PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm gonna cry.

tech-chan
04-16-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm so proud of my local store. They put a mag in the very top center of all the (other) guns. A guy that came into the store asked why the proto rail wasn't in the place of honor, the Manager said that mags are the most reliable and indestructible guns money can buy. Period. I now consider Precision Sports my favorite paintball store of all time. They might not have many upgrades, and they do cater to airsoft enthusiasts, but they won me over right there.
jeremiah

Cow123
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/Yawn_Monkeys/thumbs_up.gif

My store stopped carrying mags about a year ago. :( The stopped carrying cockers and cocker parts about 6 months ago too. That was lame. I need a new hammer for my autococker!

tech-chan
04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
That stinks Cow, were do you live?
jeremiah

Cow123
04-16-2007, 03:59 PM
GA

Only one paintball store anywhere close. They mainly stock ions, ion parts, and dm's. I only go there for paint and air really.

tech-chan
04-16-2007, 04:00 PM
That really sucks man, I'm in NC, we ought to get together and play sometime.

Arstron
04-16-2007, 04:24 PM
My local field hasnt had an automag for sale in the past 4 years. :cry:

madcrisis
04-16-2007, 04:25 PM
ive never seen 1 around here (actually the only ones i ever saw was a friend of mine used to have a shop that went under for variace reasons and he was the only one who even had them in the shop)

WalkingTarget
04-16-2007, 04:27 PM
lol

my local 'store' had never even heard of an automag till I went in with mine.

Then again, a Tib-8 is the highest tech they have ever seen too.

need to open my own store/field

wjr
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Lenoir NC... where is that? I'm in the charlotte area.

And PB central sucks around here. They don't carry AGD stuff, cocker stuff, ICD stuff; they don't even carry angel threaded feednecks. :tard:

If it's not Smart Parts, Ego, Dye, kingman, or spyder, they don't have it.

snoopay700
04-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I live right by the birthplace of the mag. It is actually just a bit younger than me, and when i went to visit my grandma who lived by wheeling (which is where i believe they're located) me and him used to play together.

Anyway, there was a store in waukegan (where i live) that sold mag parts, then like a year or two ago they just stopped (it was a military surplus store) and now they carry a few guns and then hoses and orings mainly, they aren't so much into paintball anymore.

georgeyew
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm so proud of my local store. They put a mag in the very top center of all the (other) guns. A guy that came into the store asked why the proto rail wasn't in the place of honor, the Manager said that mags are the most reliable and indestructible guns money can buy. Period. I now consider Precision Sports my favorite paintball store of all time. They might not have many upgrades, and they do cater to airsoft enthusiasts, but they won me over right there.
jeremiah

That is awesome. I felt warm and fuzzy reading that. It is nice to have support from your local store. At my local store, the owner was a certified Mag tech. He has lots of stories about Mags, but I don't think that he's touched a Mag in over 10 years. But it is still fun to hear his war stories.

ProblemKinder
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
my store owner plays with a mag, and has two for sale. one is just a classic mag, the other is an old one with a vavle that has a thumb-screw velocity adjust. i thought that was pretty neat. it's good to know there is a professional i can pay to fix my gun if the planets aligned in a way that would cause that need to surface.

Cow123
04-16-2007, 05:18 PM
they don't even carry angel threaded feednecks. :tard:

Same here. I broke down and sanded my halo just because I didn't want to go through the hassle of online purchases, and then the wait for shipping of a product that I'm not sure would even work. (not that feednecks are that complicated, but still.)

Kyle.Kimber
04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
That really sucks man, I'm in NC, we ought to get together and play sometime.

They really appreciate mags at Predator Paintball in Hillsborough. NC FTW

etjoyride
04-16-2007, 08:59 PM
The field/store where i work at/usually play at is very mag friendly. Several regulars, workers, and the owner all own mags. The owner and much of the upper management know both Tom and Zupan rather well. It's a great place to be a mag enthusiast!

TrracerAce
04-16-2007, 09:09 PM
My local pro shop impressed the hell out of me. They're the typical modern shop but recently have been picking up AGD markers and parts.

I also got a couple lions stickers out of them. :D

BlueDragonX
04-17-2007, 08:18 AM
My local pro shop impressed the hell out of me. They're the typical modern shop but recently have been picking up AGD markers and parts.

I also got a couple lions stickers out of them. :D

Amazingly the field I have has a Retro valve chillin' in the display case. It wasn't there last month, and I've never seen anyone else there with a Mag, but props to them.

robnix
04-17-2007, 08:23 AM
jeremiah

Nice. Tell them that over here at AO we're happy to hear that!

turbo chicken
04-17-2007, 10:07 AM
The field/store where i work at/usually play at is very mag friendly. Several regulars, workers, and the owner all own mags. The owner and much of the upper management know both Tom and Zupan rather well. It's a great place to be a mag enthusiast!

Yes ... www.hitandrunpaintball.com rules ... they even have rental mags ... and "the owner" has been known to do some amazing things to a classic valve...

also paintball and more like a mile from my house is mag friendly ... in fact he has a dust black vert micromag for sale i've had my eye on... and several other used mags ...

tech-chan
04-17-2007, 12:03 PM
All of us in NC need to get together and play, Lenoir is near Hickory and my dad's is right next to Command Decisions, who wants to meet up there?
jeremiah

MiniSpdRcr
04-17-2007, 03:58 PM
The field owner where I play, uses nothing but Mags. Then one of his friends there uses a pump-mag.

buzzboy
04-17-2007, 06:00 PM
The only time I have seen a mag on a wall at a PB store was at Orlando Paintball and it was there one christmas, and still there the next. It is a PFR Classic with no barrel or bottomline or LVL X going for $210. Another store I went to had a few twist lock barrels under the counter and when I asked the employee how much the twist lock barrel was he didn't even know what I meant and pointed at something cocker threaded. Saddness.

-----------
Tech-Chan, where in NC do you live. Anywhere near the East or are you out west. Not quite sure where your town is.

tech-chan
04-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Do you know where Hickory is? I'm close to that.

buzzboy
04-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Nevermind, I'm out on the banks

bballa27920
04-18-2007, 04:41 PM
yo watup hyatt thats cool bout the mag and i live in the banks but own a house bout an hour from ashville not to far from hickory

Geoff Call
04-18-2007, 05:23 PM
We have lots and lots of mags on our wall at all times! The owner shoots mags, my colleague and I as well. Also about 40% of our speedball players own mags (not as primary) and a good 20% of our regular players are mag shooters as well.

Guys,

Paintball Charleston are my heros when it comes to running a smart paintball store. I am not just saying that because they sell our stuff. The point is they sell EVERYBODYS stuff! You go in there and you dont get the "that gun is crap" routine that we hear so often from so many other retailers. They get excited about pumps the same as superguns.

So what happens? All the players there have three different guns, I have seen this for myself. They start the day with the electo blaster, work through the afternoon with the mech and when they run low on paint switch to a pump. Every gun is cool to that group and everyone knows what a Phantom pump is and why its hot.

Bravo PBC you are the model paintball store! I wish the rest of the industry would figure out what good business is.

AGD

w00t

Geoff Call
Paintball Charleston

maglover728
04-19-2007, 02:51 AM
You all are lucky. I have been laughed out of a shop because I shoot a mag. The owner refused to even order parts for me because I wasn't of the "AGG" croud. :cuss:
Kitsap Sports
Kitsap county Washington

tech-chan
04-19-2007, 12:20 PM
You all are lucky. I have been laughed out of a shop because I shoot a mag. The owner refused to even order parts for me because I wasn't of the "AGG" croud. :cuss:
Kitsap Sports
Kitsap county Washington

Burn the owner of that store at the stake. :headbang: :cuss: :headbang:

Skeeter
04-19-2007, 01:26 PM
That would be me!!!

For those stores pander to the "Agg kiddies...", those kiddies will be gone in a few years, off chasing girls or whatever their next hobby is. The store owners that know enough about the sport to keep AGD products in stock are the ones that will be store owners in the future. I have seen local 6-8 fields (and corresponding pro shops) open and close over the past 10 years I have been in business. IIRC, not a single other store/shop in the area stocked Mags. Their loss.

The profit margin for AGD stuff is well below that of the plastic disposable crap flooding the market right now, but the customers that buy disposable markers won’t be customers for long. Listen to the customers, educate them if needed (and possible), help them find what best suits their needs. In many cases, that would be some flavor of Mag. It is all on how you present the hardware. If you sell markers on price and ROF, then plan on going away soon. Sell product on quality and it will reward you in the long run.

And yes, we ALWAYS keep somewhere between 4-8 Mags on the wall. If we had more space, we could put up a few more. We may loose some short term business to Wel-Mert (sic) and the mega-stores, but the long term customers (ie, quality) know where the quality hardware is. Which type of player/customer would you rather have?

FYI:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193398

We have lots and lots of mags on our wall at all times! The owner shoots mags, my colleague and I as well. Also about 40% of our speedball players own mags (not as primary) and a good 20% of our regular players are mag shooters as well.

Paintball Charleston

robnix
04-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Kitsap Sports
Kitsap county Washington

Which field are they associated with? I have two brothers in law and some nephews that are in Kitsap. I should finally get over there and get them out on the field with my 'not agg enough' mags. Besides, Kitsap sports sells PMI and Evil markers...