PDA

View Full Version : Warp feed.. pros and cons.?

RetroMagMan
04-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Looking at getting warp feed. no nothing about them. never used one. I just want my gun more compact. THoughts and ideas wanted. Is it worth the money.. Does it work good? Thanks.

Tao
04-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Looking at getting warp feed. no nothing about them. never used one. I just want my gun more compact. THoughts and ideas wanted. Is it worth the money.. Does it work good? Thanks.

The biggest Con which people give (which I can't understand at all) is that it wiegths too much. It will add another pound to your gun. I have used a warp for the past 2 years or so and it doesn't bother me.
There are also some other minor issues: You retty much have to shoot through a break durring a game since there will always be a ball in the breach making it hard to sqeegee.
Pros: a stock warp will feed faster than a stock Halo. Some may dispute this, but I have seen this with my own experience. If you make yourself a 12volt mod for it it will feed faster than anything except a pulse, a halo with another $200 of aftermarket parts, or a Q loader.

warp vs Q loader: The Q loader feeds faster hands down. The warp feeds fast enough and keeps more ammo. Unless you are thinking of doing some full auto shinanigans, the warp is all you need and more in semiauto. I have never missed a feed with my warp except if the bateries were really low or I forgot to turn on the hopper to feed the warp. I have never had a ball break in the warp either.

I definetly recomend the warp. I have watch so many balls fly by when they would have hit the hopped :clap:
If you get one I recomend getting a 12 volt batery for it. You can also make your own by taking 8 AAAs and conecting them in series. I recomend NiMH (Nickle metal hydride), or lithium (expensiive) bateries so you can recharge them before each outing wether they are dead or not. What I use or the energy E2 rechargable AAA. They have rechargable 9vs too, but they are kinda weak for the warp (but I use two to power the egg on the back :) )

FiXeL
04-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I've been playing with a warp feed for a while (about 6 months) and i really like the system. But, with my xmag i cannot seem to get the ACE working with it right, and in mech mode the vibration sensor doesnt always resppond to the gun firing. I have it wired with a cable, so it does work when i use the marker in e-mode, but for woods i don't want to use that mode all of the time. And occasionally it chops a ball due to misfeeding the marker (i am using a 11V rechargable battery, so i got plenty of juice)

It is a great system if you want a small profile when coming out of a bunker, and it rules when playing windows in buildings. But there are also some cons to the system, and because of that i will try to play a while without:

- Adds weight
- Needs a separate battery
- Vibration sensor needs to be tuned, especially when using it without cable
- Cannot use the ACE of my Xmag (maybe i could with some tinkerning, but i'm just to lazy to do that)
- You get hit on the head more since there is no hopper on top to block incoming balls.

Other than that it is a great system, but not for everybody. I once got hit on the top of the head so bad i was seeing stars...

Russ
04-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Cons,

It's heavy. My Warp'd Emag weighed almost 11 lbs!
It takes some effort to set up properly, and they're a bit tempermental
more batteries!
If you break paint in it, you need a lot of time & effort to clean it

Pros: a stock warp will feed faster than a stock Halo....

show me the data to prove that claim!

Tao
04-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Cons,

It's heavy. My Warp'd Emag weighed almost 11 lbs!
It takes some effort to set up properly, and they're a bit tempermental
more batteries!
If you break paint in it, you need a lot of time & effort to clean it

show me the data to prove that claim!

No data just my experience and word on it. My experience is simply put:

Stock halo with emag in hybrid mode: doesn't feed every shot so level 10 will go off.

9v warp with emag in hybrid mode: never had a blank shot (except for low batteries).

I could test feed rates and stuff all day, but the bottom line is what your experience is using it. the halo wasn't mine so maybe it way that particular halo, but my friends haven't had much satisfaction with a stock halo either(different ones). Don't get me wrong they are still decent loaders and feed 90%+ of the time, but our satisfaction with it is obviously poor going from the warp which has feed %100 of the time.

Tao
04-13-2007, 04:22 PM
I've been playing with a warp feed for a while (about 6 months) and i really like the system. But, with my xmag i cannot seem to get the ACE working with it right, and in mech mode the vibration sensor doesnt always resppond to the gun firing. I have it wired with a cable, so it does work when i use the marker in e-mode, but for woods i don't want to use that mode all of the time. And occasionally it chops a ball due to misfeeding the marker (i am using a 11V rechargable battery, so i got plenty of juice)

It is a great system if you want a small profile when coming out of a bunker, and it rules when playing windows in buildings. But there are also some cons to the system, and because of that i will try to play a while without:

- Adds weight
- Needs a separate battery
- Vibration sensor needs to be tuned, especially when using it without cable
- Cannot use the ACE of my Xmag (maybe i could with some tinkerning, but i'm just to lazy to do that)
- You get hit on the head more since there is no hopper on top to block incoming balls.

Other than that it is a great system, but not for everybody. I once got hit on the top of the head so bad i was seeing stars...

lol the point about getting hit on the head is damn funny, but it is true! :rofl: At least for me it only has happened once or twice though. I wear a cotton hood which helps :)

Just to clarify the warp has no effect on the ACE, the ACE is just very touchy. :bounce:

For vibration sensor some people have had problems, but it becomes WAY more sensitive the higher the voltage from its power source. AT 12 volts it took some tunning just to have it NOT spin all of the time. If you go to 10 volts you should have fantastic feed rates and no problems with the sensor :dance:

braaatz
04-14-2007, 06:01 PM
If you go with the warp get a warp bracket from luke.
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0002.htm
Its very comfortable and puts the weight back towards the tank.
When shouldered I barely notice the weight.

Also ive been using the same warp since 2001 and have only
had to replace the belt, and batteries of course.