PDA

View Full Version : Microline go BOOM!!!!!!

dropzone
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Well I finally got ahold of a 2nd generation hp maxflo and a new tank for my rt/ule. I have always made it a #1 hard fast rule not to mess around with my hpa tanks and regs so I was a bit uneasy when it came to getting it filled for the first time.

I got the maxflo off of ebay and the seller had it listed as new in the box. NOT!!! It was however in extremely good condition and only slight telltale signs that it had at least been mounted on a bottle at some point in time. This made me even more uneasy about getting that first fill. :confused: It seemed to be easy enough getting it all set up on the mag and everything just fell right into place without any modifications. So it was off to the local pb store to get a test fill. After talking with the airsmith for a bit and going over the new set-up he said everything looked fine and had no problems with filling it. He took it into the back room where the fill station is and started to put the juice to it and just as he started to ask me where I picked up the regulator from...........KABOOOOOM!!!! :eek: He came running out of the back room and almost tripped over me because I immediately hit the floor. After gathering ourselves and making sure that we had all of our body parts intact we were like wth happened? I had visions of my beautiful mag and new reg laying in pieces all over the back room floor. Apparently the on off valve on the maxflow had a bad o-ring and even though it was in the off position and allowed enough pressure through to blow up the microline. :rofl:

So while I am waiting for my rebuild kit for my maxflo to arrive in the mail I am looking into alternate materials and routing methods for the airline. Any suggestions?

I don't really want to go with steel braided line, lets face it, its ugly looking. A while back me and one of my teammates was comparing a stainless steel hard line from his phantom to the valve and foregrip fittings on his Tac-1 and they matched up perfectly. I have seen pics of several mags with a hardline from the valve to the top of the foregrip then another hardline that goes from the bottom of the foregrip back to the ASA. Any information as to where I could purchase the line and fittings for this would be greatly appreciated.

dropzone
04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1980/blusmereblkchrxp1.jpg

Something like this is what I have in mind for the air line except it would go directly into my xvalve not the rail like in the pic.

Cow123
04-15-2007, 03:25 PM
You could always get the stainless line shrink wrapped to make it look better.

Tao
04-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Well I finally got ahold of a 2nd generation hp maxflo and a new tank for my rt/ule. I have always made it a #1 hard fast rule not to mess around with my hpa tanks and regs so I was a bit uneasy when it came to getting it filled for the first time.

I got the maxflo off of ebay and the seller had it listed as new in the box. NOT!!! It was however in extremely good condition and only slight telltale signs that it had at least been mounted on a bottle at some point in time. This made me even more uneasy about getting that first fill. :confused: It seemed to be easy enough getting it all set up on the mag and everything just fell right into place without any modifications. So it was off to the local pb store to get a test fill. After talking with the airsmith for a bit and going over the new set-up he said everything looked fine and had no problems with filling it. He took it into the back room where the fill station is and started to put the juice to it and just as he started to ask me where I picked up the regulator from...........KABOOOOOM!!!! :eek: He came running out of the back room and almost tripped over me because I immediately hit the floor. After gathering ourselves and making sure that we had all of our body parts intact we were like wth happened? I had visions of my beautiful mag and new reg laying in pieces all over the back room floor. Apparently the on off valve on the maxflow had a bad o-ring and even though it was in the off position and allowed enough pressure through to blow up the microline. :rofl:

So while I am waiting for my rebuild kit for my maxflo to arrive in the mail I am looking into alternate materials and routing methods for the airline. Any suggestions?

I don't really want to go with steel braided line, lets face it, its ugly looking. A while back me and one of my teammates was comparing a stainless steel hard line from his phantom to the valve and foregrip fittings on his Tac-1 and they matched up perfectly. I have seen pics of several mags with a hardline from the valve to the top of the foregrip then another hardline that goes from the bottom of the foregrip back to the ASA. Any information as to where I could purchase the line and fittings for this would be greatly appreciated.

Well I have to say I like the braided hose. I think it goes well with the look of any mag. Anyway you can go with small copper tubing and solder your own hard line. The copper tubing could be painted or pwder coated. You would need a quick disconect somewhere in that system. Somewhere around here someone has some of the RT steel hardlines for sale. If you had the tools for it you could cut one and use it.

Russ
04-15-2007, 03:42 PM
microline is too small, and too restrictive.

Use macroline. There's a guy in the dealer's forum that sells line & fittings for a fair price

dropzone
04-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks Tao but I just found a link for the shrink tube with the AGD logo on it. :cool:

I had steel braided at one time but it just didnt look right. I have a pewter colored rt ule custom so the stainless kind of threw off the look but with the black shrink tube I think it will look very nice. :)

MANN
04-15-2007, 03:49 PM
I have 1/4 ss and alum(can be annoed) hardline. Pm me, and ill send pics/info.

Tao
04-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks Tao but I just found a link for the shrink tube with the AGD logo on it. :cool:

I had steel braided at one time but it just didnt look right. I have a pewter colored rt ule custom so the stainless kind of threw off the look but with the black shrink tube I think it will look very nice. :)

Ah yes I forgot about that stuff. :)

blake20
04-17-2007, 11:00 AM

What do you mean look really nice. You told me not to worry about looks and worry more about function. I see You just wanted to sell some parts. I'll remember that later!!!!!

dropzone
04-17-2007, 11:15 AM
LOL, thats the advice I give all noobs. When your as good looking as I am you need your equipment to look as nice as it shoots. I have a rep to uphold ;)

By the way shouldn't you be working. :sleeping:

Spider-TW
04-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Apparently the on off valve on the maxflow had a bad o-ring and even though it was in the off position and allowed enough pressure through to blow up the microline. :rofl:

If you popped the micro/macro line, the maxflo probably failed on the output side too. Check your output gauge, it may be wrapped around and busted.

I have been into mine twice (once for the on off) and it took the smarts parts rep two tries to get it working when it started bleeding down occasionally. Apparently the on off valve failure is not uncommon. He had it before and said it happens enough that he uses his reg to shut off the air.

I didn't think about it before, but check the on off plug when you get it out and you may want to use some fine sandpaper on the air hole in the plug to try and keep it from cutting the tiny oring in there.

Skullker
04-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Any information as to where I could purchase the line and fittings for this would be greatly appreciated.

Dropzone,
I can point you to where to find the materials but that is as much as I can help. I'm in the planning stages of my first attempt at doing a similar project.

Check out www.mcmaster.com for the stainless hardline and fittings. I can't link to the exact pages of their catalog but once there, search on the following part numbers and that will take you to the right section.
Seamless stainless 1/4" tubing - 89895K225
1/4" tube x 1/8" thread 90* fitting - 52215K455

Skullker

StygShore
04-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Working pressure for Micro and Macro is what concerns me - I will ALWAYS use stainless braided line or hardline on a mag with a higher adjustable pressure tank ( 1000 psi from my I-reg ) I have had way too many macro fittings fail, and macro lines burst on high pressure output to even mess with it anymore.

Stainless Braided line and the Mag valve could handle a complete regulator failure of 2500-3000 psi direct input... Macro and Macro Fitings would go boom with a quickness in that situation.

Styg

robnix
04-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Working pressure for Micro and Macro is what concerns me - I will ALWAYS use stainless braided line or hardline on a mag with a higher adjustable pressure tank ( 1000 psi from my I-reg ) I have had way too many macro fittings fail, and macro lines burst on high pressure output to even mess with it anymore.

Stainless Braided line and the Mag valve could handle a complete regulator failure of 2500-3000 psi direct input... Macro and Macro Fitings would go boom with a quickness in that situation.

Styg

I had macro go BOOM once. Stainless only for me ever since.

Skullker
04-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I had macro go BOOM once. Stainless only for me ever since.

What size OD/ID stainless do you use?