PDA

View Full Version : my new ride ...and my old but newer ride.

slade
04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6912/pict0247ti7.jpg

1997 suzuki GSXR 600. i picked it up for $2500, dropped in a new battery, and it runs great. The ignition is a bit iffy, so it might need to be repaired or replaced soon.

should i fill it up with regular, or premium? i think the compression ratio is in the range of vehicles that run on premium. also, about what mileage can expect? I already took it out up and down my street, but I have to wait a week or so before I get the title and can insure/register it.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9017/pict0269ae5.jpg

unfortunately, because of this, i can't ride my bike and use the gas efficiency excuse :(

lazebum
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
yea you should use premium, and it should get above 40mpg, dunno what youll get due to miles and wear. also good buy!!!!

slade
04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
yeah, as long as theres nothing hidden thats wrong with it, its a pretty good deal. a few deals slipped through my fingers before, so i basically called the guy and said i'd take it.

Army
04-18-2007, 08:29 PM
LOL! Love the NOS sticker :D

MANN
04-18-2007, 08:40 PM
No but you can use the excues that this will allow you to arrive home earlier, and therefore have time to do X. (you dont really have to do X :p )

slade
04-18-2007, 08:49 PM
haha, thanks. I should put a "be green" sticker on the bike, or on my father's SUV.

behemoth
04-18-2007, 09:16 PM
haha, thanks. I should put a "be green" sticker on the bike, or on my father's SUV.

SUV.

nice bike, the hippymobile, not so much.

slade
04-18-2007, 09:55 PM
nice bike, the hippymobile, not so much.
ouch, burn.

a while ago a friend in a cadillac parked next to me at school and revved his engine, and was like, can your fancy prius do that?

/he totally just did it to show off for the girl in his passenger seat.

behemoth
04-18-2007, 10:13 PM
ouch, burn.

a while ago a friend in a cadillac parked next to me at school and revved his engine, and was like, can your fancy prius do that?

/he totally just did it to show off for the girl in his passenger seat.

Did you rev it, so it sounded like a hampster spinning the wheel faster?

slade
04-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Did you rev it, so it sounded like a hampster spinning the wheel faster?
*sniff* i couldnt get the engine to rev at all :(

actually, hybrids aren't all that underpowered. they're more powerful than most economical automatic ICE cars.

Rudz
04-19-2007, 12:25 AM

my thought exactly, nice bike..

Mango
04-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Awesome bike! I gotta get me one someday, but I'm too scared to drive one.

Here's my sled, been modding it up!

http://www.srtowners.com/srt-8/grand-cherokee/2007/0001/index.html

http://www.srtowners.com/srt-8/grand-cherokee/2007/0001/3.jpg

thecavemankevin
04-19-2007, 09:09 AM

dude, that NOS sticker makes the car like go so much faster roxr!!11

slade
04-19-2007, 09:18 AM
dude, that NOS sticker makes the car like go so much faster roxr!!11
yeah, it added liek, 400 horsepower <.<

Bear_Claw
04-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Congrats on the bike ride carfull and have fun. Now dont forget to wave to other riders

Rember bikes are idioit proof act like and idiot and the bike WILL prove it.

And if you dont mind me asking WHY would you get a hybrid????? The Small diesels get just as good real world milage and is nearly as enviro freidly contray to beliefe. Their also cheaper to buy and own and produce MUTCH more usable power. For heat and a/c to work on the hybrids the engeins need to run anyways defeeting the purpose of the hybrid anyways so how mutch of the year can you do without either???

Hybrids can work but not in their present form. First off get rid of the gas engein and replace it with a even smaller Diesel (diesels are MUTCH more efficant). Second get rid of the engein being a driveing factor and hook it SOLY to a generator to charge the battery. Then take the SINGLE electric motor and drive it threw a transmishion as to a conventional car. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENCE TO HAVE TWO DRIVE SYSTEMS. and if you think it cant work its been working on trains for a VERY LONG TIME. Trains are hybrids the engeins have no conection to the drive whats so ever.

But even doing this is expensive and a small diesel is still gona be the most cost effective option. But im a diesel mehcanic for a living so i am a bit biased.

IM also a diesel car owner (have had three diesels in total two VWs and a Ford pickup)
Heres the car averages 50mpg (5 mpg better than my bike)
http://www.hunt101.com/img/430837.JPG

And the Bike
http://www.hunt101.com/img/483224.JPG

Mango
04-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I *heart* VW's. Ahh I miss my Mk4 Jetta, we had some fun times.

I have a GTI Mk5 now, moderatly modded (chipped/turbo back exhaust/EVOMS intake) and it STILL averages 30 to 32 mpg on the highway! It's my daily driver to and from work.

The little rocket is putting down about 300hp to the ground and yet, still sips gas. I love it.

slade
04-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Congrats on the bike ride carfull and have fun. Now dont forget to wave to other riders

Rember bikes are idioit proof act like and idiot and the bike WILL prove it.

And if you dont mind me asking WHY would you get a hybrid????? The Small diesels get just as good real world milage and is nearly as enviro freidly contray to beliefe. Their also cheaper to buy and own and produce MUTCH more usable power. For heat and a/c to work on the hybrids the engeins need to run anyways defeeting the purpose of the hybrid anyways so how mutch of the year can you do without either???

Hybrids can work but not in their present form. First off get rid of the gas engein and replace it with a even smaller Diesel (diesels are MUTCH more efficant). Second get rid of the engein being a driveing factor and hook it SOLY to a generator to charge the battery. Then take the SINGLE electric motor and drive it threw a transmishion as to a conventional car. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENCE TO HAVE TWO DRIVE SYSTEMS. and if you think it cant work its been working on trains for a VERY LONG TIME. Trains are hybrids the engeins have no conection to the drive whats so ever.

But even doing this is expensive and a small diesel is still gona be the most cost effective option. But im a diesel mehcanic for a living so i am a bit biased.
the engine doesnt need to run all the time on a hybrid. in the winter with the heat on, if the car is stopped, the engine will run for maybe 30 seconds every 2 minutes. and the reason there are two drive systems is that neither the engine nor the motor is powerful enough by itself to accelerate the in all cases, so they will both supply power at the same time. adding a larger motor would increase the cost of the car.

and I got the prius because my parents bought the car as a family car. My mother loves volvos, so the choice was between a $38000 volvo wagon or a $30000 prius. I thought the prius was by far the better choice. If I had to purchase a car myself, I would have bought a diesel and converted it to a biodiesel. I helped my tech teacher in a conversion a little while ago; he hasn't had to pay for gas for years.

slade
04-19-2007, 03:54 PM
oh yeah, since you like diesels so much, have you seen the prototype diesel sportsbike that was online a little while ago? It looked pretty nice.

and a compliment from mango? my life has meaning now.

Mango
04-19-2007, 04:55 PM
LOL! You have more ballz than me to go riding around on that motorcycle man, heck no! Give me 4 wheels over that any day. :)

I've complimented you before though, I know it! The only guy on my *POOP* list on these boards is that tony montana joker who insulted Thordic.

Soopa Villain17
04-23-2007, 08:19 AM
oh man. you drive a prius , you know those are worse for the enviroment. what the hell are you doin drivin an old ladys car anyway ? you must look pretty cool pullin into school in that , i bet the girlys love it.

rkjunior303
04-23-2007, 08:42 AM
LOL! You have more ballz than me to go riding around on that motorcycle man, heck no! Give me 4 wheels over that any day. :)

seriously. people scare me enough driving with 4 wheels.. after seeing what happened to my uncle, who races bikes professionally, no thanks - F150 pulled out without looking and he broadsided the bed.

behemoth
04-23-2007, 08:48 AM
oh man. you drive a prius , you know those are worse for the enviroment. what the hell are you doin drivin an old ladys car anyway ? you must look pretty cool pullin into school in that , i bet the girlys love it.

Atleast he can leave it in the parking lot.

You have to carry yourself around all day...

rkjunior303
04-23-2007, 10:23 AM
\insert soopa 3wheeler picture here once i get home/

BobTheCow
04-23-2007, 10:29 AM
What in the hell are you blabbering on about? Worse for the environment? Old lady's car? I thought you got banned or something. :(

behemoth
04-23-2007, 10:54 AM

Still struggling with that filter?

rkjunior303
04-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Still struggling with that filter?

who are you?

BobTheCow
04-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Ugh, I just spent way too long trying to find this damn image.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1704/soopatrikeol2.jpg

rkjunior303
04-23-2007, 12:16 PM
game.set.match.

behemoth
04-23-2007, 12:40 PM
I'd rather drive a prius....

slade
04-23-2007, 02:54 PM
it would appear that i'm late, but...

at least i can hold myself up without the extra wheel.

...and really, if i were you, i wouldn't be talking about girls.

I've complimented you before though, I know it! The only guy on my *POOP* list on these boards is that tony montana joker who insulted Thordic.
only one? i believe you stand corrected ^^.

and yeah, i know a bike isn't the safest form of transportation, but i'm trying to be careful with it. Nothing has happened yet, and my dad has ridden his entire life without an accident.

gimp
04-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Is it nice enough to ride in Mass yet? I know it was pretty nasty over there recently.

slade
04-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Is it nice enough to ride in Mass yet? I know it was pretty nasty over there recently.
yeah, its been nice and warm the last few days. i know last week the weather was horrible.

Spartan X
04-24-2007, 06:04 AM
Yeah you should get just over 40 mpg with the bike...and YES run premium.

I get barely under 40 mph on my 02 R1...but I drive it pretty hard so I am like duh....