PDA

View Full Version : Safety Removal + old school X-mag ACE Q

UThomas
04-11-2007, 09:48 AM
I got an old school C&C x-mag not to long ago (unmilled bat pack, emag valve, hump grip frame). Anyway, I had a few questions

1) The safety is very stiff, so I understand the ball bearing might be rusty or the spring too strong. How do I get the safety out (how do you put pressure on the ball bearing if it is underneath?)?

2) It does not have an ACE board, it has a little metal pot wired directly to the board, and the sensativity adjustment is in a hollowed out space behind the grip frame. How do you remove the sensativity adjuster (it appears super glued?) for anno and/or is it easily replaced if I break it getting it out? Any other advantages/disadvantages of this type of ACE setup? Is the grip frame milled more on the ACE's on boards?

Thanks,

Thomas

flyingpootang
04-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Thomas, Your ACE set up is unique the standard ACE is a seperate board. You should take pics of it and post it on the Tech forums. I have one of the orignal Euro's with the same setup, but I removed mine due to it not working. I took pics but they some how got deleted. Your type of ACE can be adapted to any emag board. As for removing the POT you have to chip around it with a punch, melt the JB weld, or simply twist it and it may break free. To install the ball bearing for the safety use a claer table and a white sheet (incase the bearing gets shoot out into outter space) and a very thin punch or simular device. insert the spring, then the bearing. Hold the bearing with the punch on the right side while slowly insert the safety on the left....

UThomas
04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks - I should have the ACE pics up tonight.

I understand how to get the safety in (or at least have read a few descriptions), but how do you get it OUT?

Thanks,

Thomas

BigEvil
04-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks - I should have the ACE pics up tonight.

I understand how to get the safety in (or at least have read a few descriptions), but how do you get it OUT?

Thanks,

Thomas

YES PICS!! :clap:

UThomas
04-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Here are pics. Now can anyone answer any of my questions? :)

http://home.roadrunner.com/~thomas_mitchell/Pics/ACE1.jpg

http://home.roadrunner.com/~thomas_mitchell/Pics/ACE2.jpg

UThomas
04-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Nobody knows how to take the safety out?

Tunaman
04-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Just knock it out away from the side with the hole for the spring. The ball and spring will go flying so be careful.

UThomas
04-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Safety removed. Thanks!

Tuna - any more history on my ACE? My other (non C&C) X-mag from the UK has the same setup... (as well as an on/off switch at the base of the battery pack)

Tunaman
04-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Safety removed. Thanks!

Tuna - any more history on my ACE? My other (non C&C) X-mag from the UK has the same setup... (as well as an on/off switch at the base of the battery pack)nothing more other than its the UK version. Watch out for pinched wires when assembling. The harness slot could have been milled deeper on these. I dont know how those on/off switches are holding up but they are. I am not real keen on this design. ;)