PDA

View Full Version : Intelli or no Intelli?

spike_ball999
04-19-2007, 12:16 AM
That's a big question I'm debating right now. Here's my thoughts and feelings:

I like the Intelliframe. I like the pull and the way it looks overall, however, many people have it with the same set up I do and I'm the kind of guy who likes things a little different.
Now, I have played my mag a bit with the single trigger and it was ok, but that was with the stock on/off. I now have the RT on/off making my pull pretty light. So, to maybe switch things up a bit, I was thinking about selling the Intelli and getting a 32 degrees single trigger frame. Still keeping the chrome.

So, what are your thoughts? IS there a big difference in speed and weight in mech between the single and double triggers? Thanks!

Hey, who knows, this may be just a phase. We all get them.

hmudd13
04-19-2007, 12:32 AM
If you don't have the 32 degrees frame yet, let me know if you want one. I have a brand new chrome one. Cheap and I'm in lakewood.

spike_ball999
04-19-2007, 01:07 AM
If you don't have the 32 degrees frame yet, let me know if you want one. I have a brand new chrome one. Cheap and I'm in lakewood.

Dude! Is there any way that I could maybe try it out? Meet up or something. I'll send you a PM.

SummaryJudgement
04-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Pics of set-up may help if this is only a cosmetic thing..............

spike_ball999
04-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Pics of set-up may help if this is only a cosmetic thing..............

Partially. As with everything I own, I want it to look good. I also want this to feel good of course. But one of the main things here is that I could get some extra cash from the Intelli/32 swap to help me get a new van and help my band too.

spike_ball999
04-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Anyone else?

madcrisis
04-19-2007, 09:39 PM
i love my intelli and gos great with my mag. and if ur shootig a mag ur alrady semi different. i have nevr seen or used a 32 degrees tho.

Dark Side
04-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Or you could get a benchmark.

spike_ball999
04-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Or you could get a benchmark.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm set on having a chrome frame and I've never liked the way the benchmarks look.

Anyway, I used some leftover air to really try out the difference between single and double trigger. I just was shooting using the top and bottom of the trigger. Either way was fine but I think I was slightly faster with the bottom.

Dewok82
04-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Personally, I'd stick with the Intelliframe.

It's an AGD product, so you know the quality and tolerances are top notch.

The double trigger does allow for a higher rate of fire.

If you get a 32* frame, you will need to find or harvest a single trigger from a different frame. I'm not sure if they come with a safety assembly or not.

32* isn't exactly well known for producing high quality products (it is a former NPS, now KEE brand).

I've had and abused a nickel plated Intelliframe for quite some time now and the plating has yet to chip or wear.

The Intelliframe has the Intellifeed mount. It is also one of the choice frames should you ever decide to go Pneumag.

The 32* frame will void your warranty (not a big deal, but it isn't an AGD sanctioned product).

I have seen chrome (maybe nickel, not sure) Benchmark single trigger frames. They aren't very common, but they do exist. You could always get a black one, strip it, and polish it up. I also can't see how you don't like the way they look as opposed to the 32* frames. The only cosmetic differences I've noticed are the 32* frames have an angled trigger guard and an awful 32* logo stamp.

These are my personal opinions. If you're really curious, just buy one. They go for like $15 shipped on ebay (plus the cost of a single trigger). If you don't like it, you can always sell it to the next guy. Just don't buy a Dye single trigger Automag frame.....tolerance NIGHTMARES.

spike_ball999
04-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Dewok! Thanks so much! That's one of the kind of answers I was looking for.

And now that I think about it, and have played with it, I think I'm sticking with the Intelli. I calculated it up and the price difference is only about $30, which isn't enough of a difference to justify getting the single trigger frame.