease the lpr you lose velocity

Which is why input pressure is increased or decreased. Using a lighter hammer and bolt would allow for lower pressure but more volume no?