PDA

View Full Version : installing new x valve

Raligh
04-23-2007, 11:13 PM
he he :dance: i just got my new x valve (yea for me). I've never realy messed around with my mag, other than changing the grips and adding a sight rail. I took off the air fitting to my old valve and am saveing it for the x. do i just screw it back into the new valve? add a little teflon tape? thats it done? or is their anything i shold watch out for? hehe i'm all giddy cant wait for it. any words of wisdom will be apreciated. :dance:

i know this is realy a stupid question, but hey i'm realy new to tinkering with my mag.

georgeyew
04-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Nope that's it. Put some teflon tape/sealant on the air fitting, screw that thing into the X valve, add a few drops of oil into the air fitting, gas it up and fire. Some have suggested firing a few hundred times to break in the o-rings....sounds like a good idea. Have fun.

athomas
04-24-2007, 09:28 AM
You should probably tune the level 10 bolt. It comes factory tuned, but quite often it isn't perfect for your setup. Remove the shims from the powertube and use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. You should be able to use the red bolt spring. After you break in the valve, the level 10 may leak a bit. When it does this, go to the next smaller carrier size with the same oring.

egb groupie
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Make sure that you don't have any teflon tape in the first thread or so of the air fitting, and that no teflon tape is covering over the hole in the air fitting. You didn't mention if you had a classic valve before or not, but be careful with your x-valve, it is made of aluminum and the screw holes can be stripped out alittle easier. This goes for the air fitting hole, as well as the field strip screw (big screw on the back of the trigger frame).