PDA

View Full Version : Full Auto Fun...NOT!

robnix
04-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Brand new Tac One. When I first got it, it fired fine. Tonight, testing everything before playing tomorrow, I gassed it up and it went full auto whenever I held the trigger down. So I started removing shims from the ULT. Still the same problem, so I put the shims back. Put an RT/pro on/off in it. STILL full auto. So grabbed the Xvalve from my Emag, and I put the ULT from the Tac One in it. Stuck that Valve in the Tac One and guess what. NO full auto...So the other X Valve with the ULT in it works fine.

So I have to guess it's something with the Level 10. I don't know what. So I pull one shim after another until there's no shims in the Level 10. Full Auto everytime. I change the springs, full auto everytime. Of course with no shims, the bolt won't stop on anything, so I have to put shims back in until it stops on my squeegee again.

I'm stuck. I've done just about everything I can think of, but the only thing that works is a different valve.

One more question. Should the ULT tighten or stay loose when you screw it back together?

Pneumagger
04-20-2007, 11:56 PM
The ULT should be a bit loose after you screw it the maximum amount unless you have ridiculously amount shims in it.

If I were you I would unscrew the reg half from that xvalve. check the to be sure the little brass oring seat and oring are intact and sealing. If the feedback oring and brass seat are not sealing, it will go full auto. Lube that sucker up and reinstall it identically to how you see it on your other valve. If i'm right I get a date with your sister :ninja:

Let us know what's up.

/tell her I'm an aeries ;)

robnix
04-21-2007, 12:07 AM
The ULT should be a bit loose after you screw it the maximum amount unless you have ridiculously amount shims in it.

If I were you I would unscrew the reg half from that xvalve. check the to be sure the little brass oring seat and oring are intact and sealing. If the feedback oring and brass seat are not sealing, it will go full auto. Lube that sucker up and reinstall it identically to how you see it on your other valve. If i'm right I get a date with your sister :ninja:

Let us know what's up.

Done. Thanks, I won't be able to test until tomorrow though, don't want to wake the Munchkin. I don't know what I'll do if you're right though, my sister just got married, and I'd hate to have to explain to my new brother in law why she's getting all cleaned up for a date...

"dude, you don't understand! it was my XVALVE!!"

robnix
04-21-2007, 09:01 PM

Let us know what's up.

So get this. It went full auto first thing this morning, so I put the ULT in my other Xvalve and everything was fine, played through the morning that way. During lunch I put the ULT back in the Xvalve I was having problems with just to see what would happen, and everything worked fine...

PhoenixWolf
04-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Sounds to me like your on/off pin is missing. The rest of the assembly may be there, but if the pin is missing it will go full auto.

Pneumagger
04-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Sounds to me like your on/off pin is missing. The rest of the assembly may be there, but if the pin is missing it will go full auto.

If the pin was missing there would be an intense leak out of the frame of the mag.