PDA

View Full Version : Alias MKX Launcher

surfbum
04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
hey guys,

does anyone own/know somebody that owns of of the Alias MKX launchers? Im interested in building a similar one myself and i really like the design. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the internal workings of the launcher... maybe pics? ;) If anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

biojuggernaut
04-15-2007, 06:37 PM
You might wanna head over to specialopspaintball.com and visit there forum. They have entire threads on launchers and exotics.

surfbum
04-16-2007, 11:33 AM
anyone have one of these?

Lomarandil
04-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I've got one.. but my teammates insisted I couldn't take it apart to see how it works. :mad:

It uses a large quantity of air at around 6-700psi in the chamber right behind the barrel, which is released by a large piston valve triggered by a clippard valve
Lo

surfbum
04-16-2007, 02:44 PM
it says on the website that it runs at about 120-160 psi

are you sure you don't want to take it apart? ;)

SR_matt
04-16-2007, 03:15 PM
they are ok but ive seen much better results from people building their own. if you want some ideas on how to do stuff that works well send me a pm/email (im going to follow suit with my friends and not post stuff up publicly just so i dont have the whole "i did what u said an di hurt my self boo hoo"

-matt

surfbum
04-17-2007, 11:05 AM
hey guys still looking for pics of the internals of the alias MKX if anyone happens to have them

thanks

Bigman
04-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Yeah avoid this, thing is heavily patanted and would be extremely difficult to make. I've taken my apart for cleaning and have no idea to even begin on tell you how it works... You can't even get assembly instructions from the manufacture. All the internals are custom machined aluminum and its some of the best machining I've ever seen, I don't think you;d beable to reverse engineer one. Sorry mate.

SR_matt
04-17-2007, 02:07 PM
dont underestimate the determination and skills of the crazy people whole liek to play with pressure and nerfies :p

but in all honesty there are a few designs out there that have been made by tinkers and only used by them that are much better, i know one of them personaly that has probably one of, if not the, best designs out there right now. it took a lot of money and time but it is great.

-matt