PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 quick question

phizz
04-16-2007, 02:44 AM
I have decided to tune up my level 10, it hits a bit too hard when it catches sometimes chopping. I was wondering how to make it lighter on the balls. Should I just buy a larger spring? Or is there anything else I can do. Just want to check before I go off spending money.

Thanks alot guys.

athomas
04-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Use a stiffer/longer spring. That is the only change that is needed to make it softer.

madcrisis
04-16-2007, 07:06 PM
ive also got a quick question: does it need a foamie?

athomas
04-16-2007, 07:17 PM
No, a foamy is not needed.

Tao
04-16-2007, 11:46 PM
ive also got a quick question: does it need a foamie?

no but I recomend one. A foamy on my classic mag (doesn't have a level 10) made a world of difference.

athomas
04-17-2007, 03:11 PM
For a level 7 bolt that is missing the foamy, a foamy is definately required. It prevents the ball from rolling back in the breach. The impact force of the level 7 hitting the next ball in the stack due to it sitting lower in the breach can cause a fracture which may break then or when the next shot is fired. In a level 10 there may be slight roll back, but the level 10 prevents the impact that would harm the ball so it is not an issue.

flyingpootang
04-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Well AGD put foamies on their L10 bolt for a reason. Its a lot eaiser on your balls getting pinched :tard: "get your mind outta the gutter you now what I mean :rofl: "

athomas
04-17-2007, 08:55 PM
The foamy really doesn't do much for pinching. The edge of the bolt is where that occurs. The foamy prevents the ball from rolling back into the center of the bolt. When this happens, it allows the next ball in the stack to sit slightly in front of the ball in the breach. When the gun is fired, the ball in front of the bolt pushes the waiting ball back up the stack causing a bobbled ball effect which affects feed rate in gravity fed feeders. Using force fed feeders, it is less of an issue.