PDA

View Full Version : re hydro questions

meshark
04-22-2007, 05:21 PM
My air tank needs a rehyrdo i just had some general questions about it. I live in the KC Mo area and the closest shop to me wants $45 buck for a rehyrdo, I didn't know if this price was average, good or bad. I'm not sure what they do in a rehyrdo asides from I can use the tank for a few more years, should he replace the o-rings as well? Thanks in advance

Tao
04-22-2007, 06:38 PM
My air tank needs a rehyrdo i just had some general questions about it. I live in the KC Mo area and the closest shop to me wants $45 buck for a rehyrdo, I didn't know if this price was average, good or bad. I'm not sure what they do in a rehyrdo asides from I can use the tank for a few more years, should he replace the o-rings as well? Thanks in advance

Well for $45 if he does maintenace as well go for it. I paid $30 canadian to get my tank done so much cheaper.

In a rehydro they fill the tank to 1.5 times the maximum pressure it is supposed to be filled at and they measure how much the container stretches. Depending on the kind of tank, if it stretches past 1% (or something) of its measurements when empty, it is not fit to be used anymore.

robnix
04-22-2007, 06:40 PM

I use http://www.hydrotester.com

Fast, friendly, easy. Good prices. Local scuba shops and fire departments may do it, but they may want the regulator removed first.

athomas
04-23-2007, 02:30 PM
$45 seems high. I get mine done locally for $20.00CAN.

Find out from you local fire station where they get their bottles done. Quite often, the same outfits can do the high pressure paintball cylinders.

maniacmechanic
04-24-2007, 04:22 AM
a fire saftey supply does mine ; 17.50 no valve 22.50 with valve

blake20
04-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Midwest hydro Testing in Independence probably the cheapest. Most shops in KC send them there. They have freight to and from is probably what your paying for. I think they are only open 8:00 to 5:00. Pm me and I can give you their #

commrad
05-18-2007, 12:23 AM
safety plus in corneila ga does mine, seems like it was 30 bucks