PDA

View Full Version : Questions about an E-Mag Frame

ShadowNife
04-09-2007, 01:44 AM
I recently got myself a Karta E-Mag and I have a few questions about the e-mag frame itself.

1) The back of my E-mag frame is flat, and I was under the impression that there was supposed to be the infamous hump. Is it just a different version or something?

2) The space between the trigger and the battery pack is pretty small, and with a purchase of a tunablade, I was wondering If I would need more space to comfortably walk the trigger. With that in mind, I was wondering if it was possible to mill off the metal divider-like piece between the trigger and the battery, and would doing so weaken the frame too much or cause the marker to cease functioning?

3) Does anyone make wrap-around grips for e-mags? I usually like having at least some rubber on the front of my grip; panels just aren't my thing really.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out :)

mostpeople
04-09-2007, 08:13 AM
1. Its either an older frame or has been milled off...

2. Dont know about the trigger, but I wouldnt mill that spacer off, there is a reason its there and my GUESS is for stability and ruggedness..

3. The thing is, I dont think you would be able to see the LED's. If you dont care, I'd be surprized if you couldnt use Dye Sticky's.. just gotta modify them a little.

A-Tach-One
04-09-2007, 08:24 AM
1.Without a pic we can't be sure but you described one characteristic of a ule'd emag frame.

2. I have seen people mill out that center piece with no issues, so you should be fine. Looks a little funy imo.

3.Wrap around grips wont fit without some modification.

:cheers:

ShadowNife
04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Pics: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v636/LazyRulerDude/Current%20Gear/

Not the greatest quality, but you can see the flat back portion in some. The software is flashed to 3.2, so I don't think it's THAT old, unless the previous owner updated it.

2) Ya I was mostly just wondering. Still haven't shot it with the Tunablade yet, so I can't tell for sure if I'd need to at all either. Just wondering if it'd be a structural issue if I do.

3) hmmm ok, I'll wait on this too then hahaha

thanks guys :)