PDA

View Full Version : Decent Paint Prices?

Chaos_Theory!
04-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Its been a while since ive bought paint outside of a local field so im not sure whats good and what isnt. Ive done this to support local fields and shops but some of their prices are getting out of hand. Ive found a few places where i can get the paint listed below at the price listed. All i really need to know is if any are decent deals. Please list 1-8 and put yes or no as to whether or not its a good deal. Any positive help would be great, thanks.

All prices are per case (2000).

1. RP Mid Evil - $37
2. RP Premium - $40 (i think this one is high, so ive been told anyway).
3. Xball Bronze - $32
4. Draxxus Blaze - $32
5. Draxxus Rec Sport - $38
6. PMI Stinger - $34
7. Draxxus Midnight - $39
8. RPS Ultra Evil (from last years NPPL, hence the price) - $24

jenarelJAM
04-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Can I buy them from you at those prices?

Please?

Chaos_Theory!
04-19-2007, 12:49 AM
lol, sorry but thats not an option.

The reason the Ultra Evil is so cheap (and it is) is because its from last years NPPL. Im not sure if its worth buying anymore. Its a fairly thin shelled paint isnt it?

MoeMag
04-19-2007, 12:51 AM
/\ beat me to it.

RPS Ultra Evil for $24!? :eek:

Wow.

Yes it is VERY thin. It was a really nice paint.
IDK about now :tard: its probably badly dimpled

Chaos_Theory!
04-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Read though, theres a reason why. Im not sure if it makes any difference though, which is why im asking.

Yeah, im gonna have to find out if its dimpled or not.

ANYWAY, other than the ultra how are the prices?

djeto
04-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Our local field area had...

2. RP Premium - $40
~ similar to what is charged at local retail outlet chains

4. Draxxus Blaze - $32
~ we paid $60/case @ the field, it was there "top end box",
~ they switched to "Field Blaze" if i remember right, which is just field color only Blaze,
~ they then switched to Nelspot @ $45 as too many people still complained

5. Draxxus Rec Sport - $38
~this was always lower then Blaze at our fields, and similar to this price...I think $35/case

6. PMI MARBALIZER
~ like $60/case at local retail outlet

7. Draxxus Midnight - $39
~ this was our midgrade paint and at the same price $40-$45/case

...and I always blindly bought the Blaze @ $60 after bad time with the others, and now the field only stocks the Nelspot and lower.

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Prices arent bad
i get mine from orderpaintball.com
great prices...not sure if they are cheaper

pyrodragon
04-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Prices arent bad
i get mine from orderpaintball.com
great prices...not sure if they are cheaper

i have talked to some field owners and the reason why some paint prices have gone up is because the suppliers have upped their prices. but that could be their reasoning to adjust their prices...

the field i play at is BYOP, but their nightmare runs $60 per case. ran buy the cheap paint at wally world. bought impact last time and it shot very straight but then again i use a freak barrel system.

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 07:48 AM
i have talked to some field owners and the reason why some paint prices have gone up is because the suppliers have upped their prices. but that could be their reasoning to adjust their prices...

the field i play at is BYOP, but their nightmare runs $60 per case. ran buy the cheap paint at wally world. bought impact last time and it shot very straight but then again i use a freak barrel system.

have you looked on that site....orderpaintball.com
they are the cheapest ive seen
60 for nightmare is exactly that...a nightmare

bound for glory
04-19-2007, 08:09 AM
anybody shooting proball these days? :headbang:

rkjunior303
04-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Proball is now Procaps..

I wouldn't use year old Ultra Evil... That's stuff finicky as it is when it's fresh, I can't imagine how it gets when it's been sitting.

I still standbye Stinger as some of the best practice paint money can buy.

t0nnn
04-19-2007, 08:34 AM
i'm still goin strong with 32 degrees team colors for years now ...some of the best paint i've ever shot. you can get it on orderpaintball 5 cases for $120 since national stopped carrying it a long long time ago

Paint-Fool
04-19-2007, 11:19 AM
anybody shooting proball these days? :headbang:
I've used proball several times. Started using it last year actually and I like it.

Pballwizz
04-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Proball is now Procaps..

I wouldn't use year old Ultra Evil... That's stuff finicky as it is when it's fresh, I can't imagine how it gets when it's been sitting.

I still standbye Stinger as some of the best practice paint money can buy.

Beat me to it....

At one NEPL we had Ultra Evil and every gun was a flamethrower; and even though it was a chilly day I still wouldnt shoot it again. I mean, even the Trix's werent shooting it, and Ive seen those things shoot 3 year old, dimpled paint :wow:

MaD_SaM
04-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I wish I lived in any of your areas! The price for field paint where I normally go is $90 a case for Marballizer's

Chaos_Theory!
04-19-2007, 02:13 PM
I think im just gonna go with some Blaze. The general thought seems to be thats a good price.

I can get marbs for 45-50 a case i believe.

rkjunior303
04-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Beat me to it....

At one NEPL we had Ultra Evil and every gun was a flamethrower; and even though it was a chilly day I still wouldnt shoot it again. I mean, even the Trix's werent shooting it, and Ive seen those things shoot 3 year old, dimpled paint :wow:

hell, we couldnt use left over ultra evil from NPPL Boston the following week at practice.

CKY_Alliance
04-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Best deal I see above is the Xball Bronze..it always shoots good for me..but I pay about $50 a case...

but that's only when I dont have GAP on hand...that's good stuff..

Shane-O-Mac
04-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Those are all ggod prices.

and to put it in perspective, my first case of paint was $125 (2500rd) for what equals whitebox quality by todays standards. Coconut (White) Traccer paint (distributed by PMI), shot ok, but didnt taste or smell like Coconut.................. :rolleyes:

Mongoose
04-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Those are all ggod prices.

and to put it in perspective, my first case of paint was $125 (2500rd) for what equals whitebox quality by todays standards. Coconut (White) Traccer paint (distributed by PMI), shot ok, but didnt taste or smell like Coconut.................. :rolleyes:

Gonna date myself...but i remember paying $1 per ten ball tube ..thats $200 per case of 2000 :wow:

Pballwizz
04-19-2007, 09:56 PM
hell, we couldnt use left over ultra evil from NPPL Boston the following week at practice.

Haha,I made the mistake of trying to use it...ohhhhhh, maybe 3 to 4 weeks later.....
http://www.wpclipart.com/armed_services/weapons/portable_flamethrower.png

/RK...you mind if I hit you up on AIM?

Dark Side
04-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Gonna date myself...but i remember paying $1 per ten ball tube ..thats $200 per case of 2000 :wow:

You didn't happen to wear shop glasses did you?

rkjunior303
04-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Haha,I made the mistake of trying to use it...ohhhhhh, maybe 3 to 4 weeks later.....

/RK...you mind if I hit you up on AIM?

Sure, I should be around all day tomorrow. I'm usually on while at work.

hmudd13
04-20-2007, 12:44 AM
First time I played, it was $2 for an 8rd tube of .62cal.
Sheesh

Most of those prices above are pretty darn good.

skife
04-20-2007, 10:10 AM
i always liked evil paint.

only shot it a few times, but when i did shoot it i loved it.

looks like all those prices are awesome. around here Field paint (draxxas blaze) is like $55 a case i think.

DaFin
04-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Gonna slide in with the "old schoolers" here.. 100 rd bags for $8.

Played contuously from them till 2500 rd cases where $80-ish on a deal. Then took a vacation and now buy RP premium for under $35 a 2000 rd case.