PDA

View Full Version : lube question

ProblemKinder
04-15-2007, 05:17 PM
so I have this air america tank, with the AA regulator. since I don't have an ON/OFF that I screw my tank into, how should I oil my gun? I'm used to a few drops in the ON/OFF, screw the tank in and dry fire it a bunch. should I put some in the elbow fitting?

craltal
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
or you could always disassemble the gun and oil it that way, but the fitting closest to the valve would be the best

Chronobreak
04-15-2007, 05:50 PM
or you could always disassemble the gun and oil it that way, but the fitting closest to the valve would be the best

yes, you can also take out the valve for oiling of individual parts.

Russ
04-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Frankly I feel any Mag should use an on/off ASA in conjunction with any screw-in tank. You should also have a quick disconnect between the air supply and the valve so you can easily de-pressurize it.

safety & convenience ;)

angrysasquatch
04-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Just make sure you don't put anything in your fill nipple. That never ends well.

Russ
04-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Just make sure you don't put anything in your fill nipple. That never ends well.

+1

VFX_Fenix
04-15-2007, 07:02 PM
I run both my E-Mags with AGD Flatlines and Stainless hose with QD fittings. I just pop the QD off at the valve, put a few drops in the hose, reconnect and gas-up. Quick, easy and I never lose my air systems :)

ProblemKinder
04-15-2007, 10:36 PM
right..but i don't really have the money for a flatline. i actually bought this tank not knowning that it wasn't a screw in tank. i got a on/off thing on the way that the local shop owner says i can use with this tank (he runs a similar setup with a mag)

VFX_Fenix
04-16-2007, 02:47 AM
So, you have a non-screw-in style system. The make and model of your air system doesn't matter so far as how to add oil if you aren't using a standard ASA adapter (read: CA threaded On/Off like CP, Unimount, etc.)

You're tank still needs to be connected to the valve by way of a hose. The hose should be able to be removed from the valve for maintenance purposes. Depending on if you're using Braided Stainless Steel or Macro Line to go to your valve. Just disconnect your air line from the valve, put oil in the line, reconnect, gas-up and dry fire. Personally I'd stay the heck away from Macro-Line, but hey, that's just me. If the stuff can blow on a Shocker receiving 180psi from a Max-Flo I ain't gunna tangle with it at 850+psi.

I personally am not an advocate of tearing the valve down unless its doing something weird just to oil it. If the valve is taken apart anyway, then by all means oil up those o-rings (except in L10) after you clean them off. However for routine lubrication just putting oil in the air line going to the valve is "Good 'nuff".

ProblemKinder
04-16-2007, 05:47 AM
So, you have a non-screw-in style system. The make and model of your air system doesn't matter so far as how to add oil if you aren't using a standard ASA adapter (read: CA threaded On/Off like CP, Unimount, etc.)

You're tank still needs to be connected to the valve by way of a hose. The hose should be able to be removed from the valve for maintenance purposes. Depending on if you're using Braided Stainless Steel or Macro Line to go to your valve. Just disconnect your air line from the valve, put oil in the line, reconnect, gas-up and dry fire. Personally I'd stay the heck away from Macro-Line, but hey, that's just me. If the stuff can blow on a Shocker receiving 180psi from a Max-Flo I ain't gunna tangle with it at 850+psi.

I personally am not an advocate of tearing the valve down unless its doing something weird just to oil it. If the valve is taken apart anyway, then by all means oil up those o-rings (except in L10) after you clean them off. However for routine lubrication just putting oil in the air line going to the valve is "Good 'nuff".

yes, I understand the tank still needs to be connected to my valve. the gun is set up and works just fine. I just don't like not being able to turn my air off. a problem that will be rectified as soon as the on/off comes in the mail.

i've always used macroline with my mag and never had a problem.

i mostly figured i'd just drop some oil in the macroline fitting just like i used to do in the on/off. thanks for the re-assurance guys! :cheers:

Russ
04-16-2007, 03:59 PM
What kind of on/off are you going to use with that AA tank/reg?

Why not get a quick disconnect? The one's AGD sells are the best available, BTW.