PDA

View Full Version : xvalve are they worth it

Raligh
04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
hiya this is my first post (not a real big forums guy) but i realy have a question thats drivein me crazy. i just broke out my 10 year old mag and decided to start paintballin again after my 15 year old nephew came over will this shinney electric fusion marker. So being a competative kinda guy i figured i'd bust out the mag and whoop on him a bit, but my old mag just doesn't have the oomps it used too. I've been checkin around and picked up a few thing i think might even the field a bit. a used revvy off ebay and a compressed air tank. Now i'm thinkin about buyin an x valve. Just want to know if its realy worth it. Whats the xvalve do thats so much different than the standard mag valve? How can it help me generate more firepower? and most importantly how will it help me shove my solid little mag in the face of my cocky nephew and let him know that the old school stuff still rules. Substance over shock and awe Please help!!

Russ
04-13-2007, 09:48 PM
it's "worth it" if you have the disposable income, and you want a snazzy Mag.

captian pinky
04-13-2007, 09:52 PM
does his gun shoot 20+ mech i don't think so

does his gun have eyes maybe but u dont need a battery

does his break ya does urs no

shoot throw it off a cliff its pretty safe to say if its a short cliff the mag will work

Raligh
04-13-2007, 09:54 PM
hiya this is my first post (not a real big forums guy) but i realy have a question thats drivein me crazy. i just broke out my 10 year old mag and decided to start paintballin again after my 15 year old nephew came over will this shinney electric fusion marker. So being a competative kinda guy i figured i'd bust out the mag and whoop on him a bit, but my old mag just doesn't have the oomps it used too. I've been checkin around and picked up a few thing i think might even the field a bit. a used revvy off ebay and a compressed air tank. Now i'm thinkin about buyin an x valve. Just want to know if its realy worth it. Whats the xvalve do thats so much different than the standard mag valve? How can it help me generate more firepower? and most importantly how will it help me shove my solid little mag in the face of my cocky nephew and let him know that the old school stuff still rules. Substance over shock and awe Please help!!
so i shold just get the lev 10 and skip the xvalve

Russ
04-13-2007, 10:03 PM
so i shold just get the lev 10 and skip the xvalve

are you chopping a lot of paint?

Raligh
04-13-2007, 10:10 PM
are you chopping a lot of paint?
not realy just wanted to move into the new millenium :rolleyes: to be totaly honest i've been gearing up to go play at the local field. went in and had it serviced. All the younger guys snickered at the rose wood grips. and the remote tip screwed into the bottomline. Just wanted to feel good about my stuf again.
Told me man that things so old its made outa wood (lots of laughing and stuf)

Russ
04-13-2007, 10:26 PM
For the cost of a new X Valve, you can get a nice Ion!

the $250 upgraded Ion's (http://www.ansgear.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=308)

Raligh
04-13-2007, 10:31 PM
na man. thats what stinks. the elictric shiney stuf. I wana sleeper you know. Looks all stock but rains paint like crazy :headbang: its like puttin a vette motor in ur volkswagen hehe

Kyle.Kimber
04-13-2007, 10:37 PM
By any chance do you live in Raliegh NC?

Your classic valve should be alright. Can you put a ULT on a classic?

mag_lover05
04-13-2007, 10:58 PM
why dont you just show him that your experience as an old player with an accurate slower gun is worth more...

i prefer classic valves because nothing ever goes rong with them...i dont remember who said it on here or in wich thread but this was said and i agreee 100%

"classic valves last forever, xvalves last just one step short of forever"

HOWEVER, if you have the income, go ahead, you wont regret seeing your mag shoot quick!

Tao
04-14-2007, 12:31 AM
na man. thats what stinks. the elictric shiney stuf. I wana sleeper you know. Looks all stock but rains paint like crazy :headbang: its like puttin a vette motor in ur volkswagen hehe

An x valve and ULT is your way to go. It will cost you about $300.

Tao
04-14-2007, 12:32 AM
By any chance do you live in Raliegh NC?

Your classic valve should be alright. Can you put a ULT on a classic?

Yeah it is not suppsed to work well though. it either short strokes or gets shoot down.

Actually I will test it. I am getting a ULT for my RT and while I am getting the vavle drilled out I will try it in my classic mag.

lazebum
04-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Yeah it is not suppsed to work well though. it either short strokes or gets shoot down.

Actually I will test it. I am getting a ULT for my RT and while I am getting the vavle drilled out I will try it in my classic mag.

if you got a retro with lvl10 will the ult fit?

Tao
04-14-2007, 03:50 AM
if you got a retro with lvl10 will the ult fit?

It depends. It needs the double O ring under the on/off assembly (not part of the assembly but what the assembly sits on). The orriginal RT along with the early retros only had a single oring (newer retros have double); these need to be drilled out so they can take the double/fit a ULT.

Russ
04-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Please help!!

In my opinion, a person is far better off to buy a complete gun, x-valve included, for arounf the $500 mark, than to go the route of just replacing a component here & there.

Chaper in the long run, and ready to rock, right away

Look at this piece fpr 5 beans (http://www.themagsmith.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=5)

Tao
04-14-2007, 12:26 PM
In my opinion, a person is far better off to buy a complete gun, x-valve included, for arounf the $500 mark, than to go the route of just replacing a component here & there.

Chaper in the long run, and ready to rock, right away

Look at this piece fpr 5 beans (http://www.themagsmith.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=5)

Its cheaper if you want a backup gun. If you want to buy a whole new gun I would go used. Prices sink like a stone compared to new...
If you want a "sleeper" I would keep that mag of yours which probably looks kinda ugly since it has probably seen a few days (mine does :rofl: ) put an x valve and a ULT. The ULT is the best bang to make your gun a sleeper (but you will prety much need an x valve to use it) ;)

Russ
04-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Its cheaper if you want a backup gun.

???

read the first post

Pneumagger
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM

Well, upgradeing a mech mag to compete on a "level playing feld" involves more money than just buying an electro.
But you say you want a mech gun... How Handy are you?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/th_pneumag.jpg (http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/?action=view&current=pneumag.flv)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhvzeEZceZ8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhvzeEZceZ8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

AirAssault
04-14-2007, 02:18 PM

Your mag classic is just fine. Put an inteli on it and you will have no problems. that can be picked up used for about $70. Don't worry about what the punks down at your shop have to say. Mommy and daddy bought them the newest marker, so what. I walk onto the field with my mags, and have just as much fun, even more when I get one of em out with my "old" paint ball marker. Just for fun I built an ego framed mag, its gonna be fun bunkering them with that. Have fun playing is what I like to say. No matter what your marking with, stingray, spyder, or a $1200 angel.

TrracerAce
04-14-2007, 03:43 PM
For the cost of a new X Valve, you can get a nice Ion!

the $250 upgraded Ion's (http://www.ansgear.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=308)

:cuss: BAD!

Tao
04-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Well, upgradeing a mech mag to compete on a "level playing feld" involves more money than just buying an electro.
But you say you want a mech gun... How Handy are you?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/th_pneumag.jpg (http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/?action=view&current=pneumag.flv)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhvzeEZceZ8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhvzeEZceZ8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Is that second vid full auto or RT bounce? Not enough frames to see the finger movement.

Tao
04-14-2007, 05:00 PM
???

read the first post

Well why we he buy a WHOLE new gun then?

viper-mayhem
04-14-2007, 05:37 PM
That's a good way to put it. It sounds like you want to keep with the Ol'SKOOL and to beat your newphew. If you can add a double trigger and a drill your valve out to put a ULT, you will be set. Also, practice snap shooting. The way to beat the fast gun is with timing. Time his shots going out of the bunker, and you will "dot his eye".

punkncat
04-14-2007, 06:01 PM
... Now i'm thinkin about buyin an x valve. Just want to know if its realy worth it. Whats the xvalve do thats so much different than the standard mag valve? How can it help me generate more firepower? .... Please help!!

As far as weight loss in concerned it is the lightest valve available. The RTP/Emag valves are just as fast, just weight more. IF you are looking to use the RT on/off and don't mind a few extra ounces, the RT valve is the way to go. Much cheaper.

Vs the classic valve what you gain, especially using the RT on/off is a push back on the trigger. When you learn how to pull it just so you get a "full auto" effect from the induced trigger bounce. This effect is greatly increased with a higher input pressure to the valve, thus why many RT users have an adjustable tank.
The RT valve or an Xvalve set up like that will not be tourney, and in some cases even field legal.

commrad
04-14-2007, 06:26 PM
I broke down and went X because everyone was laughing at me (being old) as well as my MAG, right now I'm running a classic body, X valve with lvl 10, never chopped a ball, an OLD Sp all american barrel, ULT and a hyper frame with a T board. The first day out every one was laughing at my remote nipple on the bottom line, I just smiled at all their insults.
No one checked my gun they just laughed and let me on the field, no one wanted to play with me after the first game, one guy even got mad and went home because he couldn't get his ION over 25 bps.

Since every one was mad at me by the end of the game I threw the stock single trigger back on and the on/off that came with the X valve, they were still crying because my mechanical gun was shooting faster and more accurately than all their new shinny stuff.

by the end of the day I was asked not to come back with out my hyper frame and a 15 bps lock which I have no problem with but NO ONE at the field laughs at me and if some one new comes and starts, the regulars let em no really fast that they don't need to start because the owner has a new found respect for mags and has no problem forgetting to check my gun before I take the field if some one is heckling me about it.

Just my opinion, X valve or bust, oh yeah, I all most forgot, it's a LOT lighter than the classic or Retro valve.

It's fast, it's easy and it's fun (took my girl friend who is new to PB about 5 seconds to have it shooting around 15 bps, I'm thinking of getting rid of both my e triggers and getting her one for her Mag, she liked it better than the e trigger)

Raligh
04-14-2007, 07:29 PM
thx for all the input. Think i'm gonna go for the xvalve first then the trigger as soon as the budget recovers. I realy think i'm gonna leave the clasic body and the aci subzero expantion chamber on it. Probably keep the barrel too aci zero grav. and change the other stuf as budget allows. (valve and trigger frame) :clap:

Pneumagger
04-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Is that second vid full auto or RT bounce? Not enough frames to see the finger movement.

No bounce or full auto. Its straight semi. Unfortunately, pneumags don't have the RT effect.
And when setup for full auto, it's generally uncontrolled ROF and too fast to be practical.

Tao
04-14-2007, 09:52 PM
No bounce or full auto. Its straight semi. Unfortunately, pneumags don't have the RT effect.
And when setup for full auto, it's generally uncontrolled ROF and too fast to be practical.

I see impressive rate of fire it was just hard to see how your fingers were moving because of the frame rate. Maybe one of these days I might turn my RT with Z grip into one... First I will have to dig up the thread on how they work, then how to install, mill out the z grip......maybe a good project when I have kids :P

Well to tie this back into the thread, a pneumag built out of an old classic would be a great sleeper :rofl: In fact maybe thats what I will do with my classic and just ULT the RT :bounce:

paintballpunk435
04-14-2007, 10:15 PM
That's a good way to put it. It sounds like you want to keep with the Ol'SKOOL and to beat your newphew. If you can add a double trigger and a drill your valve out to put a ULT, you will be set. Also, practice snap shooting. The way to beat the fast gun is with timing. Time his shots going out of the bunker, and you will "dot his eye".
i would go w/ a viper blade, i have it on my baby, n i love it! People make fun of my mag, until we're on the field, no marker can shoot 20 fps that isnt electro!!!!!!! haha

craltal
04-15-2007, 11:38 AM
As far as weight loss in concerned it is the lightest valve available. The RTP/Emag valves are just as fast, just weight more. IF you are looking to use the RT on/off and don't mind a few extra ounces, the RT valve is the way to go. Much cheaper.

Vs the classic valve what you gain, especially using the RT on/off is a push back on the trigger. When you learn how to pull it just so you get a "full auto" effect from the induced trigger bounce. This effect is greatly increased with a higher input pressure to the valve, thus why many RT users have an adjustable tank.
The RT valve or an Xvalve set up like that will not be tourney, and in some cases even field legal.

Exactly what I was going to suggest.

An X-valve is just a full aluminum RT valve (half Aluminum/ half steel). you're classic valve is all steel. you can probably find one used for less than an x-valve.

putting an RT on/off assembly in the classic valve will cut the trigger pull about in half and is the cheapest option. As has been eluded to already, a ULT may or may not work in a classic valve.

I'd suggest the RT on/off and a two finger trigger and that'll help you use the existing valve more fully. A classic should be able to do about 13 bps which should be plenty fast for you. Yes an RT style valve can do 30+, but I highly doubt your fingers can move that fast...

Thotograph
04-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I play with a X-Valved RT ule... they are fantastic! I have a classic mag too... the RT has a ult and the way it's tuned (from agd) makes it a nice light trigger with decent rt. It's all black, perfect sleeper very quiet. I can clean it with a hose. It's great! Try doing that with an ion.

A retro valve is just as good, if people call it heavy tell them to grow more muscles. I want to build another one with a retro and warp and set it up to bounce. Mags rule!