PDA

View Full Version : Retro valve in Emag question re: on-offs

koleah
04-18-2007, 10:32 PM
So I got a Retro Valve for use in an Emag, and it came with what I am guessing is the older style emag on-off, with 1 o-ring (non-quad) at one end and an aluminum circular top at the other end, instead of what I'm used to, which is the two o-rings, the inner of which is the quad, and a brass rectangular top at the other end.

The pin measures in at 0.721 inches. Is that right? I've seen .721 and .728 floating around, so I'm not sure which goes where.

Also, would I be better off to leave the 1 non-quad o-ring in there, or replace it with a quad o-ring (it won't fit two inside the valve since there's a "shelf" where the outer one would normally be.)

K

PS as an aside, what thread are the screws that hold the sight rail on? 8-32?

olinar
04-18-2007, 11:19 PM
ill help where i can, the site rail are indeed 8/32. lol sorry i cant help with emag

athomas
04-19-2007, 09:44 AM
The original emags used a .725" pin. The original emag and retro valves had a recess where the top on-off oring fit. The top on-off oring in the emag was a standard oring in the original emags. In later emags a quad oring was used in its place. The top oring (even for the single oring tops) can be a quad oring.

For your setup in an emag:

- use the quad oring in place of the urethane oring. Don't use the larger outer top oring.
- use the .721" pin that you have. It will work fine.