PDA

View Full Version : i need my x-valve to be faster

spiked_bad_monkey
04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
hey, does anyone know how to make my x-valve faster? i've got a ult & y-grip on it & i can only get it to run maby 13-15 bps & i've been tweakin the crap out of it but i cant get it to shoot ropes like i've seen others do, plus i can walk it sometimes & sometimes it acts like it's trying to recharge or something & i cant get to rip like i can my 98c w/rt, any advice would be appreciated but i'm not looking to do any major tinkering
thanks

captian pinky
04-12-2007, 12:58 PM
well i would get a regular on/off break the orings in and then shave it alil but idk thats just me

momentumrising
04-12-2007, 01:33 PM
depends on a couple of things, among these I am wondering:
A. how old is the valve and has it had a new parts kit installed? (o-rings, etc etc)
B. Have you tried adding/removing the shims in the ULT?

These two factors may drastically change the performance in your favor.
Just out of curiosity, are you using the xvalve on a mech? it sounds like it. Maybe some time/money will be needed to get this valve onto a better system like an xmag, hypermag, devilmag, or pneumag. Then you'll really be able to watch it fly

captian pinky
04-12-2007, 01:40 PM
he didnt say he wanted it electro he just said faster so in theory he either needs to add more shims or crank input pressure up or switch to stock on/off and a shorter pin

stonersr26
04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
The easiest way to go without a lot of headache is to get a very high output pressure adjustable tank, I am partial to the Dynaflow myself, have the ULT, and start tuning it until you get a gun that rips. You just need to watch for crazy bounce as it turns of most people :D . Each mag is different, but I set up a RT Pro for a friend and I could consistently hit 15 true bps over a chrony and with a PAC. I always told him he was stupid for selling it but hey, that was his problem.

Bottom line, don't throw your screw on tank on there and expect to be able to achieve what other people are when they are using highly tuned mags with an adjustable tank.

spiked_bad_monkey
04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
thanks for the input guys, i've got alot of shims in the ult, almost too many to fit in the valve, yes it is a mech, & i found that adjusting the sear all the way out makes it continually run so i adjusted it down to where the trigger just barely touches it, now it will sometimes bounce & other times it starts leaking a little bit the pops, i'm thinking it may be either my carrier or the white lvl10 washer, it is kind of an older valve, well thats the way it looks due to the "x" is almost worn off, i'll probably look into setting it up for a pnumag one of these days but thats gonna take a while, right now i just need it to fast & reliable
thanks again, your input is appreciated :cheers:

Loguzzzzzz
04-14-2007, 09:47 AM
You should have never messed with the sear length. That is set and should be left alone.

The only real way to make an X valve faster is to put higher pressure in it. You should either have a Crossfire HP reg (pre-set) these run about 850psi and are among the best in recharge rate. The other option is to go with an adjustable regulator. If you are looking for real speed you will need to be in the 1000 to1200 psi range. This is where the 20 bps plus mags you see are at. Dynaflow, Maxflow and Flatline are some options, there are a few others as well.

I use a Flatline and Maxfow but have heard very good reports on the Dynaflow.

There is where you really need to go!

Just my $0.02