PDA

View Full Version : Are these level 7 bolts?

Spider-TW
04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I think these are both level 7 bolts. The one that has a shorter 'collar' is from about 1990 and the one with a longer collar is from a 'classic'. Does someone know the story behind the difference in these bolts?

Thanks!

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/4/10823292388.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5266074)

Automagrt666
04-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Yah I have one of each of those, is there really any difference in terms of performance or breakage etc?

hmudd13
04-20-2007, 12:58 AM
I have 3 of those, and they are ALL different. Maybe a quality control thing? Does anyone know what the benefits or reasons are for the different lengths? :tard:

Spider-TW
04-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Yah I have one of each of those, is there really any difference in terms of performance or breakage etc?

That's what I'm wondering. The 'classic' bolt looks more like a 'foamy-less' bolt, which is why I originally upgraded to the level 7, which turned out to be the 'round nose' bolt. :confused:

I know the old round nose one can blow paint out of the power feed in a big way. I doubt that the difference was unintentional.

egb groupie
04-21-2007, 03:30 AM
My theory would be that they were trying to control the paintball from rolling forwards or backwards in the chamber.....just a theory though...I have the same 2 bolts

Tao
04-21-2007, 05:02 AM
I have both, I can't see how the longer one doesn't smash all the time. Also you can't put a foamy on it (too long) like you can with the other one.

athomas
04-24-2007, 10:11 AM
The foamy only takes up space to prevent the ball from rolling back. The long nose bolts were designed to replace the foamy. The foamy-less bolt used the same dimensions as the foamy. The long nose bolt put the tip farther into the breach to provide additional protection.

Spider-TW
04-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I should have put this with the picture...these bolts are practically the same length, 1.850 inches and 1.849 inches. The gas distribution must be different, with more gas directly on the ball with the longer sleeve. Maybe less blowback up the powerfeed too.

Person
06-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Back when I payed more attention to mags I knew the difference between the level 7 long nose and the short nose bolts.

Which one is the short nose, which one is the long nose? The collar part could be the nose, or the center piece, so either one could be the "long".

The long nose was later, and I remember it being considered a more refined design.