PDA

View Full Version : Where to send mainbody for powedercoating (Mass)

SenorMcNasty28
04-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey everybody i'm not new to paintball by any means, but am new to AGD and this forum. I recently purchased a brand new minimag off ebay. It's the standard gray mainbody with a hopper right power feedneck. I've been collecting the usual upgrades, (ie level 10, 14 inch boomstick, reg, ect.) and realized i would prefer the gun in black. I was thinking about painting it myself but i'm not sure if this is a good idea. My next thought was powdercoating because i've heard its more durable. If anyone knows of any good powdershop places that will do my mainbody (hopefully around Mass where I live) i'd really appreciate the info. Also, if anyone has any techniques for painting a minimag mainbody yourself, that would also be great.
Thanks,
Eric

robnix
04-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey everybody i'm not new to paintball by any means, but am new to AGD and this forum. I recently purchased a brand new minimag off ebay. It's the standard gray mainbody with a hopper right power feedneck. I've been collecting the usual upgrades, (ie level 10, 14 inch boomstick, reg, ect.) and realized i would prefer the gun in black. I was thinking about painting it myself but i'm not sure if this is a good idea. My next thought was powdercoating because i've heard its more durable. If anyone knows of any good powdershop places that will do my mainbody (hopefully around Mass where I live) i'd really appreciate the info. Also, if anyone has any techniques for painting a minimag mainbody yourself, that would also be great.
Thanks,
Eric

http://www.lukescustoms.com

Luke does a great job, and knows how to powdercoat a body properly so the tolerances aren't screwed up.

SenorMcNasty28
04-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Cool, his work looks pretty good. I think ill send him an email.
Thanks,
Eric

FARMER00
04-14-2007, 03:10 PM
dont mean to steal a thread but what exactly is powercoating? i dont really get how it works

SenorMcNasty28
04-14-2007, 05:52 PM
My understanding is that it's basically just a way to paint things by spraying a dry powder on it and then cooking the paint which creates a harder thicker finish. Theres a little more to it than that though, I believe.