PDA

View Full Version : Is Cops 911 DOA?

GhostWalker
04-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Hi folks, I am new around here. Been reading this board for a while though and thought someone here might be able to fill me in. Cops 911 makes these awesome vests but there website has been down for a while and i am wondering if they are gone. Anybody out there know? Thanks.

FIST2CUFF
04-18-2007, 02:39 AM
You heard correctly! I had sent mine back to them to get some upgrades while they were in the process of the move which was some time last year.

Oldest Sage
04-18-2007, 04:59 AM
Yup, Fist is right. I purchased mine as they were moving. Wonder if SpecOps will cover any repairs/updates needed of Cop911 vests?

GhostWalker
04-18-2007, 05:01 AM
well that really flips me off, i wanted to get one of their vests :cuss:

pyrodragon
04-18-2007, 05:42 AM
you can still order their products on specops.

doc_Zox
04-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Robert, the founder of COPS911, left Spec-Ops last Spring.
He is restrained from making anything paintball related for a few years.
http://thevestguy.com/

Spec-Ops is making vests in China.

Foxworthy
04-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Used vests sometimes pop on milsimog now and again. I know usmilitarygear has a line of vests as well so maybe they might have something you like.

fullofpaint
04-18-2007, 08:46 AM
actually Spec-ops will make you a custom vest still, a guy at my field jsut had one made for him to fit his longbow mags and everything, i think they're jsut very hard to get a hold of for the custom vest

Really though unless you need something special the Spec-Ops ones are great. I've got an orginal broadsword vest and I've never ahd a single problem with it. Thye new ones are even better because you can switch parts out to suit your needs.

BlueDragonX
04-18-2007, 09:44 AM
I haven't heard anything about SpecOps making their vests in China. I was under the impression that was all handled in-house. Given that they can make you anything you need I'm still under that impression.

If you need something that they don't already have you can call them up and see if it's do-able. I called yesterday to get some custom MOLLE pod holders made for my Blackcell Operative vest I got from them. I've been more than impressed with all of the SpecOps brand products I've purchased.

Lomarandil
04-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Their custom work is done in-house for sure..

as to their mass produced stuff, I'm not sure either way, but china is a possibility
Lo

GhostWalker
04-18-2007, 11:21 AM
yeah, the "custom" vests are a joke. they give you a list of options and let you think you got what you needed, but what i want isn't in their catalog. Not to mention the fact that the old vest I custom designed on COPS 911 was about half the price of a similar design that I tried to recreate on SpecOps. Not only was it more cost efficient, but it actually included several more design features that were, as I said, unavailable. SpecOps also declined the customization of certain items that were available, such as placement of pockets.

Honestly, I feel very secure in saying that the new company is a complete rip off for anyone who shops there. I believe that I would rather wait three years until the original designer can come back into business, and have one custom made by him or find another designer who can appropriately give me what I want.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

BlueDragonX
04-18-2007, 12:24 PM
yeah, the "custom" vests are a joke. they give you a list of options and let you think you got what you needed, but what i want isn't in their catalog. Not to mention the fact that the old vest I custom designed on COPS 911 was about half the price of a similar design that I tried to recreate on SpecOps. Not only was it more cost efficient, but it actually included several more design features that were, as I said, unavailable. SpecOps also declined the customization of certain items that were available, such as placement of pockets.

Honestly, I feel very secure in saying that the new company is a complete rip off for anyone who shops there. I believe that I would rather wait three years until the original designer can come back into business, and have one custom made by him or find another designer who can appropriately give me what I want.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

Did you bother to call them and talk to their people or did you try and put something together online? Their online vest builder isn't the greatest piece of work in the world. They're more than happy to accommodate people who want something unique. I talked to Chad when I called, I think he's in charge of soft goods or something, he was more than nice and was able to help me out.

I ordered a Blackcell Operative vest from SpecOps. Sure it's a bit expensive, but comparing it to what I've seen in the past I think the price is right.

ocmi-nick
04-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Well the have the custom vest option on Spec Ops but is really useless. I set up a vest excatly the same way as one of there current vests and it was about 40 dollars over retail.

Robert from COPS911 sells his old stuff on MILSIMOG about once a month.

fullofpaint
04-18-2007, 06:11 PM
yea you have to call or e-mail them if you want a truly custom vest, I believe it's chad vut I'm not sure on the guys name, I can't remember anymore.

Ninjeff
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Thier stuff is NOT made in china. I think the "materials" are, but all gear is assembled in house.