PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City AGD Fix?

dropzone
04-15-2007, 05:51 PM
My Tac one apparently has a power tube leak that I cannot track down. I have a geme this weekend is there anyone in KC or around the country that can fix it if I get it to them tomorrow or overnight it on Monday?

Pigpen
out

Coralis
04-15-2007, 06:32 PM
You probably need to go one smaller size on your level 10 carriers ..

dropzone
04-17-2007, 11:33 AM
That was Pigpen posting on my account. Luckily his Tac-1 is safe here at my house instead of traveling from proshop to proshop while unedumicated ION airsmiths take a simple problem and make it worse. ( A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.) The last airsmith wanted to send it back to AGD because he was sure it was a defect with the X-Valve when in fact its the LV-10 bolt thats the problem. You put air 2 it and the bolt clicks forward a tiny bit and starts leaking down the barrel. Pull the trigger and the bolt clicks back home and it stops leaking. Got the E-Tac lowers put on Sunday night and dropped in the new E-mag on off today. Ill start changing out the carriers in the Lv-10 after I get some more air for it to solve the problem with the leak.

Out of curriosity is it normal to have to change out carriers over time as everything starts getting broken in?

He used it for about a year and put about 15-20 cases of paint through it without so much as having to adjust the velocity. :cool:

olinar
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
first switch to a larger carrier, and if that doesnt work go one spring size smaller. red is the hardest srping so adjust accordingly.

dropzone
04-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Well the first thing I did was to inspect what the mag illiterate airsmiths did to it in the first place.

Carrier was in backwards and the internal o-ring was jammed all the way up inside the bolt and no outer o-ring. :tard:

Kept the same spring (silver one) then swapped out the 1.5 carrier and put in a .5 with one spacer. No leaks, no stick, no chuffs and the bolt impact is feather light. ;)

Think I will give ole Pigpen a call first thing in the morning and tell him the pro-shop was right and his X-valve is trashed. He will love that since he just dropped some serious cash on some E-Tac lowers. :rofl: