PDA

View Full Version : Tank regs

GroovYChickeN 2.o
04-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I am currently using an older Nitro Duck MegaReg. Honestly I hate it, way too heavy. I'm looking to replace it with something lighter. I would like to keep the tank if I can seeing as how I just re-hydroed it. I use a minimag with a x-valve on it so the more psi I can push out the better.

It has been a wile since the last time I got a tank, so I was wondering what you guys would suggest. All I really want to do it lighten my marker some.

StygShore
04-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Contact Nitroduck abou haivng an I-reg installed on your tank in place of the Megareg for about 40-60 bucks

or get it here and do it yourself:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paintball-HPA-Nitroduck-NEW-I-reg-4500-psi-800-output_W0QQitemZ300099606062QQihZ020QQcategoryZ362 87QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Contact Crossfire regarding their reg trade in program, you can have them put a new reg on in trade for your used one for 50-70 bucks

http://www.crossfireinc.com/whatsnew.htm

robnix
04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Contact Nitroduck abou haivng an I-reg installed on your tank in place of the Megareg for about 40-60 bucks

or get it here and do it yourself:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paintball-HPA-Nitroduck-NEW-I-reg-4500-psi-800-output_W0QQitemZ300099606062QQihZ020QQcategoryZ362 87QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Contact Crossfire regarding their reg trade in program, you can have them put a new reg on in trade for your used one for 50-70 bucks

http://www.crossfireinc.com/whatsnew.htm

Has anyone used an I-Reg?

StygShore
04-09-2007, 01:47 PM
got one... love the size and feel of it, have not got to use it yet because I have no paintball guns. I will test out the piston kits too, they are a cinch to change out for higher or lower pressure

The 70cu stubby is a perfect fit for the Mini and a direct mount rail asa combo though. The only flaw I have found is the collar being so short you have to mount the ASA lined up to the back of the grip frame, or you cant screw the tank on all the way.

Styg

robnix
04-09-2007, 02:21 PM
got one... love the size and feel of it, have not got to use it yet because I have no paintball guns. I will test out the piston kits too, they are a cinch to change out for higher or lower pressure

The 70cu stubby is a perfect fit for the Mini and a direct mount rail asa combo though. The only flaw I have found is the collar being so short you have to mount the ASA lined up to the back of the grip frame, or you cant screw the tank on all the way.

Styg

Thanks. I'm watching a few iReg tanks on ebay right now.

LFD92
04-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I actually switched out my MegaReg for a new Ireg. I absolutely love it. It's small, light, and with the piston kits it's perfect. I actually went and purchased another Ireg for my spare tank. Unlike some regs, they don't seem to have much (if any) drop off. The recharge is great and you can apparently change the color of them to go with your set up (I actually just found this out today at my local shop when they had 8 different colors).

One cool thing about the different colored reg body kits is that not only does it replace the sleeve the piston sits in, but also the threads! No more worrying about worn threads!

For the price (<$40 each) you can't really beat them.

Just my $.02

SR_matt
04-09-2007, 04:54 PM
guerilla air have good, light, fast recharging regs as well
-matt

buzzboy
04-09-2007, 05:13 PM
By chance, which version of the Megareg drop do you have. I know there are others that are smaller. But yeah, its huge.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
04-09-2007, 07:07 PM
I use one by made CP.

http://www.xpaintball.biz/Custom-Products-Nitro-Duck-Cradles-P9167C1544.aspx

luke@york
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
i just got hold of a "dynoflow"............... amazing, the reacticity you get of it when you crank up the input pressure was amazing, the site owner told me to turn it down but even so i had ppl complaining about it that were shooting electros

it was pretty cheap as well

luke

GroovYChickeN 2.o
04-10-2007, 07:37 PM
How high does the output on a dynoflow go?

d4m4don3
04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
On a dynaflow? I've had it as high as 1200psi, then the blow off relief valve starts leaking.

geekwarrior
04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
you could add more shims to a reg....like rudz :argh:

d4m4don3
04-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Shhhhhh :nono:

Don't wanna scare the natives now do we?

GroovYChickeN 2.o
04-10-2007, 08:50 PM

I could. Then again, I've been in my uncles shop (he owns a construction business) when the reg on the top of his big steel tanks failed after he "fixed" it. It proceeded to blow a nice hole in the roof.

I think I will leave my reg/tank work to an airsmith.

luke@york
04-11-2007, 04:30 AM
youv only got to look at the videos that "zak vetter" has done on his automag site to work out you need a dynaflow reg, once the blow off thing starts leaking, which it did on mine at 1200psi you just back it out one quater of a turn and everything is fine, youll still be shooting way over 1000psi into the xvalve, and probably still shooting way to fast for most fields as well as i found out last weekend, only my "bone packed battery" reloader b on setting 3 would keep up with it.

they are also on sale (reconditioned units) from dynaflow themselves over the net

luke :headbang:

Rudz
04-11-2007, 10:02 AM
I could. Then again, I've been in my uncles shop (he owns a construction business) when the reg on the top of his big steel tanks failed after he "fixed" it. It proceeded to blow a nice hole in the roof.

I think I will leave my reg/tank work to an airsmith.

i had an airsmith shim my centerflag 420 reg to about 1200 psi. gets abt 20 bouncing in mech, i have yet to push it in full electro mode, but im sure a vid will appear when i do.