PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 on Classic Valve. Bolt doesn't touch bumper.

robnix
04-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Bought a cheap classic valve with a level 10. It leaks out the front and the bolt won't go all the way back. If I take the spacer out, it's fine, and touches the bumper, If I leave the spacer in, there's about a 1/8 inch gap between the bolt and the spacer.

Tunaman
04-13-2007, 05:31 PM
are you sure there is only one oring down in the powertube? Make sure the powertube tip isnt mangled...let me know.

robnix
04-13-2007, 06:09 PM
are you sure there is only one oring down in the powertube? Make sure the powertube tip isnt mangled...let me know.

Everything looks fine, I'm going to try the bolt on one of my xvalves later. I going to see a buddy of mine that has a classic tomorrow and will grab a level 7 spacer to test out a level 7 bolt that I have with it.

Russ
04-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Bought a cheap classic valve with a level 10. It leaks out the front and the bolt won't go all the way back. If I take the spacer out, it's fine, and touches the bumper, If I leave the spacer in, there's about a 1/8 inch gap between the bolt and the spacer.

What "spacer" do you speak of?

There should be a delrin washer, a (sized) O ring carrier (with a power tube O ring in it) shims, then the LX power tube tip screwed into the valve's power tube.

robnix
04-13-2007, 07:00 PM
What "spacer" do you speak of?

There should be a delrin washer, a (sized) O ring carrier (with a power tube O ring in it) shims, then the LX power tube tip screwed into the valve's power tube.

I mean the delrin washer. It's assembled exactly like you state, no shims though.

Tunaman
04-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Make sure the L10 bolt stem isn't coming out.

robnix
04-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Make sure the L10 bolt stem isn't coming out.

It's definitely something with the valve. I put the bolt on the X Valve from my emag and it fits fine, the bolt from the Emag has the same issue on when I put it on the classic.

FinchMan
04-14-2007, 03:39 PM
rental valve?

robnix
04-14-2007, 03:42 PM
rental valve?

Don't know. The person I bought it from polished it, there's no markings.

Russ
04-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Don't know. The person I bought it from polished it, there's no markings.

Hmmm, that's a bad sign. There's no knowing WHAT's been done with that thing!

Coralis
04-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Take all the Orings , spacers/carriers out of the power tube and then put the level 10 in and see if it will go all the way in or if it bottoms out , if it bottoms out it is either and old level 6 valve or a rental valve and will not take a level 10 unless it is drilled out ( i had the same problem ended up getting a valve off ebay for 50 bucks and sold my rental valve for 25 ) I always wondered if you cut of part of the xvalve so that it wouldnt bottom out but was too chicken to try .