PDA

View Full Version : Some cool things to do with 12 grams?

Pneumagger
04-23-2007, 11:51 AM
What are some cool things to do with 12 grams? I tried dropping one off a 5 story stairwell just to see what would happen... and nothing :(

Is there anything cool i can do that is by most accounts, "outside of the legal realm".
I'm getting bored with dorm life, and the twin potato cannons aren't very... discrete. Although I've contemplated putting a 12ie in a spud and shooting a brick wall.

ahellers
04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
could you use one to power a model rocket?
t

geekwarrior
04-23-2007, 11:59 AM
swallow it and see if you can pass frozen gas?

t0nnn
04-23-2007, 12:00 PM
in tech class a few years ago we made drag cars out of wood and drilled a hole in the back for a 12g to fit. only thing you would have to do is make something to puncture the 12g and the car will take off

Mongoose
04-23-2007, 01:18 PM
i use them for gardening purposes :ninja: "talk to the plants"

behemoth
04-23-2007, 01:31 PM

Nah man, you gotta use copper or brass for that!

Joe, get a pipe that it'll fit down, and glue a nail in an end cap.

then throw the 12ie down the tube. MORTAR INCOMING!

We did that, glued nose-cones and fins to them....

rkjunior303
04-23-2007, 01:38 PM
whip-its lol :ninja:

scion
04-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I think he means ones that have already been spent...?

angrysasquatch
04-23-2007, 02:39 PM
in tech class a few years ago we made drag cars out of wood and drilled a hole in the back for a 12g to fit. only thing you would have to do is make something to puncture the 12g and the car will take off
Our tech teacher wants us to do that but everyone thinks it'll be stupid... me included. Do they actually do a decent speed?

Mannsports
04-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Our tech teacher wants us to do that but everyone thinks it'll be stupid... me included. Do they actually do a decent speed?

yeah. enough that you have to have a guide wire to keep them on the ground. I made one ~7 yrs ago, and got 2nd in the state. It was fun (in a geek/engineering kinda way)

Pneumagger
04-23-2007, 03:00 PM
I think he means ones that have already been spent...?

You're incorrect sir.

snoopay700
04-23-2007, 04:28 PM
We made aluminum ones in my metals class last year, the first one that shot got airborne, thankfully it was on a guidewire. They go pretty fast, fast enough that you dont' want to get hit with them.

You guys aren't thinking outside of the box (except pnuemagger, but shooting one at a brickwall could be bad, you could get hit with it). You've got to think of fun things to do, and i'm not going to say some of the ideas in my head because they're really dangerous (using one to put out a fire i.e. putting it in the fire, i know you can make the wood jump with a can of pop). Still, think outside the box, something that's never been done before.

rkjunior303
04-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Still, think outside the box, something that's never been done before.

like smash one with a 20lb sledge? :ninja:

Big Boy
04-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Throw them in a bon fire....then run.

I did it. I highly suggest the run part...

snoopay700
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Throw them in a bon fire....then run.

I did it. I highly suggest the run part...
I suggested that, yet i also pointed out how stupid it is. I only thought it was outside the box because i thought no one was stupid enough to try it. You, however, proved me wrong right there :p

buzzboy
04-23-2007, 06:44 PM
My tech class did that every year for a while. Quite fun actually. Top speed in my school was like 35 mpg. The professional ones can hit 40-45.

spike_ball999
04-23-2007, 07:17 PM
My tech class did that every year for a while. Quite fun actually. Top speed in my school was like 35 mpg. The professional ones can hit 40-45.

When did ounces turn to gallons. Did I miss some kind of memo?

The rocket cars are very cool. I had the fastest one in wood shop in middle school.

I can't think of anything fun to do with one...

zazzoo
04-23-2007, 07:32 PM
i wouldnt advise a whip it with c02
as far as i know whips its are just nitrogen ;)

CKY_Alliance
04-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Run them over with a car?

*Do this at your own risk, I do not condone such activities :rolleyes:

olinar
04-23-2007, 07:55 PM
target practice? i remember a thread where you were displaying/buying your handgun. i dont know if itll be worth the bullets

CONFIRMEDKILL
04-23-2007, 08:20 PM

Like by puncturing the co2s to give the plants something to breathe?

t0nnn
04-23-2007, 08:32 PM

yes :tard:

Mongoose
04-23-2007, 08:33 PM
helps promote growth.
plants take in co2 and release o2
so when they say talk to the plants...it really works!
using the co2 is like shouting!!! only special plants deserve this much attention :ninja:

Jaan
04-23-2007, 08:39 PM
CO2 12 gram cartridges are for use in soda bottles...you know, like in the old movies where people are squirting each other with the soda bottle on top of the bar that they normally use for mixed drinks (Scotch and soda and so forth).

For whippets, you need the 12 gram cartridges that hold nitrous oxide. Those are used in the same bottles, but you would put cream in them for home made whipped cream.

All of these can be found at catering supply stores.

Tao
04-23-2007, 08:42 PM
What are some cool things to do with 12 grams? I tried dropping one off a 5 story stairwell just to see what would happen... and nothing :(

Is there anything cool i can do that is by most accounts, "outside of the legal realm".
I'm getting bored with dorm life, and the twin potato cannons aren't very... discrete. Although I've contemplated putting a 12ie in a spud and shooting a brick wall.

There are "pen" flare launchers out there. You crew in a flare, or a bear banger or whatever to the top, pull the pin down to the bottom and let it go which contacts the bottom of the flare. I think these would work on a 12 gram carterage you just need a way to hold it in place :P A good way to get kicked out of the dorm anyway :P

rx2
04-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Using them for target practice is interesting, but you had better be behind a wall, or some other barrier when you do it. They often zing around all crazy-like. Of course, you don't want to use anything too large in caliber, as that will just cause it to burst into pieces, and won't give you the same rocket-like effect. You may try to add fins, if you wish, in order to add a bit of stability. I have never been that ambitious.

The same holds true for air-dusters.

Dark Side
04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Cut the head off, fill with black powder and bb's. Install a fuse. Light it and hand it to your sister / x-girlfriend.

snoopay700
04-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Cut the head off, fill with black powder and bb's. Install a fuse. Light it and hand it to your sister / x-girlfriend.
Wow, THAT'S not stupid. While you're at it, forget the 12 gram, just make a pipe bomb, light it, and give it to someone in political power, cause that seems like a better idea (and for those that can't sense sarcasm, that's what this is, sarcasm).

trevorjk
04-24-2007, 12:49 AM
Wow, THAT'S AWESOME. While you're at it, forget the 12 gram, just make a pipe bomb, light it, and give it to someone in political power, cause that seems like a better idea

fixed for accuracy :p

CrazyLemurBoy
04-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Microwave them. It's hilarious!

snoopay700
04-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Microwave them. It's hilarious!
Spark, spark, spark.......

BOOM

d4m4don3
04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
helps promote growth.
plants take in co2 and release o2
so when they say talk to the plants...it really works!
using the co2 is like shouting!!! only special plants deserve this much attention :ninja:

Special Plants :rolleyes:

Hydroponics?

:D

Mongoose
04-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Special Plants :rolleyes:

Hydroponics?

:D
i prefer the regular soil system ...but hydro works well also :ninja:
i wish i lived in cali....great weather

i knida like the idea invloving a rocket...thats something i might try

snoopay700
04-24-2007, 04:11 PM
i prefer the regular soil system ...but hydro works well also :ninja:
i wish i lived in cali....great weather

i knida like the idea invloving a rocket...thats something i might try
I like the idea of a mortor

Teal
05-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I made a PVC cannon with those. I just threaded a changer onto one end, loaded up with paint, and screwed it in.

Hold it between your teeth and puncture it? Maybe?

When all else fails, go with fire and/or sharp objects.

Ooooooh!!!! When you see a building on fire, rush in with a box and toss them in the blaze. You'll be a hero. No doubt. :rolleyes:

behemoth
05-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Spray paint them green, and put them in people's lawns.

When they cut the lawn, you'll have fun.

hs2000
05-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Play stock class paintball...?

geekwarrior
05-05-2007, 10:42 AM

:rofl: your mind works in devious ways. :ninja:

MoeMag
05-05-2007, 11:28 AM

:rofl: that really did make me laugh

maglover728
05-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I have been quiet until now, but I have to say, the lawn one is the first idea on this thread that I have not heard of before. lol

aqua_scummm
05-05-2007, 06:05 PM
If you put one in a fire, the shrapnel has been able to go straight through cinderblock. Keep that in mind.

buy a bunch and a 9 ounce tank with on/off, and some adapters, and try to fill the tank with 12grams. That will keepy you busy.

ahellers
05-05-2007, 08:22 PM
how many would it take to put them in orbit? some one crunch the numbers, we need an answer. :D
t