PDA

View Full Version : Buying an RT....

warwick6
04-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi. I started playing ball back in the days of the Nelspot...stopped playing several years ago after I had to head over seas. I'm back now and would like to get into the game again. I've had lots of different markers in the past, but my favorites were my Shocker and more importantly, my minimag. A friend of mine has several markers and has offered to give me an RT chassis to build on....tell me what you think:

Powerfeed Body
Intelliframe
Level 10
AGD RT Valve
RT site rail
RT fore grip
RT pin/sear

I've seen the thing, it's in immaculate shape. He wants $240 for it. Sounds like a good deal to me....but I haven't bought anything in 5 years :tard: I know I'll need more stuff for it....barrels, air system, etc. Not concerned about that, I was already used to playing with nitro 90% of the time anyway. What do you guys think? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

punkncat
04-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Fair deal for that, and easily built on.

Get an adjustable air and a ULE body it will be ready to go.

Tao
04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi. I started playing ball back in the days of the Nelspot...stopped playing several years ago after I had to head over seas. I'm back now and would like to get into the game again. I've had lots of different markers in the past, but my favorites were my Shocker and more importantly, my minimag. A friend of mine has several markers and has offered to give me an RT chassis to build on....tell me what you think:

Powerfeed Body
Intelliframe
Level 10
AGD RT Valve
RT site rail
RT fore grip
RT pin/sear

I've seen the thing, it's in immaculate shape. He wants $240 for it. Sounds like a good deal to me....but I haven't bought anything in 5 years :tard: I know I'll need more stuff for it....barrels, air system, etc. Not concerned about that, I was already used to playing with nitro 90% of the time anyway. What do you guys think? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Is it a classic RT or a PRO? To help put things in perspective a stock RT Classic (no level 10, no I frame just carbon fibre grip) goes for about $100-200. I just got a Z grip RT (no level 10 for $260. A z grip is slightly more than an intelli frame, but the level 10 more than makes up for it. What you are getting is worth at least $300 so you are getting a good deal. :)

Kyle.Kimber
04-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Fair deal for that, and easily built on.

Get an adjustable air and a ULE body it will be ready to go.

You can't put a ULE body on a rt valve, silly.

Russ
04-14-2007, 09:42 AM
$240 sounds like a fair enough deal :)

You can't put a ULE body on a rt valve, silly.

orly?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/RussBert/Paintball/Mags4-1-7017.jpg

warwick6
04-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Ahhh....cool! So that means I could put on a ULE and be able to use cocker threaded barrels?

shorty24
04-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Depends on if it's a classic RT or an RT Pro. The classic RT's had a shroud on the rear of the body that covered part of the valve. In order to accomplish this, the valve itself was smaller in diameter, and won't fit on other setups.

Also, the classic RT valves had no HP input on the side like you would normally find, the gas came through the thumbscrew (sort of a banjo bolt setup), and your gas input was in one of six holes tapped in the rail.

Kyle.Kimber
04-14-2007, 12:00 PM

orly?

I meant classic rt valve.

Tao
04-14-2007, 12:13 PM

orly?

That isn't an RT valve that is a Retro valve. Strictly speaking that isn't even an RT since it has a classic rail (and sear)

shorty24
04-14-2007, 12:15 PM
RT Pro and Retro Valve are exactly the same thing...