PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my R/T

Roadkilled
04-14-2007, 08:18 AM
I have an R/T pro I bought a couple of years ago, after about half a day of gaming the gun started firing incorrectly, the bolt would not go all the way back and I would have to push it back in to be able to fire again. Then it would start sticking and venting air. I remember having to take the gun apart and work on the on/off valve, lube it, swap the bolt springs, and even play with the power tube spacer to get it to fire correctly. Sometimes I remember the gun just going to full auto as soon as I touched the trigger and not stopping, and sometimes it would go autofire and stop once I let go of the trigger. Either way it was really annoying as I constantly had to go get air tanks refilled and the closest place to do it cheeply is the gun store in the town next door, a good 15 min drive away.
Well, I have a game comming up now within the month and I would like to get back into paintball. I recently cleaned it, lubed it, and tested it and what it is doing now is going fully auto every time I hit the trigger, but stopping once I release. It's been a year or 2 since I last used my gun and I don't remember exactly what I did to fix it. I contacted AGD in Wheeling to see if I can have it calibrated by them so I know its professionaly done and will work, but they said it could be 3 weeks before they could send it back, which means I won't have the gun ready.
Any help on how to fix it so I am not just "shooting in the dark" swapping on/off rings and power tube spacers untill it works and running back and forth to refill the tank so I can have it working in time?
Thanks

Russ
04-14-2007, 08:37 AM
How long is the on/off pin? (do you have calipers to measure it?)

How is the condition of the sear *the tip that contacts the bolt) and the bolt (the area that contacts the sear)

Does the trigger rod have some clearance from the back of the trigger when the gun is gassed up? (the trigger rod may have loosened, can you measure it?)

You could also cantact Tunaman, and see if he could get to your gun sooner.

Tunaman (http://www.tunamart.com/)

Roadkilled
04-14-2007, 10:03 AM
the on/off pin is roughly 20mm long or .738 of an inch

I gassed it up and there is a small amount of space between the trigger pin and the trigger, allowing a small amount of movement.

I am not sure on the condition of the sear because I am not sure what the sear is. I have been checking http://www.airgun.com/downloads/retroexploded1.pdf to verify part names.

As far as Tunaman goes, where are they based? The only way to contact them from what I saw was email and found nothing on if they do work themselves, where are they located and what do they charge? Is there a support branch that I missed in the website?
Thanks

Also, I just noticed that the pdf shows a small o-ring inbetween the on/off top and bottom brass parts, I seem to be missing this, allowing the top to move up and down freely once assembled. Could this be the problem? :tard:

Russ
04-14-2007, 10:33 AM
20mm is .787"

.738 should be fine, though. At the AGD website there is troubleshooting info available. I suggest you have a look around there.

AGD Tech Support (http://www.airgun.com/Techinfo.shtml)

Tunaman is the resident AGD Guru. Top notch Dude. He posts here all the time (and was online when I made my first reply) You could always try & PM him.

pierce
04-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Sure that missing o-ring could be the problem.