PDA

View Full Version : Build my own pump mag

autococker04
04-11-2007, 07:23 PM
hey everyone, to put it bluntly, im bored as hell.
mags are cheap, adn ive got a weird soft spot for them, and now that i only play pump, id like to try my luck at building a pump mag
im not talking about buying a kit, id like to try if at all possible to use a ssm kit, ment for a sniper/
i know this is gunna be tough, ive read my stickeys, ive got parts at my disposal, and i have too much time and no girlfriend :tdown:

so i come to you guys in search of guidence.
i only have a dremmel, one bit, a dull hacksaw, and a hand drill.
so to build this beast, ive got a few questions.
this wave spring im kinda iffy about its accual pourpose, dose it slow down the bolt from behind, so that the sear dosent catch the bolt, adn you have to pump it into cocked position?
and the slot, this is gunna be the toughest part, is it jsut a flat slot, no small bumps or notches?
how deep should the slot be milled, and the bends in the rod, theres a 90* to go into the pump handle, and at the end of the rod thats internal, it appears to bend up a bit, this is to catch the bolt, correct?

there will be so many more questions. thanks a lot for you guys help

yes i know its on the nation too, and warpig. im looking for as broad a range of people as i can get

Rudz
04-11-2007, 08:40 PM
the wave spring stops the bolt, so the pump cocks the bolt, the rail is THE hardest part, it has an incline, and getting one milled inst cheap, im sure u could mill a body with a dremmel, the rod can be made out of a coat hanger if you must but rainman229 will make you one cheap, with all the work i would suggest a kit, or talk to jay8541 and see when his kits are coming out, they are rumored to be cheaper than the agd kits. most pump mags retail at 500 plus, with the creme of the crop at 700 plus..there is a reason they cost so much, they arent easy to make and parts are hard to come by.

StygShore
04-11-2007, 09:05 PM
and they only get 12-15 shots on a 12g

Styg

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
04-12-2007, 12:17 AM
But you only need one hit on someone :ninja:

Rudz
04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
and they only get 12-15 shots on a 12g

Styg

( Enter RRfireblade bragging that his gets 30-40 )

yeah styg u behave,just cuz he doesnt have ur xmag anymore, now u start mouthing off..but then again he will get a chance to mod mine..sometime.. :cry:

StygShore
04-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm just suprised my prediction didnt come true :)

I have an idea of how he is dong the mod to the valve, but no real reason to try to do it myself... so when you get yours back, let me know if I was right.

Styg

autococker04
04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
allright, i found a rail and body, i figured that it would be too much work without the correct tools, im still a bit in the dark as to how im going to attach my ccm pump kit.
what i was thinking was that because no air has to go though the front foregrip area/ rail, i could figure a way to take the vert adapter, adn then fill it with aluminum ( i may be able to gain access to a furnace) then drill and thread it for the pump kit.
dose any one see any major flaws with this plan?