View Full Version : J&J Ceramic vs. Smart Parts Progressive

Dealaman
01-05-2002, 02:33 PM
Which is a better barrel?

Smart Parts Progressive?

J&J Ceramic?

SoupRman
01-05-2002, 02:51 PM
i voted J&J. it's quiet, pretty accurate, and this thing is slick. have had breaks, but after like 3-5 shots and its back again. (if i can remember right, i havent played in like a month)

anthraxxx
01-05-2002, 09:05 PM
I have a J&J for my mag right now. It seems to be working alright. Last week when I played they balls were flying in all different directions out of the barrel but it seemed to resolve itself after a good rinse through with water and squeegying. It is quiet. I have only used a tear drop on a spyder before and it worked out really well I can't comment on how they are for mags though so I will not vote, just offer my annecdotal experience though.

paintbattler
01-05-2002, 09:21 PM
i have a tear drop on my mag it is very accurate but when u break a ball, u need to clean it cuz it is not that good, but i have the old style tear drop so i dunno if the have changed it

HoppysMag
01-05-2002, 09:33 PM
i have a progressive and it breaks balls like no tommorow. Especialy with wire nubbins. and it reguires lots of cleaning

jobo_18
01-16-2002, 11:59 AM
J&J, i have one for my mag and i've shot my bro's spyder w, a sp progressive and i like the ceramic more. it's quite, accurate, shoots clean, inexpensive but not junk. ui've heard that you can acutally break the ceramic though. i'd still say go with it though, i got mine for 40 at cousins paintball in medford, it was an overstock they had. great deal.

spacemanspiff
01-16-2002, 05:30 PM
I shoot the J&J on my mag and it is quiet and accurate. I also have an all american and I think it sucks. I get a better shot out of the J&J. I just got the 2 piece J&J but haven't got to shoot it yet. I'm expectin it to shoot as good if not better then the ceramic.

anthraxxx
01-16-2002, 08:06 PM
has anyone shot the tear drop from their mag? I am thinking about getting one of those as I used one for my spyder (pre-mag days) and thought that it was a very good barrel.

Puddleglum
05-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Personaly I would go with a J&J two piece barrel. They come with different lenght tips and are just really nice. Well made, and you can shoot through a break in three shots. Very very accurate.

vlhockey22
05-12-2002, 01:45 PM
Ive got a progressive. Im not very impressed with it though, I just got a custom products barrel hopefully it will get here soon. :D

TransMan
05-12-2002, 08:30 PM
ceramic