PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Classic Mag

brossi01
04-16-2007, 09:01 AM
I recently got a used Classic, and the old owner said he heard a leak in the barrel. I got a kit from AGD and replaced all the O-rings in the gun. When I shoot it, it will shoot fine for a few shots, the the trigger will not reset. Also, sometimes, when the trigger doesn't reset, CO2 will rush out of the barrel. The only way to reset the trigger is to take the CO2 bottle off the gun and the put it back on and turn the CO2 back on. Any ideas? Didi I put something in wrong? Or iis liquid CO2 getting in the gun? I am thinking it is liquid CO2 since it usually happens when I am rapid firing the gun.
Thanks

DaFin
04-16-2007, 09:55 AM
What level/type bolt do you have?

How is the Co2 bottle arranged? Is is vertical off of the rail or is it horizontal off the bottom of the trigger frame?

brossi01
04-16-2007, 10:20 AM
It is horizontal off of the trigger frame. The bolt is a level 7.

Tao
04-16-2007, 04:01 PM
It is horizontal off of the trigger frame. The bolt is a level 7.

You may be getting liquid into the gun. You have to make an effort to keep the bottle below the gun at all times. With your set up many players will carry their gun with the barrel pointing towards the ground durring play or in the safe zone. When you are in this position co2 will run into the gun.

If you are shooting really fast you may be out shooting your tank. It is easy for even for a classic mag to out shoot a co2 canister.

Or a combination of both. Try to borrow a compressed air cylander from someone for a game or two and see if the problems go away. If they do, you can still use co2 you will just have to train yourself to hold the gun barrel up and to wait a few seconds between a burst of shots to let the tank catch up.

mag_lover05
04-16-2007, 04:35 PM
expansion chamber + anti siphon = good to go

DaFin
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Ayup... it sounds like you are sucking liquid C02 into the gun and freezing the O-rings. I have one of my mags set up like this and run and expansion chamber. I give it about a 6 for effectiveness but I can have the same issues you describe under the same circumstances.

I'd borrow an HPA bottle and see how she runs.

brossi01
04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks guys. Thats what I thought it was. Will be playing this weekend and will borrow a spre HPA from a buddy and see if it helps. If it does I will probably go ahead and just buy an HPA for myself.

Thanks again.