PDA

View Full Version : Guess what? ANOTHER pneumag post...

shorty24
04-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Here's my latest (functional). Not quite finished yet, but the first one built by myself :cool: . Found out I can actually do milling, lol!

The install was VERY clean, although the entire gun will need anno once it's completely finished.

A new LPR, gas-thru, grips and X-valve are on the way :ninja:

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/962/micromagwarpbody016np7.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1181/micromagwarpbody004ys5.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7391/micromagwarpbody008qx6.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/25/micromagwarpbody012xb0.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7051/micromagwarpbody006rr8.jpg

I milled a channel in the body and through the side of the ASA for the LP hose, drilled and tapped the front of the ASA for the LPR, drilled and tapped a hole to screw down the feedneck in the inverted position, tapped the sear pin hole and inserted a short set screw to hold the sear pin in place, and milled a little out of the inside of the frame as it was a bit too thin of a slot to fit the MPA-3 in even after the MPA-3 had been milled down as well.

olinar
04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
the marker looks great and the milling is clean. whatd you use to mill? props, its awesome but im sure you miss that first pneumag of yours, that was my favorite ver made.

SCpoloRicker
04-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Is that setup for Warp-right? Looks good.

geekwarrior
04-10-2007, 08:15 PM
very nice, think thats the first pnuemicro?

Papa_Smurf
04-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah, looks good.
I'd also like to know what you used to mill.

wjr
04-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Nice! I can't believe you paid somebody to make your first one!

Really, that's probably the cleanest install out there.

shorty24
04-10-2007, 09:49 PM
the marker looks great and the milling is clean. whatd you use to mill? props, its awesome but im sure you miss that first pneumag of yours, that was my favorite ver made.
yeah, the Anubis...I hate myself every time I am reminded that I sold it. But hey, it was either that or a semester of college, eh? ;)

Is that setup for Warp-right? Looks good.
yep, It's a warp-right setup, I'm a southpaw :ninja:

I've seen 2 others, but I think it's the first with a front-mounted LPR and hidden hose.

Yeah, looks good.
I'd also like to know what you used to mill.
Not sure of make and model, but it's an industrial-size 2-axis programmable mill (too bad it only makes straight cuts...). I work at a factory that manufactures interior car parts, and they custom fabricate most of their machines. They have every imaginable size of set screws, machine screws, steel rod (my trigger rod is just a 1" SS section), taps, you name it. Even LP hosing :ninja:

Nice! I can't believe you paid somebody to make your first one!
Really, that's probably the cleanest install out there.

TY :D

Honestly, if it hadn't been for Pneumagger's amazing instructional vid, I probably wouldn't know how even now. I'm gonna give all props to him for this one as well, just because I never would've gotten into the whole pneumag thing if it hadn't been for him.

This one's for you, Joe!

:cheers:

thefool
04-10-2007, 11:00 PM
no no not a micromag body :P

i just did 20 of those for jay.

be sure to warn who ever anno's it that the steel ring in them has to be masked off and cannot be taken off.

looks great so far though.

Pneumagger
04-11-2007, 02:23 AM
yeah, the Anubis...I hate myself every time I am reminded that I sold it. But hey, it was either that or a semester of college, eh? ;)

This one's for you, Joe!

:cheers:

That was the 3rd pneumag I ever made... and (until last week) was my computers desktop backround. Definately my favorite ever.

This Micro is hot! Super clean. Theres alot of room in that frame... you should stick a switch/board/battery/noid in there. ;) Alas, the pureness of a mech is a tough choice to ignore.

t0nnn
04-11-2007, 08:23 AM
i know you said you've seen 2 others done on a micro, your's is the first i've seen and it looks real nice ...very clean everything goes together perfect ..props

nice selection on the trigger too

shorty24
04-11-2007, 08:52 AM
This Micro is hot! Super clean. Theres alot of room in that frame... you should stick a switch/board/battery/noid in there. ;) Alas, the pureness of a mech is a tough choice to ignore.

TY :D

And turning it e-pneu was my plan for the next step :ninja:

I was looking through the workshop at a couple of i-mag threads, and I'm pretty confident I'll be able to mod and Ion board (aftermarket noid of course, so I can ditch the capacitor) to make this gun totally rip. AND...I'll even be able to mill it for eyes :ninja:

Someone was thinking ahead when they designed this frame, too; it looks like there's already a spot ready to mount a microswitch in!

Thanks for the props guys!

shorty24
04-11-2007, 08:55 AM
no no not a micromag body :P

i just did 20 of those for jay.

be sure to warn who ever anno's it that the steel ring in them has to be masked off and cannot be taken off.

looks great so far though.

I know it's not a true micromag body :rolleyes:

But that's why I didn't feel bad about cutting it up for my first pneumag attempt, lol!

Speaking of anno though, I really like the job you did on jay's, think you could do a simple anno on mine if it wouldn't be too much trouble? You have a PM anyway...

Smoothice
04-11-2007, 11:16 AM

There was one at the AO Socal Camp Pendleton day. Shingo was shooting it.

shorty24
04-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Anno coming soon by thefool! :D

What do you guys think about dust blue?