PDA

View Full Version : Check this PB mini-gun

KayleAGD
04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I found this on Stumble-upon .....
LINK (http://www.remotelyinteresting.com/paintball%20minigun%20page.html)
http://hacknmod.com/pics/691-1.jpg

trevorjk
04-09-2007, 08:49 PM
only if it actually shot paint :(

wjr
04-09-2007, 09:03 PM
lol, your about two months too late. Cool anyways though.

PhantomStalker
04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
it would bee cool but imagine the air and paint

phat4life07
04-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Tippmann actually made one with 10 barrels mounted onto a off road go cart. Hell Survivor of Michigan owns it.

olinar
04-09-2007, 09:25 PM
if you could afford one of those things chances are your expecting to sling lots of paint. those are awesome as cover fire on a vehicle or if youve got a burly player willing to play with it. it would be a hell of a chalenge bunkering someone with it lol.

warbeak2099
04-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Damon at Scenario Dreams is making one that actually fires using electronically controlled timing. It is Ion based. The thread is in the custom guns section of Pbn.

Tao
04-09-2007, 10:42 PM
if you could afford one of those things chances are your expecting to sling lots of paint. those are awesome as cover fire on a vehicle or if youve got a burly player willing to play with it. it would be a hell of a chalenge bunkering someone with it lol.

lol any graphics artists out there want to paint a picture of that????... :rofl:

skife
04-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Tippmann actually made one with 10 barrels mounted onto a off road go cart. Hell Survivor of Michigan owns it.

didn't know HS owns it.

the 10 barreled gun doesn't work though :(

Ninjeff
04-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Talk about mowing faces. :wow:

Imagine two of those on top of a tank. :headbang:

Al_Steel
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Meh.. Tippmann had a minigun on their Tippmann buggy years ago. Can't remember how many barrels, but I believe it was 8. The barrels rotated using a Dewalt cordless drill connected by a chain to the barrel cylinder. The air source was a large, regulated scuba tank. IIRC it was gravity fed by a hopper that held 2 cases of paint. The hopper sat way up above the gun, next to the diver's head and the paint fed down a flex tube to the top of the gun. The was mounted on a swivel in front of the passenger.

Not 100% sure about the operation but it appeared that the air source was set up to fire the barrel was in the "firing" rotation. Once the air supply was on the gunner simply had to pull the trigger on the drill to start the barrels rotating. An empty barrel would pick up a paintball, which then rotated to the position where the air was supplied I THINK this actuated a air supply valve which would in turn shoot the ball. The process was then repeated for the next barrel in the cycle.

Not sure how well it worked b/c I never actually saw it in action, but I'm sure it worked.

Ydna
04-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Nah, didn't work. The entire "hellhound" was just for show...

Al_Steel
04-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Really? hmmm, that stinks... I saw it in person once and it looked rather convincing and really really cool. But I never did see it in action on the field, I just thought they were afraid that it would get dirty or something. ;)

I guess there is still a paintball niche that hasn't been filled, yet...

This guy looks like he is on his way but that thing looks complicated and expensive, but most of all.. heavy!

Al_Steel
04-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh, almost forgot...

A VERY long time ago (circa 1992, yeah, I'm that old :) ) I saw some guy at a woodsball tourney with a minigun that he had created. He hadn't worked out the feeding (obviously) but it was 6 barrelled and was powered by a motorcycle battery. He did demo it running and shooting air but I never actually saw it shoot paint. Wonder what ever happened to that guy?