PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm in the Middle

snoopay700
04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I was just watching this and the episode that was on was the one where lois went out of town, hal tore apart their bedroom, and malcolm's friend, dabne or whatever, had his birthday party. For his birthday he got a paintball gun from his grandfather and they call it some weird name and say it's the best gun you can buy, and it's not clear what kind of gun it is (i thought it was a spyder or a blowback marker of the like). Well when they actually go paintballing you can clearly see he has a classic mag with an annoed hard line and powerfeed, as does everyone else. I thought this was cool, though i'm sure some may find it pointless.

Ninjeff
04-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Well if they said "best gun ever" it must have been a mag. :D

snoopay700
04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Well if they said "best gun ever" it must have been a mag. :D
They named it the ultrawhatever 3000 (somthing along those lines with 3 or 4000 in the name) but when they shot them they were unmistakeably mags. I started wondering if one of the prop people was a mag fan, then realized that they probably weren't since they had shop goggles instead of something that would actually do them good.

Desega
04-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Sigh, TV will never get paintball right. Shop goggles=shop work, paintball goggles=paintball

Ydna
04-12-2007, 03:19 PM
It was a stacked tube blowback if I recall (in one of those "powerpacks" with a small tank and vl200 and such). People don't know the difference between that and a 1500 electropneumatiwhatever so it's all the same.

If the writers/prop directors for the show played paintball (and knew about it), it might have been a gag to the gun being a pos. who knows...

robnix
04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
If the writers/prop directors for the show played paintball (and knew about it), it might have been a gag to the gun being a pos. who knows...

Every TV show I've seen uses some cheap VL or PMI marker. Fear Factor had a stunt where the contestants had to shoot bottles of liquor with a paintball gun, it was the same thing, just some walmart special.

punkncat
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Every TV show I've seen uses some cheap VL or PMI marker. Fear Factor had a stunt where the contestants had to shoot bottles of liquor with a paintball gun, it was the same thing, just some walmart special.

IIRC Fear Fac. used a cocker for that "stunt".

Mongoose
04-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I thought it was a cocker also

robnix
04-12-2007, 03:45 PM

I need a better TV. :rolleyes:

Kyle.Kimber
04-12-2007, 03:52 PM
That Blue collar show got paintball right, gun wise. I believe that Larry the Cable Guy had a DM5.

snoopay700
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
It was a stacked tube blowback if I recall (in one of those "powerpacks" with a small tank and vl200 and such). People don't know the difference between that and a 1500 electropneumatiwhatever so it's all the same.

In the package it might've been, i didn't pay much attention, but it definitely had a powerfeed and wasn't a stacked tube when he held it, it was definitely a mag, or one of the euro rip offs.

robnix
04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
That Blue collar show got paintball right, gun wise. I believe that Larry the Cable Guy had a DM5.

Anyway remember "My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss" ? Horrible show, but they had a task that involved playing President with paintball guns.

CKY_Alliance
04-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I thought the Kid who played malcom and one of the brothers on the show actually have a paintball team..like D3...maybe I'm confusing them with some other show..but Im pretty sure it is them.

robnix
04-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I thought the Kid who played malcom and one of the brothers on the show actually have a paintball team..like D3...maybe I'm confusing them with some other show..but Im pretty sure it is them.

I think it's the youngest of them amazingly enough.

SenorMcNasty28
04-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Sigh, TV will never get paintball right. Shop goggles=shop work, paintball goggles=paintball

The reason they use shop goggles on tv and in the movies is because that way you can easily identify the actors.

thecavemankevin
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM

not sure about the other cast members, but i know someone on here years ago ran into the kid that plays Reese (second oldest, right above malcom) out at a field and posted a pick.

I remember MTV a few years back on one of their road rules vs real world shows has some misc paintball activities. Used Angels once and spyders another time.

Army
04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
not sure about the other cast members, but i know someone on here years ago ran into the kid that plays Reese (second oldest, right above malcom) out at a field and posted a pick.
That was me. He still plays..........so do I :rofl:

snoopay700
04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
The reason they use shop goggles on tv and in the movies is because that way you can easily identify the actors.
Yeah, that makes sense, but when they show people getting shot in the goggles (they splatter plaint though) that makes kids think it's ok to play with them.

SpitFire1299
04-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Heres that old thread..
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39345&highlight=reese

Maybe Reese likes mags? :D

paintballfiend
04-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Heres that old thread..
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39345&highlight=reese

Maybe Reese likes mags? :D
Ahh, the pics don't work. :(

bound for glory
04-17-2007, 12:30 PM
i remember waaaay back in the '80's rick schroeder had a team. sudden death out of cali. man, i'm old

rkjunior303
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM
i remember waaaay back in the '80's rick schroeder had a team. sudden death out of cali. man, i'm old

now he's running around chasing jack on 24.

snoopay700
07-26-2019, 12:48 PM
Super necro post...

Remembered this when getting a snapshot for Doc's list over on MCB, figured I'd post it up here.

brokeass_baller
07-27-2019, 12:34 AM
I totally remember that episode.