PDA

View Full Version : gun doesnt cock??

varq
04-20-2007, 08:29 PM
sometimes after firing 20 rounds the gun stops firing as if it has no air supply... and sometime the ball drops out like four feet... what could be causing this?

Russ
04-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Sometimes people give all the pertinent info so they can get tech help, sometimes they don't.

Sometimes people go to the AGD website and read the instruction manuals and trouble shooting guides, sometimes they don't.

varq
04-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Sorry I dont know where to begin.. I am a newb and am learning... I have spent hours on automags reading and learning. I have recently added shims and changed the spring to the red spring to cut down on the chops.. (using a tac one with LX, ULT). But when I encountered this problem, i tired putting everything back to the way it was but it still does it now and then.. Not sure what else to do

going_home
04-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Sorry I dont know where to begin.. I am a newb and am learning... I have spent hours on automags reading and learning. I have recently added shims and changed the spring to the red spring to cut down on the chops.. (using a tac one with LX, ULT). But when I encountered this problem, i tired putting everything back to the way it was but it still does it now and then.. Not sure what else to do

Your tank have air ? Mags have to have above 800 psi in the tank or they wont fire.

varq
04-20-2007, 08:49 PM
yes fresh tank! (and when I mentioned I added shims I meant to say that Iadded shims to the ULT).. Im thinking it has to be the spring....

Spider-TW
04-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Sometimes people give all the pertinent info so they can get tech help, sometimes they don't.

Sometimes people go to the AGD website and read the instruction manuals and trouble shooting guides, sometimes they don't. :)

Got oil, varq?

I had a bottle reg that did something similar to me, but you had to give it time to bleed down between shots.

Coralis
04-21-2007, 10:06 AM
I used to have a problem like this with my mag when i first went to high pressure air , I was screwing the knob on the asa all the way in and it was pushing the air tanks regulator too far in and causing air flow problems , now i screw the knob in all the way and back it off about 3/4 of a turn and no problems.

varq
04-21-2007, 10:12 AM
i do drop 2 -3 drops of oil each week... and I use a remote line.. .. strange..

phizz
04-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I used to have a problem like this with my mag when i first went to high pressure air , I was screwing the knob on the asa all the way in and it was pushing the air tanks regulator too far in and causing air flow problems , now i screw the knob in all the way and back it off about 3/4 of a turn and no problems.

Try this. I had this problem as well and it was my on/off that was screwed in too tightly starving my valve.

I also used to have an on/off that would loosen up and unscrew on me.

phizz
04-21-2007, 10:39 AM

Sometimes people go to the AGD website and read the instruction manuals and trouble shooting guides, sometimes they don't.

Some people shouldn't bother replying

Some people should.

You are not one of them

athomas
04-21-2007, 02:57 PM
yes fresh tank! (and when I mentioned I added shims I meant to say that Iadded shims to the ULT).. Im thinking it has to be the spring....Too many shims in the ULT can cause bolt stick.

Check your level 10 tuning. Remove the powertube shims. Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. If you used a longer bolt spring, don't forget to increase the velocity setting.

varq
04-21-2007, 07:30 PM
i will try that thanks!!!!

Lomarandil
04-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Just to check..

you aren't shortstroking the trigger?

Tough to do with the ult, from what I understand.. but still possible I believe...

Lo

varq
04-22-2007, 06:22 AM
no i am not short stroking the trigger.... but it is easy to do

varq
04-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Ok Thanks for all the advice. Here is what I did that fixed the problem. I trimmed the large spring a bit so that it is a little bit shorter than the red spring but longer than the stock spring. I also limited the shimd in the ULT to 4 ULT Shims and 1 LVL10 shim. I also increased the velocity a bit and preto the gun works fine.. no sticking and cocks everytime! Thanks all for the advice.