PDA

View Full Version : Brass Eagle Talon

snoopay700
04-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Well i'm finally biting the bullet and buying one, something i've been wanting to do for a while now. I know they're not that bad, i've shot one, and i plan to try to use this more than my other guns (there's a method to this madness). Anyway, i'm sure there's at least one person who can help me, is there anyway to chrono these things, or am i going to be pretty much stuck with something that differentiates how far it shoots depending on how it feels.

BlueDragonX
04-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Well i'm finally biting the bullet and buying one, something i've been wanting to do for a while now. I know they're not that bad, i've shot one, and i plan to try to use this more than my other guns (there's a method to this madness). Anyway, i'm sure there's at least one person who can help me, is there anyway to chrono these things, or am i going to be pretty much stuck with something that differentiates how far it shoots depending on how it feels.

No, you can't adjust the velocity on them. They will always shoot around 300fps, at least mine always has.

You pretty much can't do anything with them. They're pretty much just fun to play around with, being an uber-cheap pump and all. I'll probably be picking up a second so my friend Heather and I can go one on one next week at Bayou's BYOP.

snoopay700
04-23-2007, 05:32 PM
No, you can't adjust the velocity on them. They will always shoot around 300fps, at least mine always has.

You pretty much can't do anything with them. They're pretty much just fun to play around with, being an uber-cheap pump and all. I'll probably be picking up a second so my friend Heather and I can go one on one next week at Bayou's BYOP.
Yeah, i want one because i want to play pump, and i figure it adds insult to injury if that pump is a talon. Shame you can't adjust the velocity, because i'm sure it drops in winter, but oh well. Thanks for helping me out, i guess i'll buy one then.

The Action Figure
04-23-2007, 08:07 PM
to be honest you can pick up a decent pump for around 30-50 is you look hard enough. i wouldnt reccomend a talon even for a first pump just messing around. :)

skife
04-23-2007, 08:18 PM
i think it was a field around here that picked up like a skid of talons or the winchester .68's
and had a tournament where you had to use that gun in the tourney.

you got to keep the gun though.

SummaryJudgement
04-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Talons............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .really........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................?

turbo chicken
04-24-2007, 09:06 AM
talon ... good times ... easily modded and the right size washer can be modded to use as a shim if you got a dremmel ...

get an older grey one they hold up better ... take a look at tigersharks though ... one can be had for about the same price and you can put a tank on them ...

LegumeOfTerror
04-24-2007, 09:32 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/DSCN0835.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/DSCN0832.jpg

my cheaply awesome pumps.

Lomarandil
04-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Right.. velocity can be adjusted by shimming the main spring.. I drilled a hole through a penny, used that... worked just fine..

Lo

turbo chicken
04-24-2007, 02:34 PM
while you got it cracked open fill every empty space you can (except there the bolt and hammer is) with paper towels or something like that ... or duct tape ... the things are amazingly quiet when this is done ... you pack it dense enough and all you'll hear is a click and a bloop when the ball comes out ...

add some plastic to the top of the trigger glue a little square to the top of the trigger assy to take up slack ... glue some to the back of the trigger to take up tht slack ...

replace the plastic part that goes into the body with a metal yard stick ... they are already tapered and fit great ...

i could go on but google brass eagle talon mods there's a page out there somewhere that has everything ...

talon's rock :headbang:

snoopay700
04-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks everyone. The real reason i want a talon is to add insult to injury. I bunkered a guy with an ion with my spyder, and needless to say he felt pretty stupid (and i hadn't played in months) so i figure if i do something similar with a talon it'll be even worse. I figure if i use the worst gun i can find my skills are bound to increase a lot more saving me money on air and paint. I'm planning on making it stock class too, just to accentuate everything. That's also why a gun with a tank would defeat the purpose.

SpitFire1299
04-24-2007, 08:16 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/DSCN0835.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/DSCN0832.jpg

my cheaply awesome pumps.
Sadly those bottom 2 arent psp legal. :rolleyes:

snoopay700
04-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Sadly those bottom 2 arent psp legal. :rolleyes:
why is that?

The Action Figure
04-24-2007, 08:32 PM
color

snoopay700
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
color
You can't have colorful markers in psp?

BlueDragonX
04-24-2007, 10:24 PM
You can't have colorful markers in psp?

The PSP rules state that you can't have a marker whose color may impeded the judges from identifying whether your marker has been hit or not. It's no more specific than that but it says the judge will ask you to stop using the marker in question rather than disqualify you. same applies for clothing.

Personally I think the PSP rules are a bit fascist but I don't intend to ever play the PSP format so it doesn't really effect me :)

snoopay700
04-24-2007, 10:46 PM
The PSP rules state that you can't have a marker whose color may impeded the judges from identifying whether your marker has been hit or not. It's no more specific than that but it says the judge will ask you to stop using the marker in question rather than disqualify you. same applies for clothing.

Personally I think the PSP rules are a bit fascist but I don't intend to ever play the PSP format so it doesn't really effect me :)
Ok, now i get it. I don't plan on playing in it either, so it doesn't really matter.

paint magnet
04-26-2007, 02:10 PM

If he ever did want to play PSP, all he'd need would be some sandpaper to make his gun legal. :D

Zone Drifter
04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
You should get a tigershark off ebay. My friend has one, and for an old brass eagle, its pretty accurate and quiet. Makes a nice "thunk" sound when it fires. XD