PDA

View Full Version : steel cored paintballs?

Rudz
04-18-2007, 09:56 PM
ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150113340881&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores_IT&refitem=150112351973&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget)
\

id hate to have these on the field

geekwarrior
04-18-2007, 10:03 PM
hmmm......i sense bad things coming from these. although maybe i'll buy a few for those players that wipe :argh:

Ninjeff
04-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh thats just fantastic. Read the guys description, evidently he misses the point of us "good paintball players" and emailing him about how dangerous this could be.

Great, wonderful, grand the LAPD used them for riot control. Yippy.

What worries me is some loser teenager getting these and thinking it would be funny to use them on the field.

wjr
04-18-2007, 10:17 PM
My favorite:

"I have been shot by one and they are like being hit with a ball peen hammer"

Ninjeff
04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
i sent a gripe to ebay.

skife
04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
My favorite:

"I have been shot by one and they are like being hit with a ball peen hammer"

mine is

"These destroy beer cans!"

neppo1345
04-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Talk about a bonus ball.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Reported it to ebay as well. Don't know if they will do anything, however I cannot see anything good happening after someone buys them.

geekwarrior
04-18-2007, 10:38 PM
well one of us has to buy some so we have his addy when we get hit by these on the field.

Tao
04-18-2007, 10:39 PM
FYI....I am sure they would constitute a "prohibited weapon" in most Canadian jurisdictions along the lines of any kind of pepper spray, nunchucks and throwing stars (to name a few). These weapons cannot be used even in self defense (yes pepper spray is prohibited as a self defence weapon) at least where I am (Saskatchewan). I am not familiar with the specifics of these laws, but I wouldn't be surprised if bringing them over the boarder would be trouble. Again just a heads up for any felow Canadians who might have ideas :P

LOL they are located in Canada. I don't think he knows what he is talking about that they can be used as a self defence weapon.

Ninjeff
04-18-2007, 10:39 PM
remember when the Red Sox won the worlds series a few years back and that girl died from the police attempting to gain control of the mass party riots? She was shot with one of these.

BigTrucker
04-18-2007, 11:27 PM
What worries me is some loser teenager getting these and thinking it would be funny to use them on the field. If that happens to me i think i would go Cho Seung-Hui's on the kid :cuss: <----i know it was a bad joke but i had to say it. :D

teufelhunden
04-18-2007, 11:27 PM
So, they're great for target practice at the bargain price of only $.998 [shipped] each?

HOORAY

WalkingTarget
04-18-2007, 11:29 PM
yeah.... i'm waiting to get this guy's addy, that way i can report him to his city's PD department.

he's a 70km drive from me, which puts him uncomfortable close to me for finding these on local fields

skife
04-18-2007, 11:36 PM
remember when the Red Sox won the worlds series a few years back and that girl died from the police attempting to gain control of the mass party riots? She was shot with one of these.

i thought it was beanbags fired out of a 12ga.

Rudz
04-19-2007, 12:21 AM
i thought it was beanbags fired out of a 12ga.
no it was an fn303 with rubber balls, the fn303 was since retired from the boston pd, after its one and only use...do a search, we had a thread on it a while back

Dark Side
04-19-2007, 12:35 AM
hmmm......i sense bad things coming from these. although maybe i'll buy a few for those players that wipe :argh:

Just use marbles. :rolleyes:

Tao
04-19-2007, 12:48 AM
yeah.... i'm waiting to get this guy's addy, that way i can report him to his city's PD department.

he's a 70km drive from me, which puts him uncomfortable close to me for finding these on local fields

Yeah I was going to phone the RCMP about it, but I think as it stands it is legal. His selling them may be illegal, but I doubt they are specifically controlled. You may be able to possess them but if they are used as a weapon it would be illegal. Like I said pepper spray is not allowed to be used even in self defence (against another person), but you can freely buy "bear repellant" which is of course pepper spray. It most likely is the same case here.

SummaryJudgement
04-19-2007, 01:11 AM
I like how the guy seems mildly peeved about people contacting him with the correction
:rofl:

He might as well be selling steel ball earings!

MedicDVG
04-19-2007, 01:56 AM
I know that there are those out there who say "Wouldnt these be great for a self defense product? Wouldnt they have no overspray like mace or legal issues like a Taser?" These are both true but in the spirit of co-operation I have to repeat that these are sold as a steel core rubber bullet for target practice out of paintball guns. Not as a paintball. They have no paint in them. I even listed them under Hunting goods , no longer as a paintball item. Now would the good paintballers quit emailing me. By the way the LAPD use Tippmann paintball markers to launch these at protesters ( maybe you should email them next)

hahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha :clap:

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by eBay listing
I know that there are those out there who say "Wouldnt these be great for a self defense product? Wouldnt they have no overspray like mace or legal issues like a Taser?" These are both true but in the spirit of co-operation I have to repeat that these are sold as a steel core rubber bullet for target practice out of paintball guns. Not as a paintball. They have no paint in them. I even listed them under Hunting goods , no longer as a paintball item. Now would the good paintballers quit emailing me. By the way the LAPD use Tippmann paintball markers to launch these at protesters ( maybe you should email them next)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WalkingTarget
04-19-2007, 06:37 AM
the very fact he has sold them as a 'self defense product' makes it illegal.... he's distributing with intent.

it's no diferent than saying

"i'm selling these high-voltage capacitor thingies that make a pretty light show when you press the button. now i know you're thinking 'hey, that would make a great taser for self defense', but i'm listing these under 'household goods' to be co-operative"

nah, his PD will be recieving a call

Lohman446
04-19-2007, 06:52 AM
They are intended to make something a weapon - that is there intent.

If enough people complain to e-bay they will get pulled. E-bay is sensitive to consumer complaints :P.

BigEvil
04-19-2007, 07:03 AM
The seller updated his listing;

After much complaining by a few purist paintballers we have decided to redo our listings for these rubber bullets that we previously sold as "steel core tactical paintballs' They are in fact a riot control steel core rubber bullet of 68 caliber size that were designed by Tactical Solutions to be fired from any Paintball Marker. They do not have any paint in them. Therefore they are not paintballs . Fine Point Taken quit writing me.

pyrodragon
04-19-2007, 07:17 AM
i'm all for self protection, but with all the problems with firearns, this is by far better solution to firearms. in the right hands it wouldn't be misuse. in most states it's illegal for a person under 18 to buy bbs, paintballs, pellets or CO2. i wouldn't mind having some with a PGP. lot better than killing the person or badly injurying the person. another point is when kids get ahold of firearms. it's going to injury a child but you great reduce the chance of the child being seriously hurt or even worst dead. with a firearm, a child only needs to find a bullet. with these the child has to find the balls and the air supply. now most kids can figure it out but it takes them longer to figure out where the two are. but the best solution to that is educating the child about firearm safety rather it be a real firearm or a paintball marker. personally i much rather have the rubber balls over any firearm in my house. that's my 2 cents.

mobsterboy
04-19-2007, 07:24 AM
finally a use for my pgp pump pistol! I can see this ending badly for anyone I decide to lock and load for...

Lohman446
04-19-2007, 07:27 AM
i'm all for self protection, but with all the problems with firearns, this is by far better solution to firearms. in the right hands it wouldn't be misuse. in most states it's illegal for a person under 18 to buy bbs, paintballs, pellets or CO2. i wouldn't mind having some with a PGP. lot better than killing the person or badly injurying the person. another point is when kids get ahold of firearms. it's going to injury a child but you great reduce the chance of the child being seriously hurt or even worst dead. with a firearm, a child only needs to find a bullet. with these the child has to find the balls and the air supply. now most kids can figure it out but it takes them longer to figure out where the two are. but the best solution to that is educating the child about firearm safety rather it be a real firearm or a paintball marker. personally i much rather have the rubber balls over any firearm in my house. that's my 2 cents.

One danger of these is the fact people mistake them for NON-lethal. They are less lethal, but they are still a lethal projectile fully capable of serious injury / death.

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 07:29 AM

Its all about safety and responsiblilty.
I think i will keep my 9mm.
If someone is breaking into my house....trying to hurt my family! I'd say they are lucky i dont grab the 12 guage.
but if you feel that a few welts will do the job....goodluck

P.S paintball guns should fire paintballs.. thats it!!

thecavemankevin
04-19-2007, 07:53 AM
If that happens to me i think i would go Cho Seung-Hui's on the kid :cuss: <----i know it was a bad joke but i had to say it. :D

dude, hahahahahaha lets make a joke about one of the worst villans in our countries history only a few days after he viciously murdered 32 innocent people. Dude you're so awesome :clap:

ps: welcome to AO :shooting:

Chris_automag_07
04-19-2007, 08:48 AM
If that happens to me i think i would go Cho Seung-Hui's on the kid :cuss: <----i know it was a bad joke but i had to say it. :D
just get the hell off the forum you *POOF*. How could you even find that remotely funny. Grow up.

edit....NO SWEARING. see ya in Five Days

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 08:52 AM
It was Just to soon. :nono: even letterman isnt touching this one!
oh and by the way.....NOT EVEN FUNNY.
YOUR A TOOL

Great pic thecavemankevin

grEnAlEins
04-19-2007, 09:03 AM
:clap: I LOL'd

Oh, and BigTrucker... You, sir, are a douche. :nono:

mostpeople
04-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Just FYI, in america if you use these you will be guiltly of battery...

as in, if you see someone using these you call the police and tell them, and they WILL go to jail.

Rudz
04-19-2007, 10:16 AM
oh great, hes selling these to..

linky (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150113326673&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores_IT&refitem=150113340881&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget)

geekwarrior
04-19-2007, 10:19 AM
he's a reeeal douche.

thecavemankevin
04-19-2007, 02:00 PM
It was Just to soon. :nono: even letterman isnt touching this one!
oh and by the way.....NOT EVEN FUNNY.
YOUR A TOOL

thanx, too bad it got pulled down...meh

grEnAlEins
04-19-2007, 04:01 PM
oh great, hes selling these to..

linky (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150113326673&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores_IT&refitem=150113340881&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget)
and these and these!!

link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150114058208&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores_IT&refitem=150113326673&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget)

Rudz
04-19-2007, 04:06 PM
those are bullets, these were being sold as paintballs, and isnt red fill banned by most fields? because of the fact it looks like blood...

grEnAlEins
04-19-2007, 04:09 PM
those are bullets, these were being sold as paintballs, and isnt red fill banned by most fields? because of the fact it looks like blood...
they are indeed bullets. I know that the red paintballs are being sold as paintballs. I was just showing the auction to show that he was an idiot, and selling alot of this sort of thing. I think many fields have banned red paint, but I have not tried to use it ever.

Dark Side
04-19-2007, 04:19 PM

Or you could just teach your children gun control and respect for a weapon. I'm with Mongoose, if you try to get into my home; you will not be breathing when you leave.

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Or you could just teach your children gun control and respect for a weapon. I'm with Mongoose, if you try to get into my home; you will not be breathing when you leave.
:cheers:

RvB Caboose
04-19-2007, 06:47 PM

I personally haven't heard of a field that allows red paint. Blood just isn't a good association with paintball. :ninja:

The only time someone used red paint at my field the owner commented "When I find out who's got it I'm going to wring their neck!" :mad:

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 07:05 PM
this guy is a tool, i bet he sells tear gas next " it makes a great smoke bomb" :tard:

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 07:11 PM
i have no problem with the rubber bullets, people are actually buying the paintballs, im thinking about just bidding so no one gets them...my feedback will take a hit but its worth it!
where is he from? i dont want him at any field i play at!

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 07:43 PM
I am not listing them as paintball items. I guess you cannot read that well. They are listed under hunting items guess you didnt check, oh yeah and ebay allows real bullets to be sold... just a guess but maybe just maybe they might hurt if you get shot with one of those too. As to the police call em, unitl you put my rubber balls inot your WEAPON they are just rubber balls(with a metal core) quite harmless. I dont profess to give a crap about your sport, I simply sell something that fits your weapon. thats right weapon.. cuz nobody has ever done a drive by with regular paintballs. get off your high horse and go play your war games... while your at it complain to evrybody else who sells items that could be misused ie walmart sells baseball bats, or knives, hell lets just ban everything that could be misused.. even better just to prevent Paintballers from casuing harm with their WEAPONs lets just ban the sport altogether. Get a life

This is a response i got from him!!!!! :mad:
What a Tool

d4m4don3
04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I am not listing them as paintball items. I guess you cannot read that well. They are listed under hunting items guess you didnt check, oh yeah and ebay allows real bullets to be sold... just a guess but maybe just maybe they might hurt if you get shot with one of those too. As to the police call em, unitl you put my rubber balls inot your WEAPON they are just rubber balls(with a metal core) quite harmless. I dont profess to give a crap about your sport, I simply sell something that fits your weapon. thats right weapon.. cuz nobody has ever done a drive by with regular paintballs. get off your high horse and go play your war games... while your at it complain to evrybody else who sells items that could be misused ie walmart sells baseball bats, or knives, hell lets just ban everything that could be misused.. even better just to prevent Paintballers from casuing harm with their WEAPONs lets just ban the sport altogether. Get a life

What a Tool
Drive by with regular paintballs? Why yes it's been done. And people have been hurt by them, this guys gonna cause a lot of people grief and quite possibly killed cause some dummy thinks it would be fun to shoot people with rubber bullets.

BTW whats the law on exportng fire arms across the Canadian border? Does anyone know?

emumikey
04-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Hell Survivors in Michigan is field paint only. They have their own brand, I think its made for them by Draxxus. It is red and advertised as "BLOOD RED FILL!"

I am not very happy about this but the field is well respected and does an excellent job promoting safety, regardless of their marketing strategy.

http://www.hellsurvivors.com/Index%20Page/Field%20Paint%20Only.htm

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Drive by with regular paintballs? Why yes it's been done. And people have been hurt by them, this guys gonna cause a lot of people grief and quite possibly killed cause some dummy thinks it would be fun to shoot people with rubber bullets.

BTW whats the law on Importing fire arms across the Canadian border? Does anyone know?

my girlfriends car was lit up by just paintballs and they left many dents?
remember those kids that videotaped themselves going around shooting people
im not sure, he said he was jsut selling the ball, but there is intent!

txaggie08
04-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah the first time I get hit with one of those, I'm filing assault with a deadly weapon charges against the puke that shot it.....

BigTrucker
04-19-2007, 08:53 PM
just get the hell off the forum you *POOF*. How could you even find that remotely funny. Grow up.

edit....NO SWEARING. see ya in Five DaysSorry you could not take a joke Chris_automag_07. If you lost someone i am sorry for your loss, It was just a joke. :D :dance:

Ninjeff
04-19-2007, 09:07 PM

What a Tool

Honestly, thats fine. I say i will buy every single one of these he has...for double the price....
if he meets me on the field so i can show him what would happen if these things made it to the field. Ill even cap the ROF for him. 15 bps worth of "steel core paintballs". Lets see how he feels then.
Why?
Well because if these things make it to a field, any field, i want him to know how it will feel.

AirAssault
04-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Sorry you could not take a joke Chris_automag_07. If you lost someone i am sorry for your loss, It was just a joke. :D :dance:

I thought it was kinda funny.

Tao
04-20-2007, 02:22 AM
Honestly, thats fine. I say i will buy every single one of these he has...for double the price....
if he meets me on the field so i can show him what would happen if these things made it to the field. Ill even cap the ROF for him. 15 bps worth of "steel core paintballs". Lets see how he feels then.
Why?
Well because if these things make it to a field, any field, i want him to know how it will feel.

I gave my local field owner a heads up

Tao
04-20-2007, 02:33 AM

BTW whats the law on exportng fire arms across the Canadian border? Does anyone know?

He would need a licence for sure. However I doubt bullets are considered firearms just guns themselves. probably needs a licence for ammunition anyway and I bet he has one.

Desega
04-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Keep reporting him to ebay. If enough people complain he will be kicked off.

skife
04-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Hell Survivors in Michigan is field paint only. They have their own brand, I think its made for them by Draxxus. It is red and advertised as "BLOOD RED FILL!"

I am not very happy about this but the field is well respected and does an excellent job promoting safety, regardless of their marketing strategy.

http://www.hellsurvivors.com/Index%20Page/Field%20Paint%20Only.htm

you beat me to it.

but anywho, give the guy a break, its not like he's promoting violence, he just came acrost some police riot gear and is selling it. is it really that much of a crime? Come to think of it, those would be really nice in a PGP for a non-deadly home defense.

i think you guys are taking this a little extreme here.
surely there are other places to get these things than this guy on ebay, why don't you harass them for awhile.

WalkingTarget
04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
selling rubber bullets like that is illegal in canada, as they are intended for use on humans, not targets.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
04-20-2007, 10:37 AM
but anywho, give the guy a break, its not like he's promoting violence, he just came acrost some police riot gear and is selling it. is it really that much of a crime? Come to think of it, those would be really nice in a PGP for a non-deadly home defense.

i think you guys are taking this a little extreme here.
surely there are other places to get these things than this guy on ebay, why don't you harass them for awhile.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but the reason I'm complaining about this is because I know people who think it would be funny to use these.

Back when I use to ref at the Sudden Impact I caught stupid little kids shooting frozen paintballs or gumballs or marbles more often than you would think. With these floating around the paintball community it would be only a matter of time before something bad happened. Seeing a news cast titled "Boy Killed at Local Paintball Field" is not what I call good publicity.

LegumeOfTerror
04-20-2007, 11:31 AM
i bought some just cause... thinking they may be good for squirrels/rabbits or something. wither way they should be fun to mess around with.

thecavemankevin
04-20-2007, 11:41 AM
i bought some just cause... thinking they may be good for squirrels/rabbits or something. wither way they should be fun to mess around with.

must get vid!

WalkingTarget
04-20-2007, 11:41 AM
the very fact he suggests they're useful for home defense is illegal, never mind that he's selling prohibited ammunition.

grEnAlEins
04-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Come to think of it, those would be really nice in a PGP for a non-deadly home defense.
There's a great idea :tard: Sorry, but in a home defense situation I would attempt to neutralize the threat, not give it a bruise. My Benelli will suffice.

Think of it now, somebody puts these into a PGP and uses them at your field. You would not be a happy camper. What if it were to hit you in the throat with one of these? You would would not be a happy camper. What if one of the PBN kiddies put them into his Ego/DM/whatever and shot with an uncapped ramp? or even 15bps? In either case, you would not be a happy camper.

Also non-deadly is not a word that can accurately describe these. They can, and have, killed people. They are less likely to be deadly than a gunshot, but they can be deadly nonetheless.

Raven001
04-20-2007, 11:48 AM

Firearms are restricted up here so whoever is buying yours needs to have a Firearms Acquisition Certificate. Once it crosses the border, it will be held up at customs. If your using FedEx or something similar, they will notify you that it is here and you need to get the proper paperwork to have it released.

Now this may not happen exactly this way but it should be close. The receiver of the gun will need to go to their local police force department office that deals with firearms registration and show them a receipt for payment of the weapon giving its description and serial number. They will then issue a transport permit (and possibly something else for customs) that allows the new owner to pick up the gun and transport it back to the police. They will then verify that he gun is not stolen, been used in a crime and is within what is allowed here in Canada. If everything is kosher, you get another transport permit allowing you to take it to your place of residence.

More or less this is what happens. I have never imported a weapon so I may be a little off on the exact sequence of events but for a normal buy, that is what I have gone through.

WalkingTarget
04-20-2007, 12:07 PM
heh..

International Trade student here...

you can import any weapon into canada, even RPGs and the like... the sticking point is that you need to have the correct licencing... for instance, military grade ordenance can only be purchased by the military, same with police grade equipment.

the procedure will differ provence to provence, but the weapon will have to cross the border with a bonded carrier, and will have to be delivered to a location that has the licencing to handle the transfer of the weapon.

in general, you can only import items like long guns (ie. rifles and shotguns) and pistols (with heavy restrictions)

semi-autos are permited in canada, but high capacity magazines are illegal without the equivalent of a 'Class 3' firearms licence

Raven001
04-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I presumed that d4m4don3 was not exporting to an licensed importer and dealt with what a normal citizen would have to go through. Since I have never bought from outside the country I may have an item or two a little fuzzy but the basics are there...

WalkingTarget
04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
it's basically the same as buying from a private owner... you have to ship it between licenced shops. i'd have to go to the particular regulations, but it't not as hard as you'd think, just need to have the right documentation.

it is expensive though, as you have to go through customs brokers (or know someone who can fill out the paper work)

cyrus-the-virus
04-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Sorry you could not take a joke Chris_automag_07. If you lost someone i am sorry for your loss, It was just a joke. :D :dance:

A very bad one. jerk.

bryceeden
04-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Lets all just threaten E-bay. Tell them that the first time we see a news cast of someone being shot by these we will ALL contact the vicim and trace the balls to where purchased and make sure EVERYONE(includeing ebay if they allowed the sale) involved in the sale is sued for it. Enough threats and they'll pull his auctions pretty quick.(J/K E-bay will probably take care of it pretty quick anyway)

I run a tourney circuit, you have no idea how screwed I'd be if someone snuck these onto my field and shot someone with it. Even though I didn't have knowledge of it and make everyone sign a very comprehensive waiver it wouldn't take long for a lawyer to take me for everything I own. Not to mention the damage done to the person hit with them, damage done to the sport by the media, and all the other crap that would flow freely from a disater like that. Red fill paint is bad enough as there is no reason for it at all, but atleast it doesn't do irreprible damage. This guy is litterally dangorous and a menace to society.

Rudz
04-21-2007, 11:53 PM
i reported him to ebay, and sent ebay an email, and the seller an email, " i hope he drives off and cliff and dies, and a deer comes by and poops in his mouth"...

Dover
04-22-2007, 02:40 PM
1999 WTO Summit - the World Trade Organization Summit was besieged by protesters in 1999, I saw footage on TV of these rubber projectiles being used on people. Tons of video footage at www.youtube.com

These were used as I mentioned in 1999 by the Seattle Police Department. SPD officers were sent out equipped with Tippmann Pro Carbine .68 paintball markers with simple 200 round gravity loaders filled with these things. They were seen on TV blasting away at protesters and vandals.

The damage to the Seattle downtown district was horrendous, millions of dollars in damage from looting to shattered glass to commercial properties like Starbuck's and The Gap. Apprently these things hurt like a son of a biatch and caused substantial bruising as well as incapacitating a person, can't remember if it was a hit to the head or chest...

skife
04-22-2007, 02:45 PM
1999 WTO Summit - the World Trade Organization Summit was besieged by protesters in 1999, I saw footage on TV of these rubber projectiles being used on people. Tons of video footage at www.youtube.com

These were used as I mentioned in 1999 by the Seattle Police Department. SPD officers were sent out equipped with Tippmann Pro Carbine .68 paintball markers with simple 200 round gravity loaders filled with these things. They were seen on TV blasting away at protesters and vandals.

The damage to the Seattle downtown district was horrendous, millions of dollars in damage from looting to shattered glass to commercial properties like Starbuck's and The Gap. Apprently these things hurt like a son of a biatch and caused substantial bruising as well as incapacitating a person, can't remember if it was a hit to the head or chest...

they should have used revvy's

Dover
04-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Aaww dude, could you imagine if they used a force-feed, like even the HALO 1...

or a paintball enthusiast on the SPD slapping an E-Grip on his Tippmann?

They were just firing into the crowd, some were targeting specific protesters, but it was like thousands of unruly protesters against a couple hundred law enforcement, even Corrections personnel were called in!

The dude trying to sell these rubber projectiles is just trying to make an honest buck, would you rather him grow and sell or smuggle our great Canadian marijuana instead?

Mongoose
04-22-2007, 03:06 PM

They were just firing into the crowd, some were targeting specific protesters, but it was like thousands of unruly protesters against a couple hundred law enforcement, even Corrections personnel were called in!

The dude trying to sell these rubber projectiles is just trying to make an honest buck, would you rather him grow and sell or smuggle our great Canadian marijuana instead?
YES!!! :ninja:

Dover
04-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Hehe, I (heart) bud!!! It's in my Custom User Title - Blaze Away All Day!! :D

Don't forget to drink plenty of water, doctor recommends eight cups a day! :spit_take

bentothejam1n
04-22-2007, 04:29 PM
not sure if this has been said yet but if that steel ball was off center at all, when shot, it would go all over the place

skife
04-22-2007, 04:37 PM
YES!!! :ninja:

QFT!!!

WalkingTarget
04-22-2007, 04:45 PM

and you know what? if used by the cops they would be great, problem being this guy is distributing them to anybody with a credit card or e-bay account.

now the guy who could never get his hands on a real gun can just run down to Canadian Tire or Walmart, pick up something with an E-grip and go on a rampage.

if anybody here has ordered them, try getting shot by them at 300fps.. i've been hit by a pepperball, and those are bad enough, just try getting hit by something with a steel core.

This is a bloody POLICE item, not something that should be able to be purchased by a 14 year old.

skife
04-22-2007, 04:55 PM
This is a bloody POLICE item, not something that should be able to be purchased by a 14 year old.

you have to be at least 18 to get an ebay account.

WalkingTarget
04-22-2007, 05:27 PM
huh.... all you need is a credit card for an Ebay account...

bentothejam1n
04-22-2007, 05:44 PM
you have to be at least 18 to get an ebay account.
people can lie about their age

and you dont necessarily need a credit card for ebay

Dover
04-22-2007, 09:57 PM
QFT!!!

Forgive me for asking, but what is QFT?

Yeah, there should be some kind of restriction or policing imposed by eBay, for they were they place from which this person is providing these items. Besides, eBay is a trust-based system; they trust the seller and buyer are going to be doing legitimate things, not causing pre-meditated injury.

So then it is up to us to be vigilant and professional when coming across someone who is not as well-versed in ethics and morals. It is like the heroes of Virginia Tech (God Bless you all) who stepped forward to act rather than condemn. Instead of being reactive, we should be pro-active; teach our friends and acquaintances, and even complete strangers, to embrace each other. (yes I am stoned. :headbang: )

But it is true, you could potentially buy these off eBay, then run out to your local Wal-Mart and grab a $25 12-gram Brass Eagle Talon or whatever, and hurt somebody real bad, and with our lax punishments it would only be a slap on the wrist, and then we would see paintball markers being pulled from public stores, btw Wal-Mart is prohibited from selling firearms or ammunition in Canada.

Lohman446
04-23-2007, 05:24 AM
Forgive me for asking, but what is QFT?

Yeah, there should be some kind of restriction or policing imposed by eBay, for they were they place from which this person is providing these items. Besides, eBay is a trust-based system; they trust the seller and buyer are going to be doing legitimate things, not causing pre-meditated injury.

QFT is Quoted For Truth.

As to e-bay recording incredible corporate profits and then hiding behind some "trust based" nonsense to try to avoid responsibility: :confused:

E-bay (probably) will pull these, they tend to pull on the side of safety.

LegumeOfTerror
04-23-2007, 10:16 AM
i better get mine first...

RT Old School
04-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Ive never read such utter nonsense in my life.

Why all the freakin' uproar over this guy's sale? If someone is going to be a jerk and use their marker irresponsibly, what difference is it whether they use these rubber balls or a sack of marbles? (I prefer to get hit by a rubber ball, thank you) All the effort and *****ing and moaning and threats to call his local PD...so what? Does his selling these things drastically increase the odds that you are going to get hit with one on the paintball field? I seriously doubt it. If someone is going to play the fool, they can just as easily do it with marbles or ball bearings. Should we ban the sale of them?

By hassling and inhibiting his sale, you are preventing responsible people who may be able to put his product to good use from doing so. If someone wanted a less than lethal way to protect themselves, this could very well be an option. I don't subscribe to it personally, but I respect the rights of those who do.

Edit........*****ing, ***** Yup thats cussing. Its called activating the filter.

Dover
04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it's just unfortunate that the seller is catching so much flak, but then again it's like going around selling pictures of little kids, it's cute in one sense and creepy (if not downright illegal) in another sense.

Lohman446
04-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Ive never read such utter nonsense in my life.

Why all the freakin' uproar over this guy's sale? If someone is going to be a jerk and use their marker irresponsibly, what difference is it whether they use these rubber balls or a sack of marbles? (I prefer to get hit by a rubber ball, thank you) All the effort and *****ing and moaning and threats to call his local PD...so what? Does his selling these things drastically increase the odds that you are going to get hit with one on the paintball field? I seriously doubt it. If someone is going to play the fool, they can just as easily do it with marbles or ball bearings. Should we ban the sale of them?

By hassling and inhibiting his sale, you are preventing responsible people who may be able to put his product to good use from doing so. If someone wanted a less than lethal way to protect themselves, this could very well be an option. I don't subscribe to it personally, but I respect the rights of those who do.

Because projectile weapons are banned from E-bay? Of course, some of us care about rules (such as the rules against cursing on this board), some of you apparently don't.

RT Old School
04-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Because projectile weapons are banned from E-bay? Of course, some of us care about rules (such as the rules against cursing on this board), some of you apparently don't.

Ebay okays the sale of BB's and Pellets for those guns. They arent rubber coated.

You completely ignored the argument that if someone is going to make a decision to misuse a paintball gun for nefarious means, there is not much you can do to stop him. Such a person is obviously sick in the head and will find a way to achieve their mischief. Stop harassing this guy.

Swearing? I didnt see any swearing.

Did a series of asterisks in a row offend your sensibilities? Is that what you have devolved to?

Quit your *****ing.

WalkingTarget
04-24-2007, 06:36 PM
too bad.

guy is located in canada and is breaking canadian law.

even if it is legal in the us, what he is doing is illegal here, thusly he should be stopped.

RT Old School
04-24-2007, 09:10 PM
guy is located in canada and is breaking canadian law.

even if it is legal in the us, what he is doing is illegal here, thusly he should be stopped.

Do you know for certain that it is against Canadian law to sell these items? I spent the evening scouring the web for info on Canada's weapon's laws and did not find anything that specifically ruled out the sale of these items.

Yes, non-lethal weapons are unlawful in Canuckville, but I would imagine that it is the act of loading these into a paintball gun and firing them is the unlawful act, not the buying and selling of rubber coated steel spheroids. The same illegal act could be accomplished with a trip to a local hardware or toy store.

Before you start reporting this guy to Terrence and Phillip, lets see if you have the correct information. I am very interested in reading something from the govt that states specifically that he is committing an unlawful act by posting something on Ebay.

SCpoloRicker
04-24-2007, 09:18 PM

Did a series of asterisks in a row offend your sensibilities? Is that what you have devolved to?

Quit your *****ing.

Well, it probably didn't bother him much, but the mods may feel differently. eBay will pull the auction, as it violates their terms of use.

Dover
04-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I own a copy of the Canada Criminal Code as I used to be in the military (Canadian Armed Forces Reserve - 15th Field Royal Canadian Light Artillery Militia) and law enforcement (worked as a civilian in the RCMP Commercial Crime Unit, and held a Private Investigator's License)

The rubber-coated balls are NOT restricted in any way, they cannot be classified as firearms ammunition since a primer is not used nor is an explosive propellant used. Besides, ammunition is defined as being able to discharge either by rimfire or centerfire. This is a ball!!!

But like I said, it's just unfortunate that the seller is catching so much flak, but then again it's like going around selling pictures of little kids, it's cute in one sense and creepy (if not downright illegal) in another sense. Wanna buy some marijuana? I got lotsa, PM me!

It is up to us to be vigilant and professional when coming across someone who is not as well-versed in ethics and morals. It is like the heroes of Virginia Tech (God Bless you all) who stepped forward to act rather than condemn.

Instead of being reactive, we should be pro-active; teach our friends and acquaintances, and even complete strangers, to embrace each other. (yes I am stoned. :cool: )

AO Moderation Team
04-24-2007, 11:27 PM

Quit your *****ing.

Well you should have known it was cussing after the first time you typed it and saw these, *****ing. What do you mean you didnt see any swearing. Thats called activating the filter or cussing which you should know is not allowed. If you didnt you do now. Come back in five days and dont cuss when you post. If you see these **** you activated the filter. Of course you wouldnt type those right?

It offends AO because its cussing and it aint allowed.

Spread the word. AO is a cuss FREE Forum. Dont cuss or you WILL get a ban

Sorry for the interruption.

Carry On

Dover
04-24-2007, 11:34 PM
It is up to us to be vigilant and professional when coming across someone who is not as well-versed in ethics and morals.

WalkingTarget
04-25-2007, 09:09 AM
again dover, in and of itself, the idea of a ball with a steel core is just that, it is a ball with a steel core.

just the same as by itself a tazer is just a capacitance circuit with an activation switch.

fact of the matter, every day electronics contain circuits exactly like what is used in a tazer. but an actual tazer is illegal because it is a weapon designed to be used on humans.

So, while a steel cored rubber ball is not a weapon by itelf, by directing people to use these in a projectile launcher, it has become a weapon. moreover, by Ontario law, he can't sell BB's or like items to minors, which he has no way of certifying through Ebay.

the other problem is this fellow is selling 9mm and .45 ACP rubber bullets. You can't possibly escape the fact that this is real, live ammunition being sold through Ebay, moreover this ammunition is intended for use on human beings. A rubber bullet is not as accurate as it's lead counterpart, so there goes the idea of using it for target practice, and the idea that these won't pierce drywall is utter bull, as they have sufficient mass and speed to travle through drywall easily.

i wonder if you would be so defensive towards this seller if he was peddling brass knuckles as paper weights and saying "hey, they're also great for punching people with"

Mongoose
04-25-2007, 10:27 AM
i have one question: is it ok for me to go on ebay and sell marbles, and in my description i say they are great for shooting out of any paintball gun, and you can really destroy some cans :tard:
but im just selling marbles.
Just what our sport needs....more stupid people!!

Lohman446
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Selling things with the stated design of harming other people over e-bay is wrong - criminally and morally. You are selling these things to people you have no idea about, at all.

I don't understand the justification for it. Its ok because someone else might? Please tell me thats not an actual argument.

As to being offended by cussing or the **s. Not at all. I am terribly offended by people who cannot read and follow the rules of the board.