PDA

View Full Version : Macro line under trigger grip?

Railgun
04-20-2007, 06:07 PM
I've seen a couple of pics here or somewhere that showed Classics with macro line and the line was routed to go under the grip and up inside the trigger frame. Could anyone that's done this provide me with some hints on any trouble spots connected with this method?

I'm running a short drop for balance and tighter fit that works well so there won't be any issues with the lower run but I'm worried about the bending that'll be needed to get to the fitting at the top.

Pics would be super but I'll take anything you can offer.

angrysasquatch
04-20-2007, 08:54 PM
You might be better off using stainless braided hose with a quick disconnect on the valve end so you don't have to worry about the macro popping out from the increased pressure. Sounds like stainless hardline would work the best for this application so you dont have to worry about the line getting caught up in the sear.

Railgun
04-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Well, it's done.

I got a screaming good deal on a chrome race frame for an autococker. The idea being to try to get a more vertical grip for my Classic. Well, it turns out that the Race frame is just a regular 45 style but at least the double trigger has a pivot pin up near the top of the frame. And it's hollow like many alloy frames. So I milled and filed and Dremeled and now I've got my line running to the ASA on the drop through the frame. To make this work I had to file and Dremel out half round notches in the frame and clear Dye grips. Being clear I can see well enough to feed the macro line through without taking off the grips. All in all it was a pleasent shop night and I'm hoping to play with it tomorrow.

Sadly I can't seem to find my darn camera at the moment or there would be pics. I'll look around a bit more tomorrow.

Walrus
04-23-2007, 03:54 PM
It could be that those grips you saw had the air supply line coming out of the back of the top of the grip and right into the valve. These were called Euro grips (being made in Europe, I think specifically AGD-E made them or had them...I may be incorrect on that point). The bottom line that came off of the grip had an integrated air passage from the ASA through the grip up to the top back part of the grip where you could then create your connection to the valve.

I don't remember who, but someone (possibly Pneumagger) had created a grip that integrated with the ASA, but I think it was for a Pneumag setup and didn't route to the valve. I hope this helps.

Smoothice
04-23-2007, 05:59 PM
I've seen a couple of pics here or somewhere that showed Classics with macro line and the line was routed to go under the grip and up inside the trigger frame. Could anyone that's done this provide me with some hints on any trouble spots connected with this method?

I'm running a short drop for balance and tighter fit that works well so there won't be any issues with the lower run but I'm worried about the bending that'll be needed to get to the fitting at the top.

Pics would be super but I'll take anything you can offer.

I would like to see the guns that you are talking about.

It sounds more like a pneumag set up. The macroline connects to a lpr mounted inside the frame. The lpr then goes to the pneumatics.