PDA

View Full Version : building a walkable mag

Ninjeff
04-15-2007, 11:12 PM
So, i must admit, ive been watching a ton of tourny vids and it got me to wondering....

how can you make a lag walkable? I know three ways.....Xvalve/ ult trigger.......pnuemag.....and putting an electro frame on a mag. Whats the best, cheapest, easiest, and most reliable way to do it? Pros/Cons? Educate me please.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
04-15-2007, 11:29 PM
how can you make a lag walkable?

Get a better internet service provider.

:cheers:

snoopay700
04-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Eh, any of those will be pretty pricy, though i think the pnuemag is the cheapest unless i'm mistaken.

Ninjeff
04-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Get a better internet service provider.

:cheers:

OOooooooooo...you.....you.....!!!!

Is there a "curse you" emote?

CUUUURRRSEEEEE YOUUUUUUUU!!!

GroovYChickeN 2.o
04-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Muahahahahahahahahahahah!

Lenny
04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Spydermags. Don't forget about them!

$50 for a frame, $45 for a ULT, $100+shipping to Luke and back.

Ninjeff
04-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Tell me more Lenny.

snoopay700
04-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Tell me more Lenny.
A pnuemag has the potential to be cheaper, and you get to keep your nice agd trigger frame.

Tao
04-16-2007, 12:05 AM
OOooooooooo...you.....you.....!!!!

Is there a "curse you" emote?

CUUUURRRSEEEEE YOUUUUUUUU!!!

Yeah you can edit your first post and make his look foolish :rofl:

Tao
04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
So, i must admit, ive been watching a ton of tourny vids and it got me to wondering....

how can you make a lag walkable? I know three ways.....Xvalve/ ult trigger.......pnuemag.....and putting an electro frame on a mag. Whats the best, cheapest, easiest, and most reliable way to do it? Pros/Cons? Educate me please.

Cheapest way would probably be to get a used emag off of ebay. I bet the ones that still have the stainless bodies go for cheaper, and to be honest I like their look a lot better :)

Ninjeff
04-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Really? Ive always thought E-Mags ran upwards of $700.00? And thats just too much for me....im a poor musician after all. :p

spike_ball999
04-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Really? Ive always thought E-Mags ran upwards of $700.00? And thats just too much for me....im a poor musician after all. :p

I think I may have spotted a few around $550. Not bad but out of my price range.

If I had the option, I'd go spydermag. Fairly easy conversion and keeps the gun looking sleek.
I don't like extra hoses running around.

snoopay700
04-16-2007, 12:44 AM
I think I may have spotted a few around $550. Not bad but out of my price range.

If I had the option, I'd go spydermag. Fairly easy conversion and keeps the gun looking sleek.
I don't like extra hoses running around.
Well if you have the tools a pnuemag is cheaper and also more reliable, although a spydermag is easier. It's all up to what he wants.

shorty24
04-16-2007, 08:44 AM
If you already have the frame, a pneumag shouldn't cost in excess of $90 for parts, and if you shop around, could cost as little as $60ish. Now if you do the install yourself, that's a cheap walkable mag. Or, for just a bit more, send it to someone on AO that can do the install for you. Even then, it most likely won't cost over $130-$140.

mostpeople
04-16-2007, 09:16 AM
get an X-valve/lvl10 + ULT..

you can make those walkable.. and if you cant, then get the pneumag parts for like 30 bucks and do it. But start with the top of the line equipment first

Lenny
04-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Tell me more Lenny.
Well, basically a Spydermag is an Automag with a modified Spyder e-grip trigger frame. There are two ways to do this mod. Either turn around the solenoid ("flipped noid") or modify the sear ("sear mod").

This can be cheap, or expensive. I've seen eframes go for as little as $25 on eBay before. So take that, new ULT, and the labor done by Luke, you're looking at a $165 egrip for your 'Mag.

Or... you could buy a new Spyder with a "pretty" frame, pick up a T-Board (or a Virtue whenever they come out), buy some eyes, have the body drilled for eyes (Luke does this as well), have some eye covers milled (or cut down an eBlade cover), new trigger, lighter switch, etc. Now you're looking at a $300-$400 egrip.

Luke can answer all of your questions. Just PM/email him. Make sure you check out his website first, though. Just so you're not pestering him with an already answered question. ;)

www.LukesCustoms.com

wjr
04-16-2007, 03:48 PM
-Get in contact with Clippard distibutor
-Buy MPA-3 for $6
-Buy Barbs for $4
-Buy 50ft of hose for $10 and sell some in the B/S/T
-Get in contact with Fabco distributor
-Buy MSV-2 for $10

-Go to ICDowners.com and buy a BKO trigger frame for $15
-Buy a stock cocker LPR for about $5-10

Grand total:
$50-55, assuming that you didn't sell any of the 50ft of hose you bought.

Cow123
04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I like spydermags, but maybe I'm biased.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/Yawn_Monkeys/Paintball/DSC02382.jpg

Mongoose
04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
I would either go sydermag with luke.
or if your gonna go pnuemag...i would contact cyberave68....he just finished my project. he does all the work and anno, it came out great!

another cheap way to go is a hyperframe or booyah...should be around 150 if not less

tech-chan
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
-Get in contact with Clippard distibutor
-Buy MPA-3 for $6
-Buy Barbs for $4
-Buy 50ft of hose for $10 and sell some in the B/S/T
-Get in contact with Fabco distributor
-Buy MSV-2 for $10

-Go to ICDowners.com and buy a BKO trigger frame for $15

Grand total:
$45, assuming that you didn't sell any of the 50ft of hose you bought.

That needs to be stickied.

wjr
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
That needs to be stickied.

lol, I wouldn't sticky it yet. I forgot to put the LPR in there. :tard:

Lenny
04-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I would either go sydermag with luke.
or if your gonna go pnuemag...i would contact cyberave68....he just finished my project. he does all the work and anno, it came out great!

another cheap way to go is a hyperframe or booyah...should be around 150 if not less
Pneumagger can also build you up a pneumag. I've played with him many times and have shot a ton of his work. He's a stand up guy.

snoopay700
04-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, basically a Spydermag is an Automag with a modified Spyder e-grip trigger frame. There are two ways to do this mod. Either turn around the solenoid ("flipped noid") or modify the sear ("sear mod").

This can be cheap, or expensive. I've seen eframes go for as little as $25 on eBay before. So take that, new ULT, and the labor done by Luke, you're looking at a $165 egrip for your 'Mag.

Or... you could buy a new Spyder with a "pretty" frame, pick up a T-Board (or a Virtue whenever they come out), buy some eyes, have the body drilled for eyes (Luke does this as well), have some eye covers milled (or cut down an eBlade cover), new trigger, lighter switch, etc. Now you're looking at a $300-$400 egrip.

Luke can answer all of your questions. Just PM/email him. Make sure you check out his website first, though. Just so you're not pestering him with an already answered question. ;)

www.LukesCustoms.com
When viewing luke's site for best results use internet explorer, some of the links don't work in other browsers.

Tao
04-16-2007, 11:37 PM

Maybe way back. they are $1000 new. Used x-mags are $800-1000 Used emag go for $300-500 depending on extras. (I am not too sure I never did much shopping for emags recently)

ta2maki
04-16-2007, 11:50 PM

Actually, thats only 2 ways. Xvalve/ULT is not very walkable on it's own and I would say the Xvalve is a prerequisite for a mag you intend on walking at high rates of fire to avoid shootdown.

Ninjeff
04-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Actually, thats only 2 ways. Xvalve/ULT is not very walkable on it's own and I would say the Xvalve is a prerequisite for a mag you intend on walking at high rates of fire to avoid shootdown.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Mongoose
04-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Pneumagger can also build you up a pneumag. I've played with him many times and have shot a ton of his work. He's a stand up guy.
Yes i forgot to mention him.
i tried to get him to build me one but he was very buisy.
do you know if he does E pnuemags?

Lenny
04-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Yes i forgot to mention him.
i tried to get him to build me one but he was very buisy.
do you know if he does E pnuemags?
Yup! He's doing up my UMF right now with an Ion board! :D

...And after he's done with this semester, I think he has another EP job fitting parts into an AirWalk frame.

Mongoose
04-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Yup! He's doing up my UMF right now with an Ion board! :D

...And after he's done with this semester, I think he has another EP job fitting parts into an AirWalk frame.

Wonder if he would make me a E pnuemag with my new chimera frame :confused:

Lenny
04-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Wonder if he would make me a E pnuemag with my new chimera frame :confused:
He probably would after this semester of school. Finals are comming up and he's been busy (thus the reason he isn't posting on AO as often). I'm going to ask him to do an EP on my AirWalk once I get it.

If you want, I'll sell you my UMF + everything you'll need for it (milled v/a, LPR, rail, frame and guts)... IF you don't want to wait. I was thinking about selling it anyway since I'll have an AirWalk EP.

If you insist on it being done to your Chimera, may I please have permission to shoot it a little? :D Joe (pneumagger) only lives, like, 5 miles away from me.

Chaos_Theory!
04-19-2007, 04:16 AM
You can get stock emags in the 400-500 range.

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 05:52 AM
He probably would after this semester of school. Finals are comming up and he's been busy (thus the reason he isn't posting on AO as often). I'm going to ask him to do an EP on my AirWalk once I get it.

If you want, I'll sell you my UMF + everything you'll need for it (milled v/a, LPR, rail, frame and guts)... IF you don't want to wait. I was thinking about selling it anyway since I'll have an AirWalk EP.

If you insist on it being done to your Chimera, may I please have permission to shoot it a little? :D Joe (pneumagger) only lives, like, 5 miles away from me.
Ofcourse you can shoot my guns :shooting:
to be honest i just started a thread becouse i dont know what to do next :confused:
i have a chimera sitting here, but i like the new stormwalk!
I think i need to come out!!!!..................................I AM A GUN WHORE :clap: