PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new. and I have questions.

Wolf7
04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Hey Guys, I am new here, mostly because I am looking towards an automag classic. I dont know if I want the Pro Classic, or the automag classic, or if they are exactly the same. I can buy online, most likely from AGD. I have like 310 dollars to spend, but am hoping not to spend that much. I am wondering if it can run on CO2 and what are some good upgrades? also, I heard it chops a lot, without the level 10, but that seems to cost a lot. I also heard it is inaccurate (pbreview) and loud (same) and even back heavy (same still :rofl: )

So please help me out!

p.s.: I like these emoticons. :shooting: :spit_take :clap:

surfbum
04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
my one advice if you are looking for a classic mag is to buy it used

here on the B/S/T section is a great place to find a classic mag for MUCH under your $300 limit, and GET the lvl 10, its awesome

good luck and welcome to AO

Wolf7
04-11-2007, 08:18 PM
ok, I will go look right now, want to give me some help about the guns? like answer my questions?

geekwarrior
04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
there as accurate as any gun, accuracy comes from paint to barrel match. the barrel also makes a difference on loudness, I don't consider the automag to be loud.. As for back heavy, they're not real back heavy, depends on the rest of your setup(tank hopper, drop). If your so concerned about back heavy, get the xvalve....course than you will only be able to run compressed air.

Wolf7
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM
can I run it on CO2 effectivley?

Rudz
04-11-2007, 08:42 PM
can I run it on CO2 effectivley?

a classic valve can run co2, but you need an expansion chamberm or stabalizer, helps for higher rates of fire.

Wolf7
04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
hmm...its needed for high rates of fire? Could I just run it on remote until I get a HPA tank?

viper-mayhem
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
A remote will pretty much run the same way as an expansion chamber but you run less risk of getting C02 into your marker. It is a better setup but some do not like running a line from your back to the marker. It has a tendency to get caught on branches and bushes.

Wolf7
04-12-2007, 06:03 AM
yea, I know, and I have tried it, so I do like it, and I wont always run remote when I get my HPA. this should be all the help I need for now.

Wolf7
04-12-2007, 06:17 AM
ok new thought! okay, could I just buy the pro classic, then just buy HPA then and there? Like I would buy the pro classic new, then go local and buy my HPA from a friend, is that all I would need? (for now :) ) and then come back later this year for things like the level 10?
What kinda paint should I use?
what are other good upgrades?

TippmannGuy
04-12-2007, 08:32 AM
If your a real shopper you could probably get a nice used setup for the $300 budget. And HPA is definately much better than running the CO2. Be sure the HPA tank is a high pressure output being the mags won't work correctly on a LP output tank.

The level 10 is very much worth every $. When setup correctly elimatating chops is so sweet.

From my experience Mags will shoot most paint very well the bore size of your barrel has the biggest impact. I've run a .692 boomstick and about 99% of the paint I shot fit well enough to shoot straight.

My advice is to look for a package and save a little more $ the $300 is enough to get a Mag and Hpa. But if you save a little more $ the amount of choices only goes up. And if your patient you'll find what your looking for.... then its just a matter of affording it.

Wolf7
04-12-2007, 03:59 PM
can I buy mags in california?

Wolf7
04-12-2007, 04:36 PM
southern, las angeles area, or minnesota. minneapolis area.

BigTrucker
04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey try Ebay, I just got a Mag 68 with a leval 10 blot for 175. People are always selling good Mags and mag parts on Ebay. I have had my Mag sence 1994 all i am doing it putting small upgrades in over time. Love this marker. I was a bit mad, after being out of the paintball game for 5 years I went to my local paintball store where i bought the marker in 1994. They told methat they nolonger carried Mags. they went as far as to tell me that AGD was no longer :mad: They LIED!!!! I POO POO on them