PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions on new XValve...

ZCute
04-17-2007, 11:22 PM
So i just bought a new x-valve, do i need to oil the internals individually (aside from dropping in ASA and dry firing) or did it come good to go? If so, what pieces should I oil? Do any parts require grease? what is the difference between the sear that came with it and the sear that came with my classic mag, if any, or is it just a backup? And ive read a couple posts lately saying do NOT oild the bolt, but ive had people at fields telling me to do it because it fixes bolt stick issues, so a final yay or nay on that? I've always oiled my bolt just to be safe. And finally...wow, xvalve makes the classic alot lighter :clap: now lets hope i have a hassle free day on my first run, i used to have gun issues almost every time :cry: thanks for any and all answers to my many questions.

robnix
04-17-2007, 11:52 PM
So i just bought a new x-valve, do i need to oil the internals individually (aside from dropping in ASA and dry firing) or did it come good to go? If so, what pieces should I oil? Do any parts require grease? what is the difference between the sear that came with it and the sear that came with my classic mag, if any, or is it just a backup? And ive read a couple posts lately saying do NOT oild the bolt, but ive had people at fields telling me to do it because it fixes bolt stick issues, so a final yay or nay on that? I've always oiled my bolt just to be safe. And finally...wow, xvalve makes the classic alot lighter :clap: now lets hope i have a hassle free day on my first run, i used to have gun issues almost every time :cry: thanks for any and all answers to my many questions.

Oil - A few drop in the ASA, dry fire 40 or 50 times without the barrel. Don't oil anything else.
Sear - The sear is tied to the rail, not the valve.

ZCute
04-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Oil - A few drop in the ASA, dry fire 40 or 50 times without the barrel. Don't oil anything else.
Sear - The sear is tied to the rail, not the valve.

so i shouldnt oil the individual parts the first time? and no... a sear came with my xvalve, so i was wondering if i should replace my old one that came with my classic gun. I know where the sear goes :tard:

robnix
04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
so i shouldnt oil the individual parts the first time? and no... a sear came with my xvalve, so i was wondering if i should replace my old one that came with my classic gun. I know where the sear goes :tard:

He puts the oil in the ASA...

And the sear ONLY matters to the rail. Any sear, classic, RT/pro, or Emag will work with any valve.