PDA

View Full Version : My Rt is leaking and I needa fix it by 2night

Me
01-05-2002, 04:16 PM
Hey,
I just finished cleaning my RT, then I put some air on it and it is sickly leaking from the back. not the little hole, but under that. i cant figure for the life of me, where it is comming from. this has happend once before, but i oiled the o-rings and it stoped, this thing cant be stoped! Man, I need some real help, i'm playing tomorrow! thats so much in advance.

Potatoboy
01-05-2002, 04:19 PM
Check the Banjo bolt orings. It sounds like it's leaking from the fieldstrip/banjo bolt.

Me
01-05-2002, 04:34 PM
yea. i tried, I oiled, checked, unoiled, checked, reolied, ect. they look ok.. thanks for the suggestion though.,i know if people keep guessing I'll get one right. I've been working on this for about an hour

Webmaster
01-05-2002, 06:44 PM
those banjo bolts are pesky - its probably a bad oring that you dont see... try to replace them and see if that works.

Me
01-05-2002, 07:36 PM
yes, I figured ou that it was the top one, and yes, very pesky. i chenged the top to the bottom and vise versa and it just leaked on the bottom one, so then i grabed an o-ring off my old sting ray, and it's too big I just hope that the field has some 2morrow.
1 quick Q. I sow @ the field today that they had a mag's parts kit, but i didnt catch if it was RT, or classic. would the classic happen to have the same O-ring in it?
thanks

Potatoboy
01-05-2002, 08:05 PM
I don't think so, but if you're in the Detroit area (hey, he could be for all I know) I have some extras because I have an RTPro and have no use for them what so ever. They're in the RT parts kit, but I don't think they're a reused oring from any part of the classic valve.

Me
01-05-2002, 09:11 PM
thanks for the info. Hopefully I can find someone as nice as u up here @ my field that would do that.
thanks for offering

skipdogg
01-09-2002, 04:02 PM
potato boy,

Is the banjo O-ring the only thing in a RT parts kit that is unusable for an Rt Pro?

Potatoboy
01-09-2002, 04:05 PM
the RT Valve spacer (the little plastic bead looking thing) is unused also.

skipdogg
01-09-2002, 04:25 PM
Thanks